• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How's the PC version?

I already have this on Ps3 but I am considering getting it on PC as well.

Only if it was ported well.

For those who have it already how is it?

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I was originally planning on getting it for PS3, but dear God, it's outrageously expensive in my country (around $120 USD). So I ended up buying it on Steam for the much the better price of $50.

I really love it! Because my computer only meets the minumum requirements and not the recommended it's not as graphically powerful as it is in consoles normally, but it still looks very, very good. Game flows really good, very good framerate, and the keyboard/mouse controlls (by default) are surprisingly efficient and good. Controller still beats it all day, but if you don't have one at hand, using keyboard/mouse isn't bad at all.

All in all, I think it's really good, no better nor worse than the console versions. With the only downside that the devil trigger and gun special commands cannot be changed from the default and that the menus force you to use arrow keys instead of the mouse.

The big upside, of course, is the mod support that will surely show its colors soon enough. :)

Gbraga

It's incredible, the low point was no possibility to remap Gun Special, now it's gone :cool:

Gbraga

dmc-devilmaycry2013-089o65.png

So it is moddable for sure?

I don't use the remapped gun special anyway. I prefer default controls to the console.

I do enjoy mods and 60fps though.

Roxas

I simply love it. Can't run it smoothly as of right now, and lots of people are having trouble with the game on Steam's forums.
Hoping for a patch soon, but I guess I can ignore the freezes. Although I'm sure I'm going to lose a lot of health in the platformer sections because of said freezing.

sti4thewin

had the ps3 version and boy is this an upgrade :)
looks fantastic and im getting 300 fps on max settings, great port.

But i have a problem that i didnt run into with the ps3 version. I use a ps3 controller on my pc and whenever i try to jump cancel dante's first swipe in air and then jc it i cant keep it going like i was able to in the ps3 version. i think it has something to do with the difference from 30 fps. its too fast. it kinda sucks cause now i cant do as stylish combos :((((

Gbraga

So it is moddable for sure?

I don't use the remapped gun special anyway. I prefer default controls to the console.

I do enjoy mods and 60fps though.
If you remap gun special for a button, not only the invisible moves glitch becomes easier, but you can also use charged shots during gun special moves, so you can charge a ricoshot while you do rainstorm.

Adaren

Thanks for the fix! I also found a way to bind buttons that turn Angel/Demon Mode on after one press and leave it on. Hopefully this game will have a fair bit of modding potential!

Vlaxatamir

Thanks for the fix! I also found a way to bind buttons that turn Angel/Demon Mode on after one press and leave it on. Hopefully this game will have a fair bit of modding potential!
Yeah i have it so angel is Q and demon is E but they only stay as long as i have those buttons pushed down but when i bound the other switch keys to 1 and 2 they stay out from just one push

Soupie

Yep, just go to DevilGame/Config/DefaultInput.ini and remap Gun Special to NTB_LEFT_SHOULDER and Evade 2 to NTB_NONE
It uses the default configuration. I'm using a custom configuration and I want to map my gun special to the Y button. Is it possible?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Compared to a lot of PC ports as of late, it's practically solid gold.
Heard some not so brilliant things about the key bindings (not really affecting me since I'm using a controller anyway) but with it all being rebindable, shouldn't be too big a deal.

Runs fine, no slowdowns or anything. Benchmarks putting me at about 200 fps on ultra so framerate certainly isn't an issue. :lol:

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
So i just finished the game and i'm doing on the Son of sparda difficulty now. I can't believe that you can't still skip the f*cking cutscenes even thought you have have finished the game!

Is there an option for this?

Top Bottom