• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Human OR Demon

Human or demon

• Human

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Demon

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

DreadnoughtDT;248356 said:
THANK YOU.

Finally someone understands how I feel...

Glad you stand by me, DT. *high fives*

And Lexy, that is very true. I couldn't have put it better myself.

we are not talking about good humans and bad humans :\ you know
WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE POWER OF DEMONS :dry:
EDIT: just think ... If I've been able to use gilgamesh... :sleep:

aoshi

Why does a rebellion always end in killing or bomb blasts?

There is no need to be hyterical to be a demon. In fact in DMC series, demon is a metaphor for the options that characters choose. Dante claimed sparda sword to save his father's work. But dante was a punk and many could not comprehend the fact.

As of my experience, I have met many or worked with some who had most of stupid options to bail out on an arguement such as seniors or elders or social status than to see the obvious. Ofcourse there are people who are good and better but don't see them where they need to be. They are weak and can't stand up when occasion rises besides agree to gibberish BS such as entire world is happy as i have 3 meals a day so why argue.

I don't compromise mediocrity and reaching new goals and find thousands of BS each day and wish why am i the only one fighting to see the obvious.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Drakkar;248514 said:
Soon...with my demonic powers... I'll be able to conquer the world... HAHAHAAHHAAAAAAAA

Well, if you're gonna rule the world... Can I be your right hand man- er... Lizard? :)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Vergil'sB*tch;248525 said:
So if someone killed the likes of Mugabe (or any other dictator), where would you guys stand on that?

To be honest, I'd prefer to be better informed (without getting too political here) about the harm someone in power is creating in their country (and what might happen after their deaths) before passing judgement on their killing. Mugabe included. What we get is the media's version of events or the information passed down from a few journalists or people willing to speak out. It's easy from what little I know to say the guy's a worthless hack and nobody would miss him, but that's all I know - the few words of a few other people from off the TV... if I actually lived in Zimbabwe I'm sure I'd have much more scope to make some kind of judgement on whether Robert Mugabe dying would be a good or a bad thing. Just like when everyone thought it was a great idea to get rid of Saddam because nobody thought he was any good - and yet the power vaccuum he left behind has caused as much trouble and violence in Iraq as when Saddam was still around, if not more. Even the Iraqis seem to be saying this - that what they have now is actually worse - because from their point of view putting up with Saddam and his whimsical warmongering (mostly outside of Iraq) was better for them then than it is now with their kids risking being blown up every day by car bombs on the way to school. This did not happen under Saddam because he kept order in his country. Dictators can, particularly in third world and unstable regions, actually be stabilising for the people who put up with them. We think they're all no good from our point of view of living in a relatively safe and peaceful democractic country, but if I lived in Iraq... I'd probably be thinking quite different. I'd probably be thinking of whether this dictator in power is going to make it easier for me to make it from one day to the next.

I think what DT was saying is that none of us are really qualified to pass judgement on another person's life. Although I personally would say that some people, in the right circumstance and situation, can be excused as necessary casualties. Hate to bring him up, but Hitler, for example. If he hadn't taken his own life, the sheer enormity of the crimes against humanity that were done under his approval would have meant he'd have been hanged, without question. So bad was the wrongs brought about through his rule I doubt anybody anywhere involved in bringing the perpetrators to justice would have questioned the need to placate his victims - by killing him. Personally I think it's wrong: I'd rather someone like him would rot in a jail cell and think about what they've done for the rest of their miserable lives, but that's one reason people might think otherwise. Another - better - reason, would be that if the plot to kill Hitler had been successful, it might have demoralised and destabilised his regime such that the European aspect of the war would have been finished quicker and less human lives lost as a result. In that case, in the scenario of a world war and immense loss of life, I'd have to say that yes, the life of one man, the man in charge - if his death might serve to end such a war faster - then somebody should try to kill him. His life is not worth millions of innocent lives to me, particularly if he started the whole thing.

So... I dunno. On the one hand you have to be careful about making snap judgements on removing dictators because sometimes they actually do more good than harm. And on the other hand sometimes you have to step in early (like they should have during WW2) rather than stand by and watch, because sometimes they do much, much more harm than good. I guess the trick is being able to tell the difference... if that's even possible without hindsight...

S1RKA

I'd definitely prefer to be a human. Humans, unlike demons have souls, thus granting us the ability to do things that demons cannot. Like, hmmm use holy light to smite them suckerzz. Besides, given the right circumstances, humans are powerful creatures. I mean look what we've done to this planet! We single handedly put a gaping hole in the ozone layer, thus making the world a little less suitable of a place to live. And we are still doing it!

Lets see Sparda do that.... >.>

Meg

Vergil'sB*tch;248525 said:
So if someone killed the likes of Mugabe (or any other dictator), where would you guys stand on that?

I think Hitler is the best example for what your saying. In those cases I would understand where the person was coming from. I would rather judgement be left to the right people, but I wouldn't be that mad if some random guy shot Hitler, or whatever, in the head.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i voted demon for a simple reason they are powerfull
but not every one needs power power is pointless with out someone to share it with i mean look at sparda he had power and he had emotions and still managed to find some one a HUMAN! BTW we are all humans now arnt we so if we wernt human how could we be on this website or talkin about this

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i choose human because it seems like the life of a demon would be dull.

(oh and on the subject of the morality of killing: some people lack the ability to feel guilt or understand another persons suffering. most who seem like that are faking. but a very rare few can think of killing another person as easily as getting lunch. and they don't feel any worse if they actually do it. they can't they are simply born without that part of their mind. most of those people feel nothing about killing but some are far worse they enjoy it( that is why there are serial killers) there are even people who cannot feel any real pleasure unless they are killing another human being.)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
What if one of your demon powers would be to assume any form you like? Fun, fun, fun. :lol:

Oh and I think you're quite right darkslayer - a 'psychopath's' or 'sociopath's' brain might well be different in some ways... I just read an interesting book about that subject. Empathy is ability to imagine suffering in your fellow humans, and psychotics can sometimes 'turn it off' at will or just don't have it. I guess they can be born that way or become that way, but empathy goes a long way to stopping you from hurting other people. Without it, we each of us would probably not care in the slightest how much we hurt someone or what we did to get what we wanted.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
DS13 has a point. Some people's brains are just wired in such a way that they can't feel empathy. They can't feel what it would be like to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom