• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How come people didn't like the demon/angel only enemies?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
when you only have access to certain moves agaimst.em you can't really mix it up properly and that is dull and tedious.

Why give.you an arsenal of weapons and moves , and then make it so ypu can only use two of them.

ji-high

Because, for me at least, Angelic/Demonic weapons don't have enough moves to force the players to use only them.

The red ones aren't too bad thanks to the demonic weapons damage output and Demon Dodge. The blue ones on the other hand.....seriously nobody at NT realized they had to lower those guys health? If you don't DT(which i'm not a big fan of) you have to hit them for about a week...with all your 4 moves XD.

Then there's the fact that they are merely a reskin of existing enemies. Personally i would've let them slide if they were completely new enemies with a cool design. The Knights suck. I don't know why western developers like skeletons so much. Such a lame enemy.

I'm not totally against the idea, it was just really poorly executed.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Because it's annoying lol

No seriously. The demon weapon only enemies were okay, but those blue enemies are a b**ch to kill

berto

I Saw the Devil
I thought it was interesting so that I couldn't just spam the same weapon throughout the game.
And it might've been great if the angelic weapons didn't have the damage output of a wet napkin. With that one type of enemy take a fraction of the time to deal with than the other making them more of a chore than anything.

It's also placed in a game where variety should be encouraged across all weapons and this is just tedium.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''Because, for me at least, Angelic/Demonic weapons don't have enough moves to force the players to use only them.''

^Basically this. It limited your combo potential way too much, and it was annoying being in a group fight, only to have Dante suddenly attack the angel enemy and making all attacks bounce off. It was really annoying needing to switch between weapons like that, and suddenly only being able to use a few combos. I think the idea was that it would require skill to beat them, but it really didn't turn out that way.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Its annoying. The only time I actually had fun fighting them was the times when it was angelic and demonic enemies at the same time and you really had to be careful how you fight them. For me it was hard to switch between weapons when different enemies kept coming at me.

Railazel

I'm assuming I'm the only one who thought weapon- specific enemies weren't annoying?

They aren't restrictive at all besides their weapon affinities. If you have all the move upgrades for each then you should have enough versatility that being restricted to certain weapons shouldn't be much of a problem.

Between Eryx and Arbiter, you still have 70 combos to work with. And with Aquila and Osiris, you have a whopping 127 combos! So you have plenty to work with on each weapon set.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
It's annoying at first, since you're just starting to get the hang of switching weapons. Later on, when you have all the weapons and you've upgraded them it becomes fun. However, the enemies I personally will always despise are the shield demons. (Specially the blue ones) *sweat drop* I was perfectly fine with not having them in Vergil's Downfall.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
I won't complain if you can tell me a way to defeat the angel enemies with only aquila and osiris, within an acceptable time, without spamming the same attacks.
Is not hard at all really. It's actually just a matter of mixing up both weapons strenghts and making use of Osiris "feed" to deal damage. Also keeping them in the air. For rages for example you need to master the "payoff".

Its annoying. The only time I actually had fun fighting them was the times when it was angelic and demonic enemies at the same time and you really had to be careful how you fight them. For me it was hard to switch between weapons when different enemies kept coming at me.

If you think it was hard to keep switching between angelic weapons mid-combat, I have no idea how you dealt with styles in DMC4.

''Because, for me at least, Angelic/Demonic weapons don't have enough moves to force the players to use only them.''

^Basically this. It limited your combo potential way too much, and it was annoying being in a group fight, only to have Dante suddenly attack the angel enemy and making all attacks bounce off. It was really annoying needing to switch between weapons like that, and suddenly only being able to use a few combos. I think the idea was that it would require skill to beat them, but it really didn't turn out that way.

It wasn't that much of a chore, dealing with Blitz was much worse for example, because unless you were a royal guard master, breaking his shield was really slow. At least with blue/red enemies you get to attack right away.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
not only is it more difficult (tasking) to defeat enemies that are monovarious to attacks but it also limits your combat ability, constantly dividing your attention which in theory sounds fun, but in execution can bring your ranking from an SSS to an A. especially when you're being bombarded by multiple powerhouse enemies like big baby and saw-steamfuck

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
not only is it more difficult (tasking) to defeat enemies that are monovarious to attacks but it also limits your combat ability, constantly dividing your attention which in theory sounds fun, but in execution can bring your ranking from an SSS to an A. especially when you're being bombarded by multiple powerhouse enemies like big baby and saw-steamfuck

"Big Baby and Saw-Steamfuck."

I am never referring to them as Tyrants or Butchers ever again, THIS is too perfect.

Top Bottom