• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I finished this game a little while ago, and here are my thoughts on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrycombs

Overall, I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but there are a few things that annoyed me quite a bit.

First, it took me forever to figure out how to do the million stab combo and such. Having to press the button so many times was needlessly difficult, and I thought that they did it much better in 4, but I eventually figured out how to do it consistently.

The Iron balls that hang from the ceiling were TERRIBLE. They broke up the pace, and caused a lot of frustration. Especially the part where you need to make two collide. The dice game in DMC4 was better than this. Why does Capcom have to include these types of thing?

Finally, I wish Vergil was selectable from your Dante game, by pressing R2 or L2. After I finished the game, I created a new game as Vergil, and to my horror, I deleted my game with Dante :verymad::verymad:

I made a new game with Dante and beat it again rather quickly, but I couldn't find all of the secret missions that I had done the first time through.

Story wise, 3 is much better than 4 in my opinion. The battles with Vergil were epic.

I also liked the weapons in in 3 better. Although, I wish you didn't have to get air hike for every weapon.

Also, it is much, much, easier to get orbs in 3, which is a good thing and a bad thing I guess. For instance, to get all of the skills, I just replayed mission 20 a bunch of times, getting an A or an S rank, and only spending 1 minute or so each time.

Also, unlocking all of the extras in SE is lots of fun too. I still need to complete all of the difficulties, but with school, I don't have much time.

So, I really liked it, but I think its a bit overrated.

aka958

Don't trust people
ye the iron balls sucked and to do super combos like million stab should be hard! in 4 it isn't a super combo it is just a part of a normal combo... boring! it won't light up and sound like it should and you feel that you get more power when you have more style! and there are different savings... thought you would get vergil as a costume? that's that... any comments?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Admitedly, whoever created the Iron Ball bit really needs to be kicked in the balls, nice review, quite in detail too, but DMC3 overrated? Shun the non-believer! :lol:

Otherwise, +rep to you.

Sparda™

I think you messed the game you're calling as overrated. Devil May Cry 4 is the king of overrating from the devil-slaying saga games.

Devil May Cry was designed as a spin-off for Resident Evil. It came as the opposite.

While the nature of survival horror games is having low ammunition, avoiding crowds and solving difficult puzzles, Devil May Cry is about getting in the crowd, killing It in the most stylish way possible, solving easy puzzles and shooting with infinite ammunition.

The Iron Balls are pretty obvious how to deal with. Never heard anyone complain from that, and frankly, It's very ridiculous complaining on such thing.

harrycombs

Dante Aseroth;123940 said:
I think you messed the game you're calling as overrated. Devil May Cry 4 is the king of overrating from the devil-slaying saga games.

I think the entire series is a bit underrated. I am the only person I know IRL who likes Devil May Cry. Devil May Cry 4 had its fair share of problems too, of course. Both have things that I like better than the other.

The Iron Balls are pretty obvious how to deal with. Never heard anyone complain from that, and frankly, It's very ridiculous complaining on such thing.

Actually, with the first iron ball I thought you were supposed to crash it into the wall, but that didn't work. Then I thought that I might need to hit it so I could get it into a position where I could jump on it and to a ledge, but there were none. It would seem just too obvious that all you had to do was pound on it until you destroyed it. After I read thats all it took, it only took me a few tries to figure out how to damage it the fastest. In the end, it was just out of place and didn't fit the mood of the game, thats the biggest problem with it. Then when I saw that they came back twice more, I was annoyed, because they just didn't feel like they belonged, and the one where you had to make the two hit each other took me a while to finish as well.

Sparda™

Although I respect your opinion, that is to some extent.

I believe you didn't get It when I said the differences between survival horror and action/hack-and-slash game genres.

The puzzles were simple to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom