• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I feel ashamed of myself

10590895.jpg

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

I told myself I would try to avoid spoilers once review copies were out and also would avoid reviews in fear of spoilers. But I couldn't resist the temptations of the flesh and succumb myself to some spoilers maybe not everything or all the really good stuff. But at this point even if the internet and Youtube doesn't find more ways to keep allowing spoiler content with spoiler thumbnails and spoiler titles keep popping up in my recommended feed despite me instructing video blocker to not do so....even if I make it through the next 24 hours spoiler free I still feel that I lost this battle. I may not have seen everything in the base game but I have general feel of the total layout of events and now I feel like :poop::poop::poop::poop:.

Man these next 24 hours will be agonizing. I've essentially fully robbed myself of experiencing all the surprises and twists or most of it. Oh well at least I can still see HOW things play out and are executed. Still though....would be nice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm on the same boat as Stylish Nero. I spolied the big reveal for myself. I'm not as torn up about it as Stylish is. Spoilers don't matter if the journey is good. Knowing how Infinity War ended didn't affect how much i enjoyed the film when i got around to seeing it.

Granted the reveal caused some internal conflict about the series that i have to sort through first.

I look forward to discussing this with you all after i play through it myself.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Wow that sucks u have two more days Lod

Happy bday in advance btw

It’s cool man. I still technically get it before my birthday and it’s going to be the best present ever. I’m going in blindfolded as well so even better.

Thanks man!

Methix

All the powerscaling DMC videos and Vs threads that are soon to be made ha ha
The power scaling DMC videos? is just people with there personal opinions. After u play dmc 5 though. it is made pretty clear between dante and vergil there is nothing and they are equals

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll be picking mine up tonight. I was thinking about splurging for the collectors edition but after seeing just how small it was I lost interest pretty fast.

Edit:
Does no one else find it funny that both this and Sekiro, the other major release this month, both feature a dude with a prosthetic hand that have multiple functions which include a grappling feature? I am getting more and more interested in Sakiro. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls are just not my thing but Bloodborne was right up my alley. Sekiro, not so much either, but the more I see of it the more I like what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm probably not getting my copy until next april when I got money to do it. Until then, I don't mind the spoilers.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I really am not digging V's gameplay. Feels so clunky and counterintuitive.

Guess it’s just a matter of switching it up so each character plays different. Also depends on the type of player, some newcomers might prefer the style.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
My god when you acquire all of Dante's weapons and moves , throw on enemy step and add in

sin devil trigger and devil sword Dante with their extra movesets, Dante is a monster and the JC is nuts

So ya beat the game on devil hunter , starting son of sparda later

I'm in love with the gameplay and all the enemy types

So glad the dumbass scarecrows and other fodder are gone from 4

Bosses are so much fun too

Nero has a few new moves too which I liked and I am finding v gameplay Tobe intriguing and fun

All in all solid 9.5 game

Top Bottom