• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help With Blitz - You need not be afraid anymore!

Omega-Time2Die

Lets Dine in Hell...
This was Posted in Bloody palace but i think it would do better in it's own thread for more new forum members who specifically need this help...

Blitz aint so hard...:lol: :cool:

Strategies with Nero :
Level 3 Charge Shot, after he has lost his charge, DT buster grab over and over again, may turn red first time depending on your timing, if not repeat this tactic. Easy to do, and a fast and effective method for taking care of this pesky Blitz.

Strategies for Dante :
1. Shotgun until he loses charge, then DT stinger until he turns red, carry on blasting him with shotgun shells til he dies.
2. Hard to pull off, but I've found it can be effective, Equip Gunslinger and Bring out Pandora's Box. When the blitz initiates a Lightning attack, and leaves himself open..Roll/Dash/Run to the Side...(Forward + O) On PS3 - Not sure about Xbox - and unleash the briefcase attack. This should take off/almost take off his full shield right away. Timing needs to be very good however as if your not fast enough you may receive a blitz right hook in the teeth. So Mission 15 on Devil hunter mode, is recommended for practicing this for Bloody palace. *As you fight a Blitz at the beginning of this level*.
3. The 3rd and in my opinion the best method for taking down Blitz. Royal Guard style + Gilgamesh devil arm. When Blitz first appears he stays there for around 5-6 seconds - some people just unload with bullets but this is the best method. Run up to Blitz and attack with Gilgamesh (Triangle/Y) then immediately straight after press O on ps3/ think it's X on Xbox - to absorb the damage that lightning gives you. But it must be done so fast so that you do not get damaged. An example on PS3 would be Triangle/O/Triangle/O/Triangle/O...and so and so forth...the timing is tricky at first but once you know how to do this method properly Blitz can be vanquished in under 30-40 seconds. After you have removed his shield...change to Swordmaster, and I think it's Forward + O on PS3 to initiate the Triple Uppercut on Blitz, But as the first uppercut hits, turn DT on for maximum damage. As You come to the ground turn DT off...Wait for Blitz to get back up and repeat.

*Alternatively if your not comfortable or proficient with Gilgamesh - DT stinger works well also...Just Spam it til he turns red, although this may not dispose of Blitz as quick as Gilgamesh does, you may have to drop his shield once more, and getting him standing still to do Royal Guard technique is a pain, so shotgun may be a better more effective method if this you find yourself in this scenario*

The 3rd method mentioned above (With The Gilgamesh Uppercut) - when done correctly shouldn't even give Blitz a chance to attack you. Which should help all of you in Bloody palace - as I'm sure Blitz is the main pain in the *** for you all
Remember and practice either of these methods in mission 15 - Mission 15 is our Friend - in which ever difficulty you like, so you can get it down then go and Pwn some Blitz in Bloody Palace :)

*I am also aware that the method described can be seen in a video in the forum - but just breaking it down for everyone as I'm sure most people will find it hard to see what to do from just a fan made non-tutorial video *

Hope some of that helps some of you :D ;)

Richai

Started finding blitz's alot easier since i discovered you can jump / evade whilst chargings your shots :|

aka958

Don't trust people
WOW THAT WAS MUCH INFO i will try it out as soon im used with the Xbox 360 controls ^^

FuumaMonou

I've seen this around also. If you have enough time (usually only in a level where the Blitz does the long animation when first appearing), if you charge up Drive to it's final level and hit the Blitz with all three (that's the overdrives), it will break his electric shield.

Omega-Time2Die

Lets Dine in Hell...
Do you mean Nero's L.3 Drive? You still get electrocuted - and if so...the first time you see the long animation you are Dante, not Nero as it's mission 15...But if you mean a Dante move, then I'll give it a shot...But sure you're talking about Reving the Red Queen.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Omega-Time2Die;70065 said:
Do you mean Nero's L.3 Drive? You still get electrocuted - and if so...the first time you see the long animation you are Dante, not Nero as it's mission 15...But if you mean a Dante move, then I'll give it a shot...But sure you're talking about Reving the Red Queen.

No he means Dante's move "Drive". When Dante's Rebellion gets red and releases some powerful shock-waves. But I think it's a move only possible with Swordsmaster.;)

FuumaMonou

Tony_Redgrave;70138 said:
No he means Dante's move "Drive". When Dante's Rebellion gets red and releases some powerful shock-waves. But I think it's a move only possible with Swordsmaster.;)

Correct, it is in Swordsmaster, and it is back and the stype button (I think you have to be locked on).

When I mean level three, I mean it has no charge, a charge, and then there is another charge after that. If you get to that final charge (which I called level 3) and release it, while doing the Over Drive (which you basically mash the style button instead of trying to time it, because it works), if you hit with all three, his shield is just plain gone.

I've only tried it when there is the long animation for when he comes out (like in Bloody Palace level 18), but I imagine if you find after he does a move he does some long pausing animation (because he does at times), you have a chance to.

Even if you don't, I imagine if you have time to pull of a lower level Drive and Over Drive, it does way more damage to his shield than the Coyote-A, and will be well worth it.

Top Bottom