• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Injuries...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
dj.darkx: i think i heard that or something like it before.
There is no way i could do a two day gaming stint.

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
dj.darkx;203159 said:
If you are playin' too hard that you are hurting your brain and your body, i have seen a gamer in my country dead in computer desk, he has play for 2 days no food, no clothing, no shower, just sitting and played the game, after 2 days, when he stand up, he dead suddenly:(.
SO you must balance your time, don't play too much.
That's dreadful, he probably died of a blood clot. That also happens to people on long distance flights, or to people to sit for too long for whatever reason.
If you can't resist playing that hard, at least get up from the chair and move your body now and then. And drink water.

La Femme Fatale

Her Royal Nonsense
dj.darkx;203159 said:
If you are playin' too hard that you are hurting your brain and your body, i have seen a gamer in my country dead in computer desk, he has play for 2 days no food, no clothing, no shower, just sitting and played the game, after 2 days, when he stand up, he dead suddenly:(.
SO you must balance your time, don't play too much.
I've heard about a couple of those cases as well. It baffles me how those few people can be that lazy. The one I read about had reportedly (and I use that term loosely - the media does enjoy sensationalism so I don't know how true it is) p!ssed in a bucket or a bowl beside him because he didn't feel it necessary to walk to the toilet. That's sick.

Anyway - I've never had any video gaming injuries persay, mainly because I don't play games long enough to get one... but, a couple years ago, my old television (and I'm not talking about a dinky flat-screen, this was an oldish 42 inch massive fcker who had to weigh somewhere between 100-180 pounds) fell on me when I was pulling out my PS2 from the stand. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but the TV stand we use to have was incredibly wobbly and parts of it were composed of glass (which is a fantastic idea to have with such a heavy television), and it fell down hard. Totally tore up/crushed my VCR and the corner of the PS2 once I got out from under it.

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
La Femme Fatale;203250 said:
I've heard about a couple of those cases as well. It baffles me how those few people can be that lazy. The one I read about had reportedly (and I use that term loosely - the media does enjoy sensationalism so I don't know how true it is) p!ssed in a bucket or a bowl beside him because he didn't feel it necessary to walk to the toilet. That's sick.
I read about a bucket-p*sser too. I'm not sure if he was just lazy. I think people doing such crazy things must have some mental condition.

an oldish 42 inch massive fcker who had to weigh somewhere between 100-180 pounds) fell on me when I was pulling out my PS2 from the stand. I can't remember exactly how it happened, but the TV stand we use to have was incredibly wobbly and parts of it were composed of glass (which is a fantastic idea to have with such a heavy television), and it fell down hard. Totally tore up/crushed my VCR and the corner of the PS2 once I got out from under it.
Sht! Talk about collateral damage. Poor VCR and PS2 I say... :p

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
NotSoAwesomeFaise;203789 said:
I dislocated my shoulder playing WiiSports. ._.

o_OOWIE OWIE OUCH!!! GEEZ... i wasn't expecting that. Thatt really made me cringe when i read that,,,>_<

beyondcrimson

may contain nuts
Apart from Tekken blisters I've been fine for console based injuries.

But I play DnD and have joined the ranks of the poor b*stards that have trod on a D4. They are three sided pyramids for those that don't know, and trust me they hurt like hell.
I also do live action roleplay (dressing up as your character and beating the snot outta other wierdo's in a field) I've had two broken fingers, a twisted ankle, sunburn and a spear tip in the eye from that.

Good times. :D

Ashelia_Crystl

You don't want to know ;)
I got a repetitive straining injury in both of my hands/wrists while playing Crisis Core non-stop for about a week. >.<
I used to play games until my hands went numb and unable to move them, never got blisters though.

aka958

Don't trust people
I really wanted to play some DMC with my untouched control setting on the xbox 360 on a really cold winter day. I had just recently been outside and I never wear any gloves, my fingers where cold so when I played the game it actually hurt to press every button. >.<

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The only injuries suffered are by my gamepads. I seem to wear them out real quick.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
First gaming injury ever for me!Yeyz...

Ok,not so much.Played Sengoku BASARA during a peacefull afternoon[while I was on holidays] and I got bitten by mosquitoes.And the sun was still up.

Captain Ren

Tribble
the best i can, is getting a little pain in the thumbs while trying to pull off random **** for too long in fighting games. or the challenges in GoW1.

Top Bottom