• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you solve game buying dilemmas?

Meg

Have any stories about not knowing what game to get? It can be quite the pickle! All these great games lined up in front of you that all came out/come out around the same time. You could get more than one, but you probably shouldn't. What do you do? :eek:

For me, this happens a lot. I don't buy a lot of games at a time and I usually complete (or grow tired of) all the games I have before buying a new one. Actually, more often than not I only ever have one maybe two (or three) games at a time.

A recent predicament is with inFAMOUS 2 and LA Noire. I really wanted to get both. I didn't know what to do! Until I rememberd I had already preordered the Hero Edition of inFAMOUS 2 for $100, so I won't be buying any more games any time soon. ^^'

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, what a convenient place... I was recently in a bit of a trifle with deciding whether or not to get Final Fantasy IV Collection or .hack//GU Vol. 3 Redemption. I finally decided on .hack because I was still pumped up about finishing my website for it, and plus I figured it would give me more bang for my buck even though it's a shorter game.

Blitz

Heeeeey.
I think like that: Tekken , Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom > Other games.

So if a Tekken , Street Fighter, or Marvel vs Capcom game come out, I'd ignore other games(unless it's a PES, Or Fifa), and buy them.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Erm....I use my emergency credit card. It's only for emergencies - well I tell myself that anyway. A game buying dilema is an 'emergency' in my opinion!

aka958

Don't trust people
It's easy, I'll rank up which ones I like the most. Series I like and gameplay, I usually go for what kind of gameplay I long for the most as well. Kinda like how Portal 2 was released recently but I didn't give a damn because I don't want to be solving puzzles in a portal game right now. But I'm damn sure I'll want it badly in a few months or so.

I never really try out any new random games except some when they go low in price, so it's mostly sequels, spin-offs, etc in games that I look up to buy months before. When Starcraft 2 was about to be released I wanted it BADLY, but my friends had nagged about Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and I wanted that too. But seriously... I've longed for Starcraft 2 for years, it wasn't a hard choice, that game was to be mine during the day of friggin' release! DX

Dark Drakan

Admin
I normally see how much free time im going to have and if im going to have enough time to put into a game and if its a game im going to have to sit down and play for ages to get into or complete or a casual game thats easy to pick up and play when i have a couple of hours free. Also if the game has lots of replay value or multiplayer to keep me playing after single player experience is over and if not i might get another game to start playing immediately after finishing it.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Yeah, i bought a game for my birthday ,, but i couldn`t decide on it for a while.
I wanted a game that i can play again and again, that doesn`t get old. So i was caught betwean SC2, CiV, NFS Shift 2 Unleashed and Blazblue. CiV is quite tedious in MP, and gets boring if played constantly. NFS Shift 2 was the last i`d have picked, simply because of the no DLCs for PC, kinda. Blazblue, i`m not that good at fighting games, but it`s alot of fun, so this was my second choice, so i ended up picking Starcraft 2, i knwo that the expansion will be out sometime 2012, but whatever, i have enough time to practice for it.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Normally, IF its on the 'list'. Get it. If its not, but its a really cheap game... get it anyway :p

Top Bottom