• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC5 Brainstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Hey guys just a general thread...i want to hear everybody's ideas for anything DMC5 - Story, Character, Weapons, Movelists, Enemies... everything. One point I want to put across is bring Dante back as the primary character. Make it so once you fully upgrade him (which should take a bit) make him hella overpowered compared to previous versions of Dante. Make his fighting system run smoother than DMC4 (maybe DMC3 style :D) so you can string countless combos together that do mass damage. A cool weapon could be a large Demon Axe and its blade is made out of fire. And enemy wise, why keep it to demons? Why not have a bunch of very powerful Archangels hunting him (their reasoning is that he is a demon and no matter what, demons must die). Could be an awesome showdown between Dante and the original and most powerful Archangel (Dante is pushed so far that he unlocks his ULTIMATE ;DDT Devil Trigger:D) Sparda did die somehow... maybe this elite group of Angels got to him??? Anyways lets hear some ideas...

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Not that this will EVER happen but I would like to see Dante taken completely out of the series for the time being and have the story focus on Nero and have Nero's combat built on a lot more. At least give him a few more weapons and DB attacks.

I feel that Nero has a lot more potential story wise than Dante who we don't really need at this point in time. At least until the big showdown/conclusion I guess I would find it easier to let go of Dante as I don't really like him anymore.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
:verymad: God i HOPE that doesn't happen - DMC IS Dante... It's like bringing out a spiderman movie without spiderman... but i agree Nero does have very good story potential... IMHO i think they should do DMC2 style... 1 disc for Nero... another for Dante... their stories intertwine and come together in the end. Maybe equal emphasis on both characters as Nero has a decent fanbase now and Dante... well i don't even have to say it...it's DANTE :D have Nero's combat evolved greatly from DMC4 and make Dante just ******** powerful, story AND gameplay!!! :D
and although i did like DMC4 storyline, plz make it something way more epic!

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DMC5 REBELLION MOVELIST

Stinger

Vortex Stinger*

Million Stabs

Round Trip

Sword Pierce/Unarmed Combat*

Overdrive*

Hightime

Helicopter Hightime*

Aerial Rave

Aerial Rave Version 2

Sword Storm*

Helm Breaker

Rebellion Combo A

Rebellion Combo B

Rebellion Combo C

Rebellion Combo D

Rebellion Combo E

Shredder*

Dance Macabre*

Light From The Demon Blade*

* Swordmaster Only

And Dante Would Be MUCH Faster In This Game :D

Also, Most Of The Attacks From Previous Games Would Be Suped Up, For Example Overdrive Would Charge Very Quick And Release 5 Shockwave Slashes At Your Opponent/s And Moves Like Million Stabs Would Last Longer And Produce Magical Sword Avatars Around iT On The Final Stab!
Shredder Would Spin Rebellion So Fast, Small, Weak, Lesser Demons Would Be Sucked Towards The Spinning Blade! Vortex Stinger Would Consist Of A Normal Stinger Followed By A Spinning Stinger, Similar To Previous Games Vortex Move!
Dance Macabre Would Land About 2x As Many Hits As The DMC4 Version Of Dance Macabre, Maybe The Same Speed, But A Longer Attack, like DMC3. I Could Go On All Day But I Won't :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
This thread needs some enemy ideas!

Blade II: A byproduct of Agnus' research. Imagine the Blade, but with longer claws, it's more muscular, but it's not larger. While being bulkier, it's certainly not slower. Never ever catch yourself off guard.
Buster: Nero takes the Blade II by the hand, spins him around rapidly, and throws it at the nearest enemy.

Shotgun Basilisk: A stronger, faster, larger Basilisk, magically cross-bred with a shotgun. Rumor has it they've also been cross-bred with grenades and other explosives... Look out when they start to glow and inflate.
Buster Ver. 1: Nero uses the Basilisk as a shotgun. What fun! (That rhymed!)
Buster Ver. 2 (Only accessible as the Basilisk is inflating): Nero grabs the rapidly ballooning Basilisk by the tail and hurls it into a group of enemies, causing as much damage as a level 3 charged shot.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I have always liked the idea behind demons being given physical form via the world around them. Sand, Ice, fire, electricity etc. I would like to see DMC5 expand on that a bit more. Being made out of an element also makes it feel more unique and gives it a wider range of attack ideas.

aka958

Don't trust people
The attacks Dante had in Superdantes description is way to powerful. It feels like i would go there and say: Hey a demon! 1 lighting speed combo and it's dead! is that a challenge or am i hitting a training dummy?

