• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Vergil been confirmed to be in the game?

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X
If it is indeed Vergil speaking at the start of the trailer then he's most likely the leader of an anti-demon resistance group thingy. Dante and Kat probably don't actual meet him face to face until later in the game.

As for Magical Spraypaint, maybe Kat uses it to create portals back to the Human world. In the trailer there's a blue symbol thingy on the giant stained glass window in the church. When Dante is in Limbo he jumps through the marked window and voila he's back in the Human World when the window shatters.

Well, that's the best i could come up with. Up until then i was wondering how Dante got back to the Human World.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If it is indeed Vergil speaking at the start of the trailer then he's most likely the leader of an anti-demon resistance group thingy. Dante and Kat probably don't actual meet him face to face until later in the game.

As for Magical Spraypaint, maybe Kat uses it to create portals back to the Human world. In the trailer there's a blue symbol thingy on the giant stained glass window in the church. When Dante is in Limbo he jumps through the marked window and voila he's back in the Human World when the window shatters.

Well, that's the best i could come up with. Up until then i was wondering how Dante got back to the Human World.
that's a really good theory about the portal idea lulu_way! :) that sounds very logical, and pretty cool if you ask me. :)

Jane Sweetbee

Yes. I guess Mundus is looking for Vergil for some purposes. Maybe at the end of the game Limbo retreated back to the underworld and Vergil was also took and brainwashed by Mundus. That's how he becomes evil in DMC3.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If so, where?
I have read some recent posts that made me wonder if Vergil is really confirmed or not, because the way they address it, it sounds like he is. I would just like to know if he is or not and if he is then where does it say so? I hope someone can enlighten me, thanks. ^^
So far Vergil has not been confirmed. Other than fan rumors we don't know.

ZeroLove

Magic is usually depicted as something you pull from another source while demonic powers, though they can be magic, are more like special abilities that have grown within the demon. A demon's power is natural to it where as magic is more something you learn to harness and wield. Hope that makes sense. ^^

berto

I Saw the Devil
If you ask a theologist or a pretist or a monk or anyone who studies methaphisics or theology they would provably tell you that devine forces and demonic powers are not magic thought magic utilizes forces that are of each.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
If you ask a theologist or a pretist or a monk or anyone who studies methaphisics or theology would provably tell you that devine forces and demonic powers are not magic thought magic utilizes forces that are of each.
I've got enough knowledge in me to be considered a Christian Theologian and without getting overly technical I can same that magic and deity/creatures/ect powers are the same.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh? could you elaborate?
Ugh!! Now I gotta use my head! Lol
OK! Well when we think of magic we think Harry Potter type stuff. Flying brooms, creating fire,water, ice, etc to appear out of no where and the like right?
God/gods/demons/etc powers use stuff like curses, causing things to appear/disappear out of thin air and the like.
The same way a demon can create instant fire is the say way a magician can create instant fire. Both use a source to create their powers. That source can be nature, ones inner Chi/Ki, etc.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Right... Actually demons and gods don't use chi/ki to make things happen, they use their will. A demon that makes things move doesn't ese telekenisis to move things it uses it's will to make it happen.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Right... Actually demons and gods don't use chi/ki to make things happen, they use their will. A demon that makes things move doesn't ese telekenisis to move things it uses it's will to make it happen.
Chi/Ki is ones will/spirit/ect made manifest.
TOPIC: Nothing from NT about Vergil appearing in this game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What? No it isn't. The Ki is the life force, the spirit. The will is something else altogether. Life force and will are not one and the same.

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X
that's a really good theory about the portal idea lulu_way! :) that sounds very logical, and pretty cool if you ask me. :)

Thanks, I got the idea when i was playing Bayonetta, the way she makes those little purple portal thingies to jump back and forth between worlds to kill angels.

By the way, am i the only one who thinks the concept of Limbo is kinda similar to the Otherworld in the Silent Hill games?

Top Bottom