• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how good are the vergil fights compared to DmC vergil

MKH Spartan

My personal opinion : Yes, they are. DmC Vergil battle is a complete cakewalk even on DMD (well, the whole game is a cakewalk tbh, but that's not the primary topic here), whereas in DMC3, the first Vergil battle I consider to be easy, but he still hits harder than DmC Vergil. 2nd Vergil battle is my personal favourite, it's a good challenge (way, wayyyy harder than DmC in general) and is really fun to play, while also having a great music track. The third battle is harder than the second (it's actually very hard to beat him on DMD unless you have practiced the battle ALOT) and is very fun as well, I do like the second one a bit more though cause there is a bit less "CRASH! BEGONE! CRASH!" spam which you have to dodge haha, although it's a good challenge for your DMC evasion skills and is still fun.

TLDR: Yes, DMC3 Vergil battles are better than DmC, they are both more challenging and more fun.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Definitely DMC3 are better and more challenging, but that's mostly due to the fact that DmC's Vergil was made for a casual gamer to fight. If DmC was allowed to let vergil use all the moves he uses in VD along with the same speed he displayed in VD as well, not only would he be more challenging, but he'd also be more fun to battle.

Though I do hate DMC3 Vergil for being a lifeless token antagonist, he was a challenge.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Welp Vergil 3 is my favorite boss fight in the series so yeah, I also think the other two fights are really good as well. DmC Vergil wasnt bad but it wasnt nearly as intense as original Vergil.

Top Bottom