• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

GTA 6 (Concept)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
GTA 6 set in modern day Vice City.

Two Protagonists. 1 Male and 1 Female.

The Male Protagonist (Currently unnamed) will be a somewhat small time thug that needs to make money for some particular reason (Perhaps a family related reason - Medical expenses, debts to be paid, that kind of thing) Well, he needs to make money as is the aim of most GTA games. So typically he will pull off heists etc. Fortunately for him the second protagonist is a police officer.

The Female Protagonist (Currently unnamed) is a police officer that's also friends with the male protagonist. She feels somewhat obliged to help him in his aim to raise funds, even if it involves breaking the law and all she has agreed to stand against. She can help get wanted levels off your back, put police off your scent and have them chase other criminals around the City instead of you. At the same time she will struggle to uphold her badge and not get caught in the criminal act, although she tends not to get too involved with the criminal side of things herself. She is a VERY powerful ally and you will depend on her through much of the game.

Two Main Islands make up the City. These are New Havannah and Little Haiti. Three other smaller Islands located in various directions. One located North. One located South. One located West. To the bottom left hand corner or South West of the map you have Mexico City. To the top right hand corner or North East of the map you have small Islands called Paradise Isles that are similar to the Bahamas. To the bottom right hand corner or South East of the map you have Las Peluzo and Bonisqua. A larger Island based off of Cuba and Brazil. The Ocean to the left side reads Pacific Ocean. The Ocean to the right reads Atlantic Ocean.

These Oceans are fully explorable. Although some areas will be riddled with sharks. Some types are not aggressive. And other sea creatures like jellyfish, electric eels and squid.

For the most part of Vice City it will focus on the City itself with its beautiful beaches. However other areas will open up different terrain and also offer the player different activities. For instance with Mexico City the land is made up of desert and mountains. Whereas with Las Peluzo the area is made up of tropical rainforests. Depending on which area you are residing in the game will offer a sense of survival. In the City you are safe for food having tons of fast food restaurants to pick from. However in the heart of all the trees, bushes and rocks you won't have that same level of freedom. If a wild tiger is ready to strike and you shoot first you will have your meal.

Aside from different land types and weather conditions the game itself will offer tons to do. Subsequently split into categories to make things easier for the player. These could range from Fashion & Health to Night Life & Night Crime.

THINGS TO DO (WILL BE EDITED)

SPORTS (NORMAL AND EXTREME), WATER SPORTS & MOTORSPORTS.

Baseball
Tennis
Golf
Hockey
Basketball
Volleyball
Parkour/Free-running
Boxing
Wrestling
Surfing
Kayaking
Swimming
Skiing
Snowboarding
Rock Climbing
Triathlons
Street Racing
Drag Races
Motorbike Races
Destruction Derbys

EATING & DRINKING

Burger Shot / Burgers and fries.
Cluckin' Bell / Chicken and fries.
Well Stacked Pizza / Pizza and fries.
Sushi 7 / Sushi and seafood.
Taco Bomb / Tacos and burritos.
American Crust / Pizza and fries.
Big Wendy's / Ideal for coffee and pancakes.
Joyful Joe's / Family friendly restaurant.
Screamshake / Ice cream and milkshakes.
Krusty Brown's / Donuts.
Romano's / Spanish restaurant.
Portelini's / Italian restaurant.

FIGHTING & SHOOTING

Kung Fo / Martial Arts School.
Below The Belt / Kickboxing.
Fist Punch / Boxing.
Grapplers / Wrestling.
Ammunation / Guns and body armour.
Phil's Supplies / Phil Cassidy's weapon supplies.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The whole idea that Rockstar has never given us a fully laid out and interestingly developed female protagonist, I feel her role as a cop will be very beneficial. I didn't find the need to make them both crooks, so how about make her a police officer? The male protagonist should remain a crook, because that's become second nature in GTA games. Don't get me wrong, she is corrupt. Although she does feel guilt and remorse for most of her actions. Perhaps these two characters use to love one another? Perhaps maybe they are brother and sister, I haven't reached that conclusion just yet.

The idea for the said female protagonist is to have her utilise her power of the badge to help get cops off your track. She can influentially draw police attention away from you. She will have a cop meter and a crook meter. Being arrested too many times for her whilst performing missions or tasks will result in her being suspended.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've also been toying around with the idea of having the player fill up their gas tank when the gas in their car gets too low. They would need to go and fill up at a gas station. If they didn't want to do that then they could just steal another one. This would remain true to the series.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I may be taking some things in new directions but that doesn't mean I will make the game feel any less like a GTA one. For instance I was thinking of removing the stars that indicate wanted levels and replacing them with silver police badges instead with a times sign in the middle of them and a number to represent how high your current wanted level was. A X1 wanted level being the lowest and a X6 wanted level being the highest. The badge will be filled up with the colour red when you obtain a X1 wanted level. Doing more damage will take you to a potential X2 wanted level. Depending on what crime you have committed, minor road offences or minor physical violence will only slowly increase your wanted level. The player will have a cool down period where if abiding by the law they can prevent themselves from further increasing their wanted level. A single crime will not usually fill your badge up right away to take you onto a new wanted level, it depends on the severity of each crime. At some point I will note down all the crimes and offences accompanied with the severity of the action.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm thinking of making the gameplay for both characters quite diverse as to kind of make them more unique because each will have their own individual play style. For instance with the male protagonist due to him being a criminal, stealing cars and beating people up will gain him wanted levels. But for the female protagonist due to her being a cop, she will suffer in her career from actions like these. Instead of her also simply gaining a wanted level, instead points will drop from her cop meter. Too many points dropped results in a suspension, the worst possible outcome to happen for her. Whilst being suspended certain aspects of the story cannot be progressed. You cannot perform any of her normal cop duties and she will receive the same level of treatment from the police when she breaks the law whilst suspended as the male protagonist receives normally when he breaks the law. There are basically no police perks for her whilst suspended. She will be just as wanted by the police even for taking a car as the male character would be.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think I found a way to make the story interesting and also different. I got the idea to give the male character a wife and a son. However someone very dangerous that he ****ed off in the past eventually comes looking for him. When they know where he is they kidnap his family. Make him pay by having him do dirty work for them. And giving him a giant task of coming up with a ridiculous amount of money. Down on his luck and not having anyone to turn to, he faces being alone in a City almost new to him. He gets wrapped up in a World of crime, trying to make whatever money he can and serving his new Boss who holds a gun to the head of his most precious loved ones. An unfortunate outcome with the police sees him tell his sob story to a female police officer. She feels sorry for him and agrees to let him go free. There on out a partnership between crook and cop is strangely formed. And so it continues until they can both find a way to work towards rescuing his family and bringing those responsible to justice. Whether by the bloody hands of a murderous criminal, or by the handcuffs of the law.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
IMG_20131207_182515_zpsb195ee25.jpg
IMG_20131207_182515_zpsb195ee25.jpg

