• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't like the Yamato in DmC

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yu Gi Oh Abridged, right?:lol:
tumblr_m3q90h6JSf1qe1lmeo1_250_zps19fad2a3.gif
I got banned for a couple of days just telling someone to shut up and calm down after he overreacted.

Whatever. You kids stay cool now.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wow you guys can't even talk about weapons without getting your panties in a bunch. Have to resort to calling each other stupid, ignorant & again trying to make points about trivial matters seem more important than they are. Opinions are welcome, insulting people's opinions and intelligence is not. I suggest the people who get wound up over such simple matters start thinking about the words they are typing and the attitude that comes off their comments.

I got banned for a couple of days just telling someone to shut up and calm down after he overreacted.

Whatever. You kids stay cool now.

Yet I've just seen you overreact in a very similar manner & start insulting people you merely disagree with. Not to mention the patronising tone of most comments I've seen. I thought we had turned a corner lately but I'm disappointed to say those thoughts were seemingly premature.

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Now, beck then, when ever someone talked about the yamato, this would come to mind to a DMC fan.
Yamato_DMC4.png

Stylish, elegant, and just breathes powerful. An idol sword for a strong warrior.

But in DmC, now all I see is this;
tumblr_mnfhbgxoSS1ryfipvo2_500.jpg

Formed strangely, the curve of the blade is a slant instead, and the sheath doesn't even pass the rainguard of the sword. Plus it's bland black color is quite unappealing to me. It just doesn't say "this sword is a powerful magic katana that can kill any foe". I think NT should have gotten a better look at what a true katana looks like, cause this one looks crappy to me.

What do you guys think?

Most definitely agreed.

Yamato from DMC 3/4 had particular aesthetics about it that stood out to the viewer. Then again, it also depended on the manner in which it was held, as DMC3 Vergil had a certain elegance to him. The weapon suited his personality incredibly well. The yellow ribbon was a nice addition to the sword, I would believe. ^_^ It added a sense of charm to Vergil's somewhat dull, receding character. It just worked.

The shape of the blade edge from DmC is a striking oddity really. Even the scabbard looks pretty bland -- I would have preferred more detail perhaps, or even a properly rounded end there.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Wow you guys can't even talk about weapons without getting your panties in a bunch. Have to resort to calling each other stupid, ignorant & again trying to make points about trivial matters seem more important than they are. Opinions are welcome, insulting people's opinions and intelligence is not. I suggest the people who get wound up over such simple matters start thinking about the words they are typing and the attitude that comes off their comments.

Yet I've just seen you overreact in a very similar manner & start insulting people you merely disagree with. Not to mention the patronising tone of most comments I've seen. I thought we had turned a corner lately but I'm disappointed to say those thoughts were seemingly premature.
Ok, I admit maybe I did do that and I apologize. I'm usually pretty laid back and don't take things too seriously. I just got rather annoyed because I saw some really dumb things and my inner Hulk tried to appear a little there.
tumblr_m51x3nDAE21rozd3po1_500.gif
We cool.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
If you think the original blade somehow functioned better than please I beg you think about how stupid you sound. These are fictional weapons and NOTHING they do translates to how they actually function because it is a VIDEO GAME. One aspect being how hack n slash games act like swords are blunt sticks. You have any idea how sharp a katana is? I'm pretty sure even cutting up these demons we would see a bit of hacking being done. I also don't expect anyone in real life would actually wield a sword like Rebellion in that fashion.

You see what happens when you try to even debate how things are suppose to be when it comes to sh!t like this? You just don't question it at all because it's not suppose to be realistic. But I guarantee you will come back with yet another comment trying to somehow "prove" the original DMC Yamato is somehow the better sword with stuff you'll just pull out of your ass because you simply don't want to admit that you just prefer it because it's DMC's version and not DmC.

I don't care if you say you like DMC's version better just don't do stuff like this. You're making yourself look like an idiot and going beyond just the biased delusional fanboy.

If you are not into katanas and stuff, it's impossible for you to understand the significance of a katana's visual appearance.
Forging a katana is a noble art and when a katana looks like sit, it means the artist was ****, it also means that the person wielding the katana has ****ty taste ( which is quite obvious in the case of vergil, judgin from his taste in clothing )

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If you are not into katanas and stuff, it's impossible for you to understand the significance of a katana's visual appearance.
Forging a katana is a noble art and when a katana looks like sit, it means the artist was ****, it also means that the person wielding the katana has ****ty taste ( which is quite obvious in the case of vergil, judgin from his taste in clothing )
I know all about the katana. It's origin, significance, all that good stuff. Dude, I'm a total history nerd and I look up all this kind of stuff just for fun. One of my favorite subjects is the history of ancient warriors and their culture. You don't need to try and lecture me.

rocketvergil

I know all about the katana. It's origin, significance, all that good stuff. Dude, I'm a total history nerd and I look up all this kind of stuff just for fun. One of my favorite subjects is the history of ancient warriors and their culture. Vergil doesn't sport the ideals you think he portrays. He isn't honorable and definitely should read a book or something about these kinds of codes. Bushido, chivalry, etc.
You dont need a history major to appreciate the design of a katana. It's impossible to convince someone who thinks that a sword is only a sharp stick that a katana is art itself. In terms of vergil's character, your right, this vergil does not have much ideals and that reflects in the crappy katana he carries around. However, if your saying that DMC3 vergil was oblivious about ideals, your really wrong.

rocketvergil

This chancey guy really does think he so much better than others, doesnt he?
I mean I cant go to a single thread without being offended by his supreme knowledge of everything. On, top of that, he is a brony :/.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You dont need a history major to appreciate the design of a katana. It's impossible to convince someone who thinks that a sword is only a sharp stick that a katana is art itself. In terms of vergil's character, your right, this vergil does not have much ideals and that reflects in the crappy katana he carries around. However, if your saying that DMC3 vergil was oblivious about ideals, your really wrong.
Oh so you just totally misread my comment. When I said the thing about the stick I was talking how video games treat swords like that. I wasn't talking about the real thing. And I know Vergil has his own ideals. He's pretty much just an asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else because he has that demonic heritage.

rocketvergil

Oh so you just totally misread my comment. When I said the thing about the stick I was talking how video games treat swords like that. I wasn't talking about the real thing. And I know Vergil has his own ideals. He's pretty much just an asshole who thinks he's better than everyone else because he has that demonic heritage.
You seem to be a vergil hater and Im a vergil fanboy, so we shouldn't get into an argument. It's gonna produce a lot of immature comments and wont reach a conclusion.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I never said I was better than anyone else.

Plus, I don't see how enjoying a cartoon has anything to do with what we were discussing. I like the show but, I don't even call myself a brony. That's just because I'm not big on labels. There are better cartoons. (check the sig) I'm a bigger Spider-Man nut but I don't go around calling myself a Spidey or something.

rocketvergil

I never said I was better than anyone else.

Plus, I don't see how enjoying a cartoon has anything to do with what we were discussing. I like the show but, I don't even call myself a brony. That's just because I'm not big on labels. I'm a bigger Spider-Man nut but I don't go around calling myself a Spidey or something.
I was just kidding bro, it's just funny to see someone who watches colourful ponies to give such mature comments

Top Bottom