• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help needed!!

e-no91

L'Arc~en~Ciel's fan
Help me!!!!
I'm new here and I really need ur help!
I started playing dmc4-pc ver a few weeks ago,but it somehow crashed in mission 7...a fatal error messege appear:-
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL:
Irender->getdevice()->CreateTexture(mSurfaceSize.w,mSurfaceSize.h,level,usage,(XFFORMAT)fmt,pool,&ptex,NULL)
I've read a blog saying that i need to fix the resolutn to 800x600-but it still didn't work..
What should I do??

Owh..and how do u solve the secret mission(don't remember which,haven't played for a very long time,thanx to that error...)where you need to inc style w/o attackg???

THANKYOU~

Koemi

half-breed
I don't know about the first part, but that secret mission...

Dante: use Royal Guard and taunt
Nero: table hopper + use buster to hold scarecrow but not smashing them + taunt.

Either way you just have to get your style gauge to "C". If you still have trouble, just look it up in youtube - youtube's like a video wiki. you can learn everything from it =]

Good luck with the technical part (mind if you can post your PC's stats here so others can help too?)

e-no91

L'Arc~en~Ciel's fan
...PC status...
Windows Vista,Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330@1.60GHz
RAM:1014MB
Hard drive:57GB

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Crikey. I'm not the most tech-minded person on the boards but the only real solution that comes to mind is to update your graphics card drivers to the latest available version. It's worked an absolute treat for me in the past. Hope this helps! Probably didn't... but that's all I got. ^_^

Koemi

half-breed
e-no91;117027 said:
...PC status...
Windows Vista,Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330@1.60GHz
RAM:1014MB
Hard drive:57GB

I agree with devilmaycry, graphic card seems to be a major PC issues around here - had seen quite a few people with similar issues; and even though you've met the "recommended" requirement, it seems the RAM usage would be rather tight with Vista and DMC4 running...

I own a copy of PC DMC4 as well, and my stats are (most things I can remember out of my head):

Intel duo core 2.4GHz
4GB DDR2 SDRAM
320 GB harddisk
256MB ATI Radeon HD2600

Gmaster

itz wierd why my PC cant play devil may cry 4....

the specs of my PC is
Intel Pentium D 2.66ghz
1g ddr2 of ram
512mb ati radeon x550 pci xpres
120g of hard disk

do you think itz enof to run the game????

Gmaster

itz wierd why my PC cant play devil may cry 4....

the specs of my PC is
Intel Pentium D 2.66ghz
1g ddr2 of ram
512mb ati radeon x550 pci xpres
120g of hard disk

do you think itz enof to run the game???? a

StrifeRazoR

ATI Xpress cards are on-board cards. Assuming you're on a laptop? Anything on-board is worthless for most gaming (No offense bro). My recommendation for this game is to have at LEAST 2 Gigs of RAM, a GeForce 7900 series or greater, and at least a Dual Core CPU. Trying to play with anything less will just result in the game looking like Pong, or like you're playing it in Powerpoint. *Stats below*

Sparda™

Here are my stats for the millionth time! :p

4 GB DDR3 Kingston RAM
1 TB HDD
1.7 GB NvIDIA GeForce 8600 GT SLi
Intel Quad 2 Core Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
GIGABYTE Motherboard SLi Embedded
Dual OS Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

Kiluwastrife

hmmm maybe it's the card driver... but Most of the game that runs on Vista usually have enough problems to begins with...
my spec:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600(2.4 GB)
RAM 2GB ==> already killed at least 750MB-1GB because of the Vista...TT
HDD 320 GB
GeForce 8600 GT SLi
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1

StrifeRazoR

1. Add DMC4 to your DEP list. If you need instructions, let me know.
2. Disable User Account Security.
3. Look up a services guide for Vista Ultimate and start disabling the ones that hog your system up.

Don't use Aero. Try it in DX9 mode. Run it in compatibility with XP SP2. Try all those. And if all else fails, visit guru3d.com and try some modded Vista drivers for your 8600. I run dual 8600's with 90-100 FPS constant on max settings. And SLi with two of these cards is only a 20-30% increase in performance over using a single one. You have more than enough to play the game. Check your chipset drivers for your motherboard. Do all the usual things. Hope you get it to work!

Top Bottom