• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to do DMC4 better?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If given the chance how would you have done dmc4 better?

That includes any aspect from gameplay to story. Only rule is that you have to use the basis of the game. You can't scrap it for a solo game on Vergil.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Ahh... This is a good thread. If I had to do some amendments in DMC4, I'd change the nature of Kyrie- make her less reliable on Nero; y'know a little more independent. Make Dante a little more SERIOUS with more missions. Aaaaand.... That's it for now 'cause I liked the gameplay of both the 'heroes'.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Less Nero, more Dante! Yeah, I had to. Bit more story and I agree with the above about Kyrie. Damsels in distress are getting old.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
Make a story that surpass DMC3's story.

Dante must be more serious.

Nero must not have any connections with Sparda's lineage.

Explore Nero's background(only the interesting part of it)

Make Vergil(also Nelo/Nero Angelo) a bonus character to play with.

Play with the sword of Sparda with Dante.

Give Dante the "Legendary Dark Knight" costume.

Explain how the Order of the Sword found Yamato.

Show a bonus cutscene of the young Vergil fighting Mundus and his corruption ritual.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Simple make it take place in a darker area and make the characters more interesting

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
1. Add more unlockable costumes.
2. Make Ebony & Ivory stronger
3. Make the Shot Gun's "nunchucks" action unlimited like it was in DMC3.
4. More levels for both Nero and Dante.
5. Expand the story a bit and tell us Nero's origins. Maybe even have it tie in with DMC2.
6. Make Vergil a playable character.
7. Remove the time limit in Bloody Palace.

ZeroLove

Remove Nero as the main character and focus on Dante's revealing the Order to be the baddy demon worshippers they are. Let Nero be a sidekick character instead.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For me the DMC4 story was as if the developers did have a complete story in their minds, but because of some factor or two (deadlines?) didn't bother to make it clear to us too, who actually don't know what's happening inside their heads (how dare we!).

I'd change that first so that Nero's origins, Vergil's sword, what the order exactly is, Sparda(?) etc. stuff were answered.

I'd make Dante the main character and Nero an unlockable one - like Vergil in DMC3. Or having them do things like DMC2, each to his own disc.

More costumes. And finally let Dante being able to use the DMC2 costume. I was ticked off when he didn't have it in DMC3.

No time in Bloody Palace. It's annoying to be anxious about time. It's the sickest thing in every game. So no, thank you. Judge us by how much time we used yes, but not limit that time. I might want to play and taunt and mess with my enemies, why should I hurry?

Maybe have unlockable characters such as Trish/Lady/Vergil.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
I would change DmC 4 so that it explains it a bit more on Nero's origins and his connection to Dante. A bit more Trish/Lady into the game. Perhaps explain what exactly happened to Vergil.

And also definitely let us have a choice to turn on/off the time limit in Bloody Palace.

More unlockable characters would be nice as well...

Nessy

I don't care about the story.

Remove some of the crappy enemies (the chimeras) and make the game a bit faster and more difficult.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I would like for Nero to be a bit more cockier like Dante in DMC3
Make Dante have some real emotions like in DMC1
Make Kyrie be one of the Agelos like Credo (Forced to be one)
Have Nero's origin revealed in the final battle with Sanctus
Dual-wield with the Yamato and Red queen with Nero
get rid of the time limit on bloody palace
Kyrie actually crying at the fact that her brother died (She was apparently not told)
Nero not crying so much(Even though he only cried two times)
An extra mission of Dante, Trish, and Lady fighting (Can be won after beating DMD)
Give Dante his own story instead of back-tracking
One of the bosses you fight as Dante be Vergil's ghost
Nero fighting Vergil in his mind for possesion of Yamato
After the final battle with the Savior statue, play as Dante and fight Sparta, then play as Nero and fight Sparta in a test to see who will continue on with the title of a Devil Hunter.(Depending on how much style you add)

That's about it.

Top Bottom