• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
@TWOxACROSS
Sorry I can't get rid of the loading bar at the bottom. I couldn't find any loading screens without it.
BACK.png

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Thaaaat's the good stuff. Thanks man!

And OH! You can see Nero's emblem there, at the top, near his head, it's the heart with the blue rose in it, and the little robot hand. There was a much cleaner version of it somewhere, but I can't remember where I saw it. It might have been on a screenshot of the menus...or something? It was so fleeting when I noticed it, but I never bothered to commit it to memory.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think I might make that emblem into a t-shirt... is that even legal? (I mean it's not my art, I'd just recreate it)

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Apparently there's a variety of camera settings in this.

1534887858208.jpg

Also, "customize cutscenes"? I wonder what that does.
And "network" too? Is that just to access some kind of online score leaderboard or is there something... meatier related to it? Hmm... Speculation, speculation...

1534888021979.jpg
There is also Photo Mode, I'll edit the post once I found the screenshot for that menu, I wonder how powerful a tool it will be

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think I might make that emblem into a t-shirt... is that even legal? (I mean it's not my art, I'd just recreate it)
Technically, yes, that's copyright infringement, but when you're doing it for personal use rather than with intent to distribute it's not really something they'll send the FBI over for. It's actually not uncommon.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

If it's just for you, it's perfectly fine. I used to make my own shirts all the time. If you were trying to sell them? Eeeeeeeeeeeh? That'd get a little iffy.

There is also Photo Mode, I'll edit the post once I found the screenshot for that menu, I wonder how powerful a tool it will be

Dude, I'm gonna be spending so much time in that photo mode. When I was younger, living in a tiny neighborhood in the middle of nowhere, I'd constantly pause or stop games and draw the sprites and model poses for fun and references. Even today I love pausing stuff and getting close-ups on little details on stuff we might otherwise miss.

I also had a thought on Devil Breakers - so far we know that you can't cycle through and choose what Breaker you currently have on hand (eeeeeeeh?), and Itsuno said that Nico dumps arms all over the level for you to pick up, but if we get to choose what arms appear in a level, that is to say, that we get to choose our loadout, I wonder if it'd be possible to just load up your entire Devil Breaker inventory with the same one. It'd lack variety, of course, but you also wouldn't have to concern yourself with the top-of-the-deck switching, either. Who knows, maybe at the start of the game we'll only have access to one Breaker and it'll work exactly like that, with only one type of arm to pick up throughout the levels until you specifically change your arsenal up. I mean...I'd be okay with that, barring we don't get an actual hot swap system for it.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I also had a thought on Devil Breakers - so far we know that you can't cycle through and choose what Breaker you currently have on hand (eeeeeeeh?), and Itsuno said that Nico dumps arms all over the level for you to pick up, but if we get to choose what arms appear in a level, that is to say, that we get to choose our loadout, I wonder if it'd be possible to just load up your entire Devil Breaker inventory with the same one. It'd lack variety, of course, but you also wouldn't have to concern yourself with the top-of-the-deck switching, either. Who knows, maybe at the start of the game we'll only have access to one Breaker and it'll work exactly like that, with only one type of arm to pick up throughout the levels until you specifically change your arsenal up. I mean...I'd be okay with that, barring we don't get an actual hot swap system for it.

I actually think that's what they are going for, from what I hear and read, only the DB's you have in your loadout appear in level. But that's all based on the Floor Demo (the one I played) and the other Demo for the business people (wich had the Buster Breaker and only 3 usable breakers), so that might be coincidence.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Pretty much the only way they could muck that up is if they force you to equip a variety to fill out the slots you have, sort of like in DMC3, you couldn't go without a second gun or devil arm once you got more than one of each (or at least I think it was like that). However, given that Gerbera and Overture were the only two in the demo, to fill out the four slots in the arsenal, maaaaaaybe there's hope...?

We might even have to upgrade our Breaker loadout to have more slots. Fweh! This being the most concerning mechanic makes me antsy to get it all sussed out. It's not a big deal, but I'd like to temper my expectations regarding it.

Also a demo wouldn't hurt Capcom, *cough cough*~ Wonder how forthcoming they'll be with one.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think we might get a demo around december (at the earliest) or January.
DmC Released in January and had a public demo available in November so it would fit.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I used to say, yeah, who cares, what could possibly be the difference, but after Bayonetta I would prefer to see the version I'm buying in action to see if it's coming along smoothly.

Didn't that have something to do with the PS3's architecture and how weird it was to develop games for it? Like, it just made optimization a bit of a problem?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Didn't that have something to do with the PS3's architecture and how weird it was to develop games for it? Like, it just made optimization a bit of a problem?
I think this is right. There won't be any major differences between Xone and Ps4, because they both based on PC architecture. Only exception will be XoneX that probably has smoother textures and lack of popups and maybe lack of frame drops.

berto

I Saw the Devil
P* games didn't have much experience with the PS3 so they instead let a Sega team import the game to the PS3 trusting that they knew what they were doing. Well, they sure learned their lesson. From that point on they ported their own games which is why Vanquish performs equally well on both platforms.

Anyway, my point isn't how it happened, it's that it can and has, and not just with Bayonetta, it's a huge part of how Digital Foundry stays in business, so I tend to want to see the footage of my platform of choice.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Pretty much, PS3 multi-plat games typical had problems in one form or another for the first half of that generation because of how the console was built. UE3 developers had a not-so-fun time working on it because the engine and the architecture where at odds. The ones that turned out for the better were games that focused on PS3 development first, like DMC4.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Geeze, that's quite the big change in perspective then. Although that does create a much bigger disconnect between the somber Dante of DMC2 and DMC5 Dante literally hollering "Wahooo! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH~" when we first saw him. That guy is all over the place, like a manic-depressive.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Geeze, that's quite the big change in perspective then. Although that does create a much bigger disconnect between the somber Dante of DMC2 and DMC5 Dante literally hollering "Wahooo! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH~" when we first saw him. That guy is all over the place, like a manic-depressive.
That is the unfortunate side effect of having 3 different directors with varying interpretations on a single character and his defining traits.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That is the unfortunate side effect of having 3 different directors with varying interpretations on a single character and his defining traits.

Which is interesting, when you think about it. Of course different directors is a factor, but if there was a certain amount of care taken with Dante's consistency, it would have been super easy to make him like his DMC1 counterpart/ Yet, it felt like they actively avoided that consistency, at least especially between DMC1 and DMC2. At this point, I guess Dante's consistency is a liiittle bit of a lost cause.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yet, it felt like they actively avoided that consistency, at least especially between DMC1 and DMC2. At this point, I guess Dante's consistency is a liiittle bit of a lost cause.
Quite. Did you read the artbook on the DMC2 section. For whatever reason they never mention who the original director was, before itsuno, but they did mention that he was adamant at his position on Dante's character. To him 'cool' was not a character that smiled, in fact, to him 'cool' meant a quiet badass type, a samurai type, I suppose.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I suppose we'll just have to interject with our own hoopin' and hollerin' if/when we play DMC2. At least he still had some slick one-liners.

Top Bottom