• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm down for Yasuke. But the dreads are just absolute cringe. Dreads did exist back then, but the shogunate likely made him cut his hair. It's like they included dreads just to be cool/hip. At least it's not a Killmonger cut.
I am dreading Yasuke's inclusion to be honest. Why are we playing as him? The game isn't called "Samurai's Creed", the devs have confirmed that his playstyle is based around the RPG combat from Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla and is all about fighting the enemies head on with his sword instead of the stealth/parkour that other protagonist Naoe is built around. Plus they've also confirmed that he has mandatory story missions that must be completed and so thus there is no escaping the lacklustre RPG gameplay. I just wanted to play as a ninja, man... :(

Honestly it just feels like Ubisoft saw how popular Ghost of Tsushima was and is trying to ape that game's Ghost/Samurai dual philosophy in an attempt at trend chasing at the cost of once again forgetting the core aesthetic of the franchise. That's not even getting into the ludicrous business tactics that Ubisoft are trying to pass off like Season Passes for a Single Player game and day one DLC - with the base game itself being something like $80 and likely won't be worth that much.

Dr. Cheesesteak

I don't disagree with you at all. But Kassandra/Alexios and Eivor set the precedent for "(historical warrior name)'s Creed".

At least in Shadows you STILL will be able to play as a ninja, even if it isn't 100% of the game.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't disagree with you at all. But Kassandra/Alexios and Eivor set the precedent for "(historical warrior name)'s Creed".

At least in Shadows you STILL will be able to play as a ninja, even if it isn't 100% of the game.
Id say it goes back to Connor and Edward from AC3 and 4.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I miss the old style of ac, the assassins vs templars story drew me in. Since odyssey it is a history sim and rpg with some stealth.

Mirage was a great return to form, i am going to wait for gameplay to decide on shadows. If it is more lile valhalla and odyssey, that may be offputting to me.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The studios xbox closed had low sale games that did not break even in some cases.

Hellblade 2 was made for a reasonable budget, so it will likely make back its budget and make profit so i think nt will be safe. Plus they are way better at making games than arkane austin to be fair.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry for the double post but

@Dr. Cheesesteak that may put you at ease, also try to remember that zenimax planned to shut down studios with todd howard before microsoft bought them.Due to said studios underperforming, while ninja theory was bought by ms to fill that style of game for the market. Nt were not part of of a package like arkane etc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am not digging the look of the gameplay in sh2 remake, graphics aside the gameplay did not wow me.

Dead space and resi spoiled us by comparison.

Top Bottom