• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Gaming News

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't think it is. It feels like a new IP.

Plus isn't Bayonetta 3 already announced?
:facepalm:My man...

JOKE:
/jōk/
noun
A brief oral narrative with a climactic humorous twist; a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
verb
make jokes; talk humorously or flippantly.

Goldsickle

Duck Tales Remastered is back on digital.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Seriously, I'm loving the art style. I want these guys to make the next Comix Zone. Visually, this as close we're going to get to another Comix Zone.

Goldsickle

Seriously, I'm loving the art style. I want these guys to make the next Comix Zone. Visually, this as close we're going to get to another Comix Zone.
Last time I checked, they went with the system where pressing the special attack button drains your health, a la SOR2.
Did they change the system where using the special attack temporarily drains your health but you can beat up baddies with regular attacks to heal up the temporary drained portion?
Meanwhile, getting hit while trying to restore the drained portion makes you lose all of it instead.

That's what I think I'm seeing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Did they change the system where using the special attack temporarily drains your health but you can beat up baddies with regular attacks to heal up the temporary drained portion?
Meanwhile, getting hit while trying to restore the drained portion makes you lose all of it instead.

That's what I think I'm seeing.

You are correct.

berto

I Saw the Devil

After that season 3 I can tell you now that I'm not as ecstatic about the whole new anime ordeal from this guy. The whole angst and dark and edgy angle just... Well, as someone else already put it much more eloquently this guy's whole ordeal seems to pretty much be:
dark-edgy-reading.jpg

I thought season 3 was going to be more... not super angsty? Things just got edgier and angstier. DMC has serious moments and it could do with the occasional shift in tone away from wacky but this might be too much on the other side of that extreme.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

After that season 3 I can tell you now that I'm not as ecstatic about the whole new anime ordeal from this guy. The whole angst and dark and edgy angle just... Well, as someone else already put it much more eloquently this guy's whole ordeal seems to pretty much be:
dark-edgy-reading.jpg

I thought season 3 was going to be more... not super angsty? Things just got edgier and angstier. DMC has serious moments and it could do with the occasional shift in tone away from wacky but this might be too much on the other side of that extreme.
Its a possibility Warren Ellis might not be writing DMC. So far we haven't had any info on DMC's creative team beyond Adi Shankar as executive producer.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
All I know is, nothing I've seen by Adi Shankar has given me much hope of this DMC animated series being my cup of tea.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm just excited to have new DMC content.
I can understand that. It's not as thought the man's work isn't good, either. I've seen the fan projects he's made and they are damn good. Not only good but clearly made by people that know the source material. The Power Rangers one was very detailed. The writers knew the lore, they knew the characters and what they presented was most definitely a fan work, a fan of that series. The Castlevania one, too. The tonal change, though, was not in correlation with the characterizations nor tones of the franchises. They are like a very expensive and professional set of fan works; angsty and edgy fanfics with the biggest budgets you could hope for.

berto

I Saw the Devil
VfI1nboU

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hopefully both next gen systems wont be delayed
Because of Corona, not the beer, that might be unavoidable. Like i said, there's not need to panic but we should all still be careful. If a delay is a sign of being cautious I am all for it. People's health and well being comes first. I don't think it's the apocalypse, not for a second, but I do think we're adjusting and studying a new disease with as much impact as the flu so being studious and taking a small break might be good for the modern generation who haven't hd real strife affect them.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh I completely understand that of course, and if they are delayed so be it

I'm just saying it would suck if they were, as I'm after putting money down on both consoles for launch , as I'm uber hyped

But if I have to wait and the world has to wait until its safe to ship them, so be it

Health and safety is way more important

Top Bottom