• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

High Roller and Shuffle problem

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
How can I use these two abilities, cuz I can never do them ...
Its not hard to do, but I can't do it. Only on luck (or when I have no idea wtf am I doing :lol:)
If anyone can give me a tip on how to do high roller and shuffle, please respond!

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
For Shuffle you need to lock on to an enemy, then press back ... forward ... sword attack.

For High Roller, lock on to an enemy then press back ... sword attack. (hold sword attack to move in the air with enemy)

These attacks can't be done unless you are locked on to a targeted enemy, I would assume this is the problem. You may just be just attacking and not locking on/targeting an enemy.

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
Yes I think that that's the problem.
Usually, first I test my new abilities at the start of M8, but it looks like its the same as showdown ... you need to lock on.
Thanks Venged :)

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
No problem.

If you go into your skill list it will show you how they are done, if the attack requires you to move in a certain direction you have to lock on for it to work.

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
First of all I mixed up the names of the abilities .. i didn't wannted High Roller, but Calibur.
I still can't do them, its hard. I'm always doing streak or high roller.
Maybe I have to practise till I get it right.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Try and press back forward really fast, it won't work if you do it slow.

I don't remember all the names of every attack but I am pretty sure Caliber is just the same as shuffle but in the air...

When you go into your skill list it should tell you exactly how to do it.

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
Yes, I finally did it and started to spam it like a little happy child (joke) :D
And yeah, I had to do it really fast in order to make it ..

+1 rep venged

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Thanks, and when you get the feel of most of the moves it gets easier to string them together. Good luck with the rest of the game.

Top Bottom