Dante has great moves, no need to improve and upgrade... Instead i think it would be better with new moves that ain't extreme but gives new ways of creating combos and tactics against demons.

But the idea of archangels is just genial! That is something that would change the ways of DMC without taking away the feeling of the game.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
the idea behind dante being more powerful gameplay wise is DMC4 dante was basically a re-hash of dmc3... improve him...but at the same time have the class of enemy he faces come up to. have his basic enemy blades and frosts. that way on harder modes, you would really need to string the combos. And if Nero was a seperate disc, have his enemies the slightly weaker one's. Oh and let Nero wield Yamato properly! A good boss battle for Dante would be 3 Female Archangels...At Once! One Who Uses Fire, One Ice & One Electricity! The final boss could be like the games version of Archangel Michael- the ultimate Archangel; 2 Angel modes/ Human Size Wielding A Shield Made From Light And The Archangel Sword, Then His Giant Mode And Once You Knock Him Out Of Heaven - Fallen Archangel Mode - Perhaps In Hell!!!

aka958

Don't trust people
But still it would make him way to powerful, if you change it just a little. You could destroy Dantes usual combos but that would destroy him, DMC 4 wasn't a re-hash of DMC3... Lucifer and pandora is weapons of a kind I've never seen before in any game and that looks like what dante needs, new weapons :D .
He always has his basic weapons rebellion, ebony and ivory, shotgun, and something like beowulf/gilgamesh. We need those for it is his image and then they should add at least 3 new devil arms and 3 new guns.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, true Lucifer is a weapon that hasn't been done before, but TBH, I don't really like it. The Lucifer does piddly damage normally and the swords explosions are also piddly. It just doesn't have the OOMPH that Gilgamesh has, and that's why Gilgamesh is still my fave. I like all of the gauntlet weapons except for Ifrit. It's just so slow compared to the Alastor, which remains my favorite sword of all time.

sdf

Hello everyone, Old DMC fanatic, new to the forum.

I really don't think that removing Dante is a good idea, i think that gamers like me that started from DMC1@PS2 wont even bother to play the game without Dante.
Most of the people i know they didn't even like the idea of nero.

Things that i want from DMC is
1st Longer, much longer.

2nd More puzzles

3rd More Enemies, especially more enemies in a battle, 30-40 enemies, Dante from DMC3 and 4 can handle them easy.

4th To be more Adult, and i mean scary, darker, more blood, horrifying . Even though that capcom by looking DMC4 and RE5 has stepped away from this.

5th last but not least and this is what i want more than anything in this series, is to stop backtracking the same bloody stages.
I really do hate that part, the game is becoming really boring.
If you play the game 3 times, actually you have played the same stages 6 times.

aka958

Don't trust people
Lucifer is slow and bad??? if i could post a video i could show you how i can kill agnus and echidna on DMD with lucifer as my only devil arm and take half their health in matter of 10 to 20 seconds. Still i love to use gilgamesh with swordmaster, makes me feel overpowering.

I didn't like lucifer at all in the beginning but try use Pin-up spam until they start exploding the enemies with just be knocked back for each explosion and your style with go sky high so you can change weapon and then will your style points go up at great speed. DT + Lucifer = extreme damage.
Lucifers comboes ain't all that good but they are good if you wanna get some fast style points and they look cool. It is easy to get the fausts or mephistos cloaks vanish fast. Easy to stop and use pin-up on some enemies then leave them alone and they get some damage when the auto explode starts, also good for style.

There, that was off topic but still the information about the uses of lucifer is an example on how a weapon works and things you should think about when you think about new weapons. Some will favor one kind of weapons and others will favor other kinds.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
First of all, welcome to the forum sdf. Second, I agree with most of what you said except for number four. I think it's already got enough of that. I also hate backtracking through the same levels. What I want is a return to the hell world like in DMC 1. That remains the best hell for me, just because it was so surreal, and the music was so great. Seeing a remake of that would be the best nostalgia rush EVER for me.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
I dont mean he was all over re-hashed- his Rebellion moves were was what i mean, hence why the moves i listed were Rebellion moves, i think his old moves have to be updated/powered up as well as adding new moves. I was thinking a cool new addition for Dante would be to have him able to fight totally unarmed - matrix style martial arts that kick ass would be cool! Have his unarmed moved very quick but not highly damaging like the gauntlet moves. Have unarmed + 4 devil arms and 4-5 diff type of guns! I think take gunslinger out of the styles, you could perform all the moves he does in Gunslinger with the normal long range button and some tinkering with direction buttons. So you could have Swordmaster, Trickster, Royal Guard & a new style. And I couldnt agree more about backtracking - DMC4 got really boring really guick - what with facing the majority of bosses 3 times!? Come on thats just lazy. Have Rebellion, another kind of sword/ possibly an elemental sword - flame, electricity, ice, i don't know. E & I, Shotty, maybe a bow type gun that shoots magical, explosive arrows etc... Any thoughts?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Alrighty then! Here's three more.

