• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hardest Moment in DmC?

Do you think DmC is hard?

• Total voters

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Hello, guys, Vezild back from a long, quiet slumber. Yes, I got DmC day one, and I beat the hell out of it and LOVED it. It was everything I wanted and more.

Anyway, the game, even on Nephilim, was challenging, but not too hard. Still, there were some difficulty spikes that just made me go WTF? For example, Mundus's Spawn and The Order mission (the one where you're racing the S.W.A.T. team into the HQ) were definitely random, jagged hurdles for me.

So I wanna know: what part(s) for DmC was (were) unbelievably challenging for you?

Adaren

I didn't think the game was too hard on Nephilim, but there were a few difficult points for me. Off the top of my head:

- The two Tyrants you fight in the last room of the Virility factory.
- The first Butcher you fight. It became much easier once I realized you could cheesily parry his ranged attacks with Prop.
- Not knowing what to do against Bob Barbas, so I spent two lives hopelessly swinging at his head (it gives you style, so I thought I was doing damage...)
- Rages. Mainly Ghost Rages. I don't even know why.
- I couldn't clear the "Enemies take damage in the Zones" secret mission when I first ran into it. I just didn't have the damage. It wasn't too hard after I finished the game, but it wasn't trivial either.

Finishing up SoS now. Only difficult part that's really stuck out at me was the multiple waves of Rage at the end of Chapter 13...gah...I don't even know why they're so hard...

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I didn't think the game was too hard on Nephilim, but there were a few difficult points for me. Off the top of my head:

- The two Tyrants you fight in the last room of the Virility factory.
- The first Butcher you fight. It became much easier once I realized you could cheesily parry his ranged attacks with Prop.
- Not knowing what to do against Bob Barbas, so I spent two lives hopelessly swinging at his head (it gives you style, so I thought I was doing damage...)
- Rages. Mainly Ghost Rages. I don't even know why.
- I couldn't clear the "Enemies take damage in the Zones" secret mission when I first ran into it. I just didn't have the damage. It wasn't too hard after I finished the game, but it wasn't trivial either.

Finishing up SoS now. Only difficult part that's really stuck out at me was the multiple waves of Rage at the end of Chapter 13...gah...I don't even know why they're so hard...
The Rages are crazy. I mean, at first, they're a cakewalk, and then BOOM, out of nowhere they combo you. And then there's the actual rage mode...
I actually think SoS is triple as hard as Nephilim. I don't know why...I died maybe 3 times on Mission 1, and 4 times on Mission 2. And I actually know what I'm doing xD I can chain combos and even do some of the more advanced moves like jump canceling and parrying, and I still get my butt kicked...

EvilX-81

Anytime dreamrunners show up accompanied with other enemies. Witches sometimes get on my nerves too. Their red swords have killer tracking, and their attack method is like they're vying for my attention. I ignore them, they shield a random enemiy. I attack them, they teleport every damn where and regen their shield crazy fast.

DarkSlayer54

Mundus's Spawn was the hardest thing I fought in DmC.

I only beat it on Nephilm, and I'll begin SoS now... but all the enemies were easy. Most of the witches I just smashed into environmental hazards, and the dreamrunners I just demon dodged them and spashed them into the ground with the fists.

WorkenOnMaLeft

i would say the game is exactly as difficult as it should be. i died in almost every mission on DMD (usually more than once like two to three) but i was still actually having fun and didnt wana scratch my eyes out, im talking to you exploding shuriken ninja from ninja gaiden 2...

Luxuro

I found the Dreamrunners to be very annoying since I couldnt find a quick way to dispatch them and I took forever on the part where you get attack by the three pairings near the end on the way to Mundus's lair

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
DMD is giving some struggle, and there is no way I am even going to attempt Hell and hell mode. Heaven and hell was fine, but no way for Hell and Hell.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I started out on Nephilim difficulty myself, and it was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. It's not as difficult as the other games, but damn, I think we seriously underestimated the difficulty for this game.

chillycheif

let's dance
damn nightclub on anything above nephilim and mission 12 on SoS was hard but for some reason it was easier for me on DMD

Top Bottom