• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help me not sucking at Bayonetta

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Hi there. I just starting playing Bayonetta recently (have had it for a couple of months already, but I wanted to finish Akham City first) and, putting it shortly, I'm finding it one exciting hell of a game. There is only one problem: I feel like I'm terrible at it.

I feel like I grasp the basics of the gameplay. Combat wise, at least. But the game just puts you into so many different kind of situations it feels hard to addapt and ends up effing me up. I ended up with a stone award (which I'll guess safely it's the worst you can get) in my last three missions (last one I finished was mission 4). And even with that said, I feel like I'm just not too good at getting the combat. By the way, I'm playing on normal, so that might give you an idea of how not good I'm being at this game.

Anyway, what I'd like to ask for is simply any kind of advice about any basics I may not be covering that I need to dominate, any simple tips that might make combat less hard to get around or just any forewarning if things are just about to get way, way worse in future missions. I'm not really looking for any sort of advanced techniques or anything that relates to expert gameplay or anything like that, though if anyone thinks I mandatorely need to learn it in order to get through the game, then I'd still appreciate it.

If you just don't know what to say you can ask me about how I've been playing, if it assists.

On a specific note, though, should I keep expecting more of those "frame-precise" quick time events? Because so far, those have been my absolute worse nightmares and the ones that have been killing me most,

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I haven't played it in a while but the best advice is to learn the basic combos that involve wicked weaves and to get the timing down on your Witch Time dodges and don't be afraid to dodge in the middle of a combo, dodge offset will allow you to continue your combo after you've dodged.

In fact the best way to go about it, is to combine those two bits of advice: Start a wicked weave combo, dodge, finish the combo. If you're using Shuraba then the Wicked Blade combos the weapon does instead are INCREDIBLY damaging, very ideal for those tougher angels and the bosses.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I also highly advise replaying previous levels, weapons and items later on become VERY expensive and if you want to get them you'll have to farm certain bosses in certain ways.

Better to practice your skills now on the early stages, rack up some halos along the way.

Top Bottom