• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I changed my imnd

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
For those who know me; remember when I said that I honestly thought DMC3 had a lacking story and flawed characters...Well I think I changed my mind. I don't know either its because of not seeing DMC3 in such a long time or not, but I must say after looking at the cutscene movie of it, I gotta say it's actually not as bad as I really remembered it. Yeah I still think Dante's too much of a douchebag party animal and Vergil's so one dimensional, but even so, I gotta say it's pretty good then how I remembered it.

So I say...eh, not bad.
IFkyFWS.gif

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
There are a lot of nice subtle elements in DMC3 I really like, for example the three times Dante fights Vergil,

The first time Dante challenges Vergil while holding his pistols (which are man made) aimed at him representing his human side because he hates his Demon heritage, he then losses as a human fighting against Vergil because Vergil accepts his demon nature.

The second time Dante holds Rebellion at Vergil when challenging him, showing he has accepted his Devil side and the fight ends in a draw.

The final time they fight Dante just points at Vergil when challenging him representing he has accepted his heritage and is fighting as a Son of Sparda.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i like everything about dmc3 even jester cracks me up the lady dante scenes are cool the three brothers fights the styles and weapons boss rush in mission 18 etc i love it all oh and isnt that gif paul macartney no ?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I think that people often exaggerated about how "****ty" DMC story is overall. I mean, it's very simplistic, it's not as directed as it could be: there a lot of things that are implied but not even in a clear way to most people, i mean, Dante keeping his own gloves that was sliced by Vergil at the end and even the Force Edge means something to him, that scene in the end represents that Vergil still had his human side he liking it or not, he cared for his brother and he showed this by his very own way of expressing things (slashing something with his sword, Vergil is like one of this "natural warriors" that sees a deep meaning in fight and skill itself, like Ryu or Sagat from SF).

But yeah, there is a lot of complaints that can be made about DMC's storyline and narrative in a lot of points that are not polished very well or even flawled (DMC4 introduced a lot of inconsistencies and plotholes, and that's granted even if they can fix this in the future or with some kind of remake or reboot for the older games).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think that people often exaggerated about how "****ty" DMC story is overall. I mean, it's very simplistic, it's not as directed as it could be: there a lot of things that are implied but not even in a clear way to most people, i mean, Dante keeping his own gloves that was sliced by Vergil at the end and even the Force Edge means something to him, that scene in the end represents that Vergil still had his human side he liking it or not, he cared for his brother and he showed this by his very own way of expressing things (slashing something with his sword, Vergil is like one of this "natural warriors" that sees a deep meaning in fight and skill itself, like Ryu or Sagat from SF).

That didn't really prove he still cared about his human side. Just that he cared about his brother enough to not let him get trapped in the demon world with him...plus a little bit of just wanting to be "daddy's little follower".

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
DMC3 is just a very good game in terms of gameplay. The story isn't bad at all, either. The acting is top notch, I mean, that Reuben Langdon managed to pull off some ridiculous lines is a miracle. It's all choreographed very well.

The main problem people seem to have with it is its writing (the cheesiness). And maybe the characters are considered too one-dimensional. But I can't call that a flaw, as it just works really well with hack and slash games.

I still think it's the best DMC. I even think it's still better than DmC, at least concerning gameplay and acting.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
DMC3s story is executed pretty flawless in terms of pacing and moving the plot forward. There is no major plotpoints, there is character development, okay character motives and an intelligent villain (Arkham).

The story itself isn't the best but it contains lots of subtle elements when you take a closer look.

People saying that the story in DMC3 sucks are morons.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
HEY QUICK QUESTION DOES ANYONE ON HERE KNOW SWORDMASTERSTYLE WELL???? I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION ABOUT THE CERTAIN TECHNIQUES EFFECTIVENESS AGAINST THE BOSS BEOWULF MAINLY THE THROWING SWORD TECHNIQUE YOU GET UPON LVL 2 OF THE SWORDMASTER STYLE. WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF WHEN YOU THROW THE SWORD AT BEOWULF IT INSTANTLY GOES FOR HIS FACE OR NOT??????

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
the only reason i ask because after you beat beowulf the cutscene shows dante throwing his sword and cutting out beowulfs good eye so i was wondering if you can actually throw your sword at his head cuz if so combined with tricksteand your guns you should be fairly untouchable except for those flying lgiht things-_- however upon reading some of the other forums ive read you can dodge those with going DT and running...sooo throwing the sword yes or no?????

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
HEY QUICK QUESTION DOES ANYONE ON HERE KNOW SWORDMASTERSTYLE WELL???? I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION ABOUT THE CERTAIN TECHNIQUES EFFECTIVENESS AGAINST THE BOSS BEOWULF MAINLY THE THROWING SWORD TECHNIQUE YOU GET UPON LVL 2 OF THE SWORDMASTER STYLE. WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF WHEN YOU THROW THE SWORD AT BEOWULF IT INSTANTLY GOES FOR HIS FACE OR NOT??????

No, it doesn't. But it is useful for shaving off his HP when you're far away from him. I think I also used it to destroy those things he summons: the things with the chains. Not sure what to call them. They contain health orbs, I believe.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
okay when you say shaving off hp how much are we talking??? and if hes running around will you miss or will the throw connect no matter what so long as you lock on???

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
okay when you say shaving off hp how much are we talking??? and if hes running around will you miss or will the throw connect no matter what so long as you lock on???

Very little HP :p I just used it because I never use the Trickster style, and get punched by Beowulf a few times. It's been a while since I last played, but I think it automatically always hits him if you lock on. If you don't need the health orbs, I suggest attacking him while he's summoning the cage thingies. It's too bad it's impossible to target body parts with the sword throw, because that would be fun.

EDIT: I don't think you can target him with the sword throw. You just hold the Y button (or triangle, whatever), and release the button.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
**** lol i was hoping it would go right for the head lol oh well i used gunslinger and blasted him non stop with E&Iand how do you get close to him anyway and not get hit hes either stomping or swinging wildly any tips????

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Royal Guard's the best style to go into Beowulf with. It does crazy damage to his face with a full Gold release (can kill him in one hit on easier difficulties)

It will also stop his charging attack if you jump guard as he's about to hit you stunning him and you can use Ultimate (RG + Back) to avoid those white lights he summons which will give you health back.

You can also spam D.T.Es while waiting to fill up your RG meter from all the D.T you'll be getting from blocks.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
okay...lol wanna run that by me again :p okay umm so the fight has just begun and hes walking around swinging what should i be doing to do the most damage with the least damage taken??? 2nd part now hes running aound charging same question what should i be doing to do the most damage and take the least??? please use full terms no short forms lol:p

Top Bottom