• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How did you come up with your username?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
^ a little thread that i thought would be interesting, guess i'll go first! :)

chocolateghost79

kay, so one day my girlfriend drew me a picture, it was of a ghost who was colored brown, so therefore she called him the brown ghost. i made the observation that he was brown like chocolate, and that's when i started calling the character chocolateghost. later on i started drawing a comic about the character, and well yeah chocolateghost was born! :) and the 79 part comes from my two favorite numbers, 7 and 9 :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Oh nice^_^

Quite simply the initial reason was just this ->
1223126377.png

However, after that I started to really adopt that name, and really liked the story behind it. (Being Dante's nickname in the first novel which I really like).

Kammosjuttu

i also really like dante's alias tony redgrave, its very catchy

I like it, too! Though, since I've translated the book partly to my own language, I've been calling him "Toni Punahauta" in the translation, haha. (<--- that's basically the name put in Finnish). Just like I call Rebellion "Kapinoija" and Ebony & Ivory "Eebenpuu & Norsunluu". xD

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I like it, too! Though, since I've translated the book partly to my own language, I've been calling him "Toni Punahauta" in the translation, haha. (<--- that's basically the name put in Finnish). Just like I call Rebellion "Kapinoija" and Ebony & Ivory "Eebenpuu & Norsunluu". xD
dang! that's a mouthful lol

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
When i first saw Kammosjuttu's name i thought about Tekken (IMO it's the sort of name that would belong to a Tekken figther).

Vergil'sBitch.... well, I can wish, can't i? :p (although i would prefer to be his nagging wife ;) ) I came up with it whilst i was on another site... although i do prefer to be called VeeBee

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hey, that's awesome, I did that with my own language sometimes, but it sounds kinda funny. Redgrave translates to Κοκκινόταφος & Ebony&Ivory to Έβενος&Φίλντισι. ^^;

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
When i first saw Kammosjuttu's name i thought about Tekken (IMO it's the sort of name that would belong to a Tekken figther).

Vergil'sBitch.... well, I can wish, can't i? :p (although i would prefer to be his nagging wife ;) ) I came up with it whilst i was on another site... although i do prefer to be called VeeBee
i agree i thought kammo's name was more of a japanese style name, but i was wrong :p

Kammosjuttu

Wah, Tekken? xD (By the way, my favorite character from Tekken is Hwoarang --- everyone says he's got difficult name but I don't think so.) Now I just wonder what Tekken like there is in Kammosjuttu... haha. xD

Here's explanation I gave someone earlier about my name (and it's not pronounced like Japanese since it is not a Japanese name):

In Finnish one is able to build up words that doesn't mean anything but are understandable, and Kammosjuttu is a case of this.
"Kammo" means something like "fear" or "dread". In compound words it means "phobia".
"Juttu" means something like "a thing", "a matter", "a topic" etc.
With the letter "S" (this does not indicate genitive like in many languages) the two words get tied together and make the word "kammo" to take the role of an adjective.
All this taken into account, the make-do word "Kammosjuttu" can be translated into "a horrible thing". Even if the Finnish word doesn't spell the meaning out that aggressively, I'd even say it's elegant sounding in Finnish. ;)

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Well i was orgianl DarkKnight1000 cause Sparda and Batman both rock but then i made a yutube account titled ReaperHunter so i wanted to change and keep the knight part

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Well....Devil May Cry and Green Day are my two faverite things so.....yea thats my interesting story :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Wah, Tekken? xD (By the way, my favorite character from Tekken is Hwoarang --- everyone says he's got difficult name but I don't think so.) Now I just wonder what Tekken like there is in Kammosjuttu... haha. xD

Here's explanation I gave someone earlier about my name (and it's not pronounced like Japanese since it is not a Japanese name):

In Finnish one is able to build up words that doesn't mean anything but are understandable, and Kammosjuttu is a case of this.
"Kammo" means something like "fear" or "dread". In compound words it means "phobia".
"Juttu" means something like "a thing", "a matter", "a topic" etc.
With the letter "S" (this does not indicate genitive like in many languages) the two words get tied together and make the word "kammo" to take the role of an adjective.
All this taken into account, the make-do word "Kammosjuttu" can be translated into "a horrible thing". Even if the Finnish word doesn't spell the meaning out that aggressively, I'd even say it's elegant sounding in Finnish. ;)

Thanks for explaining that. I suppose when you first read it, it sound Japanese.
*Cough* do you know how Hwoarang is pronounced (i thought it was 'whore'-ang, but i know i'm wrong)

Kammosjuttu

Thanks for explaining that. I suppose when you first read it, it sound Japanese.
*Cough* do you know how Hwoarang is pronounced (i thought it was 'whore'-ang, but i know i'm wrong)

Well, yeah, I suppose; on most parts Finnish and Japanese are pronounced the same way.

Yup, I know how Hwoarang is pronounced, but I don't know how to "write pronouncings" in any other language than Finnish. And about the whore-thing; my sibling keeps calling Hwoarang "Huora" (Finnish word for "a whore") because the pronouncing sounds a lot same. Though! I like to pronounce his name wrong on purpose; when I pronounce it in Finnish, saying every letter with strong Finnish sound, I actually make the name so difficult sounding that people roll their eyes at that. xD

Edit: Well, I thought to gave a try at explaining Hwoarang's name after all. xD
It's a Korean name, and the transliteration is incorrect, and that mistake leads to people pronounce the name wrong usually. When transliterated straight, you get "hoarang", but the true transcription and pronouncing is "hwarang". So, the name is pronounced without the "O" letter, and it milds down some sounds while the "R" gets rolled more. Does that help any...?

Top Bottom