LH: Little Haiti
NH: New Havannah
MC: Mexico City
LP: Las Peluzo
B: Bonisqua
1, 2 & 3: Yet to be named small Islands
PI: Paradise Isles

This is a really rough showing of where everything will be.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay so I had a think on some names for the main characters and I found the names that I'm happy with. The male protagonist will be called Vincent James Niel. The female protagonist will be called Claire Garcia.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
-More Content-

The Wrong Side Of The Law

There are a list of crimes and interactions that your players can choose from. In the list below (other content will be added)

- Robbing convenience stores/ clothes stores
- Robbing jewelry stores/ banks
- Stealing vehicles (such as cars, bikes, boats, helicopters, planes)
- Stealing from armored trucks
- Holding people up at cash machines
- Pick-pocketing from people off the street/ taking their wallets, cash, phones, jewelry etc
- Breaking and entering into homes/apartments etc and selling on stolen goods
- Holding up other types of small businesses/ seizing control of businesses
- Stealing money from parking meters
- Illegal street racing
- Holding hostages for ransoms
- Extorting businesses for weekly profit
- Selling drugs/ buying drugs

More content to be added soon.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Right Side Of The Law

There are some actions/events that take place that make either character look like law abiding citizens. Of course those actions will differ depending on who you're playing as, be it Vincent or Claire.

- Returning stolen items such as wallets, jewelry, phones or even vehicles to their rightful owner
- Stopping vandals from raiding convenience stores
- Tracking down wanted criminals via police computer network device
- Drug busts
- Giving people lifts to certain destination, depending on circumstance
- Breaking up bank heists
- Protecting armored trucks or protection in general
- Lending money to other characters/ buying things they might need
- Taking part in Paramedic Missions
- Taking part in Firefighter Missions
- Taking part in Lifeguard Missions
- Running certain errands for people, such as picking up dry cleaning to taking the dog for a walk

Each good or bad action you choose to do will result in how you are as a person.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Interesting, but for a third playable character, may I recomend a rude badass who's had experience with these types of GTA heists? I mean the small time guy and the cop girl need real help. So basically a Michael -type but he's rude and a badass.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Interesting, but for a third playable character, may I recomend a rude badass who's had experience with these types of GTA heists? I mean the small time guy and the cop girl need real help. So basically a Michael -type but he's rude and a badass.

I really only wanted to have a female and a male playable character. And the powers of the law (be it crooked) really help Vincent. Plus what I might of failed to mention is that he has great experience. He just ****ed off the wrong people, tried to start afresh and got his life upside down. Other than side characters he doesn't need an experienced playable character because for any areas he may lack, Claire makes up for. She is a huge focus of the game. The first fully developed female main character. Abilities unprecendented in a GTA game. And the story of her trying to do right for someone although jeapordizing her career in the process.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
I really only wanted to have a female and a male playable character. And the powers of the law (be it crooked) really help Vincent. Plus what I might of failed to mention is that he has great experience. He just ****ed off the wrong people, tried to start afresh and got his life upside down. Other than side characters he doesn't need an experienced playable character because for any areas he may lack, Claire makes up for. She is a huge focus of the game. The first fully developed female main character. Abilities unprecendented in a GTA game. And the story of her trying to do right for someone although jeapordizing her career in the process.
Maybe a novice at the whole criminal thing? Like a Franklin character? That was part of what I liked about him. His name would be Jeremiah Reynolds and he looks to Vincent as a mentor.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Great story ideas but the only thing i really want is that they ditch the physics engine and realism for once.

And i'm afraid that if the game is set in modern day vice city then it won't be cartoony or funny and that's what i love the most about GTA series..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Great story ideas but the only thing i really want is that they ditch the physics engine and realism for once.

And i'm afraid that if the game is set in modern day vice city then it won't be cartoony or funny and that's what i love the most about GTA series..

I guess the old image/visual representation of GTA was to be cartoonish, and to not feature as much realism to kind of make the World seem less serious. But the way in which they're taking GTA now is to add onto realism, so I guess it comes down to taste.

To me Vice City was glitz, glam and bright lights in a big City. Also with a kickass 80's sound track. I think it would be key to keep those aspects with vibrant, vivid colors that really flow throughout the City and to expand upon its size and overall character.

Top Bottom