• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hi! New hobby game dev comming in :)

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev
Hi!

I'm a hobby game dev, that knows C++ and DirectX 9.

I love DMC3 and DMC4. Especially the demons in DMC3, as they are so much fun to fight.

I also like Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I love hack-n'-slash games and my wish is to learn 3D game dev so I can make fan games that people will enjoy.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hi. Welcome to the forum :)
DMC3 is fun (that's pretty much why I go back to it).
I'd love to be able to develop games... I've always wanted to make one, but I just don't know where to start and I'm not good at understanding programming/script.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Welcome to the forum!
Man I'd love to learn C++ and stuff, but I guess I'd be to lazy to actually get anything working...
I guess I'll stay in the concept department XD

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev
Hi. Welcome to the forum :)
DMC3 is fun (that's pretty much why I go back to it).
I'd love to be able to develop games... I've always wanted to make one, but I just don't know where to start and I'm not good at understanding programming/script.
I don't know how serious you are about making a game, but if you feel like learning C# you can try Unity Engine

It does not require so much code to make a "simple" game

But if you don't like to write code you will probably need some friend(s) to help you out.

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev
Welcome to the forum!
Man I'd love to learn C++ and stuff, but I guess I'd be to lazy to actually get anything working...
I guess I'll stay in the concept department XD
Yeah, making a game requires some effort. But making a prototype is not impossible.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Yeah, making a game requires some effort. But making a prototype is not impossible.

That's true, but well I'm studying in the design field right now, and learning video cutting and 3D stuff on the sidelines...
My biggest problem with programming would be to find out where to start I guess.

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev
That's true, but well I'm studying in the design field right now, and learning video cutting and 3D stuff on the sidelines...
My biggest problem with programming would be to find out where to start I guess.
If you want to start programming, I'd suggest getting or borrowing a book on your prefered programming-language so you get the basics.

Then find a game engine you can use. Unity uses C# and might help you get something basic working, if you find a good tutorial. Just google for "unity c# tutorial" and you might find some info. Hope this helps :smile:

Michael_3dx

Hobby game dev
Unity is mainly for making 3D games, so it might be a bit advanced.

If you google for "C# game examples m2h" you will find an easy tutorial.
(I can't post links yet because i dont have 10 posts yet)

I hope this helps.

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
Welcome to the Forums!

Here's your dancing batman.

09249735_dance_gif.gif

Top Bottom