• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

HD DMC2

berto

I Saw the Devil
Since no one seems interested in playing this in HD I think I will give it a go.

First impressions (first two levels on Dante disc):

Now, it is very impressive to see how much this game's visuals improve on HD! What once was an ugly bunch of brown polygons turns into detailed ruble.

There is, however, one major, inexcusable flaw to this. The black bar on the cinematic cutscenes doesn't cover the lower part of the screen all the way down so you are left with a very thin but noticible line of color at the bottom of the screen.

Just like the other two games, this plays just like it's PS2 counterpart only faaarrrrr more detailed, and it's pretier than ever.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I played dmc2, then dmc3, then dmc1
and dmc2 looks the best overall. Dmc1 looks really good too because it has tons of detail that are very visible in hd. DMC3 looks just like dmc3......

Zilla

The inFAAMous
While it is the weakest by default, it is the most visually stunning in the HD department. Every visual is so crisp.

Dante47

Still going through the game, and damn its fun the second time around. I haven't played it in so long, and I just realized it has some of my favorite boss battles of the DMC franchise.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

i honestly played DMC2 like 3 missions and when't straight to 3.....the HD in 2 is pretty impressive but it still doesnt change the gameplay!!! and the fact that its so easy you can finish the game with just your guns >_<....and when he walks its like hes wearing high heels it's very annoying :mad:......:)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
i honestly played DMC2 like 3 missions and when't straight to 3.....the HD in 2 is pretty impressive but it still doesnt change the gameplay!!! and the fact that its so easy you can finish the game with just your guns >_<....and when he walks its like hes wearing high heels it's very annoying :mad:......:)

You really hate it that much? You should keep playing, the first three missions are boring... The game gets better, trust me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC2 does look better than the rest. I actually forgot how fun it was. Defiantly an underrated game.
EXACTLY! DMC2 was actually pretty good. Yeah the diolauge was awful and the story was not that good, but it was still fun. Especially when played on DMD mode. And if it wasn't for DMC2, DMC3 probably wouldn't be as good as it is now.

Dante47

The bosses are also very well designed. You couldn't just go in slashing at the boss. It was very strategic, like other DMC games.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I haven't played it yet apart from the first mission, but I agree that it looks like the HD treatment paid off visually the best for this game out of all of them.

Top Bottom