Blaze: Imagine a frost, but with fire. I'm not sure if it's been done or not, but there it is, in all it's glory.
Buster: Nero grabs the Blaze by its arm and squeezes, making the Blaze fire three of it's claws. Nero then throws the Blaze.

Rapier: A longer, stronger, thinner Gladius. Instead of charging towards it's enemies, it uses close range slashing and biting combos. They are also immune to Buster in reptile form.
Buster: Nero throws the Rapier with deadly force.

Gust: A Frost with wind elemental attacks. It's ultimate attack involves a giant tornado.
Buster: Nero grabs the Gust and throws it, creating a small storm that sucks nearby enemies in.

How does that sound for enemies, SuperDante?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
As it was said before, I wish that DMC1's resident evil-like style, with that dark and mysterious environment returned.
Also, about Dante: my faith in Capcom is gone. They turned the coolest character in gaming universe in some dude that has nothing to do other than his job. In the beginning he has so much story to show us, now there is no real reason to bring him back (story-wise) if not some sort of mentor for Nero... sad

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
DreadnoughtDT;193935 said:
Alrighty then! Here's three more.

Blaze: Imagine a frost, but with fire. I'm not sure if it's been done or not, but there it is, in all it's glory.
Buster: Nero grabs the Blaze by its arm and squeezes, making the Blaze fire three of it's claws. Nero then throws the Blaze.

Rapier: A longer, stronger, thinner Gladius. Instead of charging towards it's enemies, it uses close range slashing and biting combos. They are also immune to Buster in reptile form.
Buster: Nero throws the Rapier with deadly force.

Gust: A Frost with wind elemental attacks. It's ultimate attack involves a giant tornado.
Buster: Nero grabs the Gust and throws it, creating a small storm that sucks nearby enemies in.

How does that sound for enemies, SuperDante?

I love it... I kid you not i also was thinking of a flame version of frost - but couldnt think of a name... very good ideas - you have a twist and upgraded forms of classic enemies!
I think these could all be the normal enemies for Dante on his campaign and enemies for Nero half way through his story.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
aka958;193879 said:
But still it would make him way to powerful, if you change it just a little. You could destroy Dantes usual combos but that would destroy him, DMC 4 wasn't a re-hash of DMC3... Lucifer and pandora is weapons of a kind I've never seen before in any game and that looks like what dante needs, new weapons :D .
He always has his basic weapons rebellion, ebony and ivory, shotgun, and something like beowulf/gilgamesh. We need those for it is his image and then they should add at least 3 new devil arms and 3 new guns.

Really a lot of the moves are the same - Stinger is DMC4 Lv2 version - High Time is the same except maybe take two or three weak enemies up with him, Million Stabs is the same except it goes a little longer and ends with a more powerful stab that has magical sword avatars around it for 1 hit, Combo A - 5 Hits/ Medium Damage, Combo B - 8 Hits/Medium-Heavy damage, Combo C - Same As DMC4 Combo B, Combo D - 4 Hits That Ends With DMC4 Quick Drive, Combo E - 3 Hits Then A Quick Spinning Attack. More Just A Few New Powerful or Ultra Quick Moves To Add More Variety :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's two more. Man, I'm just rollin' these out, aren't I?

Magi: Used to be a wise man, but is now corrupted by evil. Can use the powers of lighting, fire, and the unholy aura to indiscriminantly attack humans.
Buster: Nero grabs the Magi's staff and impales him with it, then uses a one of the Magi's three spells and throws the Magi.

Arachnia: A small, spider like creature magically cross-bred with a machine-gun. When it leaps up and puts it's eight legs together, they form a machine-gun barrel and it will spew red-hot rounds at you.
Buster: Nero uses the Arachnia as a living turret, using three of it's legs as a tripod, you can aim the Arachnia around for a few moments, all the while firing a continuous stream of bullets. Devastating to weaker enemies, but larger enemies (like Blazes) can just shrug off the shots. Be careful who you shoot at.

I've also edited my first post to include buster's as well. Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom