• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how long have you been playing the demo?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
um.. I say I have played at least 30-45 minutes everyday after it came out and like 7 hours on the demo release

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
My savefile for the demo says something like 35+ hours. Although sometimes it's left on in the background while I'm attending to something else, like posting here :p

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
an hour if that... sadly life tells me that I have other things to do and that I can't be gaming all of the time. :(

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I've only played for about 3, 4 hours. Honestly I haven't looked at the time on it :lol: Regardless of how much I play I don't want to overdo it otherwise I'll wind up being like this when I get to those sections in the game:

tumblr_m8pxpdP3sj1r6xmtm.gif

SKIP CUTSCENES! SKIP SIDE MISSIONS! DIE DIE DIE! BEEN THERE DONE THAT! OKAY RUN RUN RUN GOOOO! JUMP THERE! SHOOT THAT! SMASH A WINDOW! ON WITH THE SHOOOW! OKAY POISON, CUT THOSE NAILS! CUT CUT CUT! SLAMMY THE SKULL! RATIOACTIVE PULK NO! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! SWOOOSH! NOW HIT THE FAN HIT THE FAN! PWNED WOO HOOOOOOO...huh...where am I? What's that sound? :blink: oh hey it's Mundus and Lilith-AAAAAAH!!!! MY EYES! WHERE'S THE MUTE BUTTON OH GOD!

^_^ you get my point.

scionicspectre

Just a few hours. It does have a ton of replay value, but I'm trying to wait for the full game. I don't want to play the demo so much that it kills my buzz or gets monotonous.

But sometimes, man, I just get the urge to kick some demo arse, and Bloody Palace in the old DMCs isn't quite doing it for me anymore with the new gameplay available. It's just hard to get quite as into the old games as I used to, although I did come up with some weird challenges for myself (kill Vergil with Gunslinger and the Shotgun alone).

I wonder if there's any weird constraint I can give myself for the demo to make it more frustrating.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Do you know what I would want to see? Dante/Vergil Bloody Palace (Furnace of Souls in DmC) co-op mode. They're both playable, and getting the framerate right isn't a problem because BP isn't a big level, but tweaking the enemy AI would be an issue.

scionicspectre

The elimination of a hard lock-on would make multiplayer much easier to pull off, as the gameplay wouldn't rely on the camera focusing in like in the previous games. It would be quite interesting, although I wouldn't really care for it unless they did it well.

For instance, Doppleganger/Vergil in DMC 3 was a fun little trick, but it got old for the second player pretty quickly.

Paexie

According to my file: 11:45:32
Damn. If it takes me 6-9 min to complete Underwatch... that's around 70+ playthroughs. I've only played secret ingredient five times so... haha. Someone get me the full game asap.

Frazz

General gamer
I play it for about 2 hours on Saturdays and about 3 on Sundays - I am totally addicted!

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
according to my wife, over 60 hours.

I guess I read a typo cause it says on the save file like 4 hours

Top Bottom