• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gaming Injuries...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Funnily enough, it works better than my slimline ps2.
The brick is about 6yrs old, and the slim line is about4yrs old

Doppelgamer117

Rp as *Xelicor*
Well one time I was playing SMBB with my bro DreadnoughtDT, and lets just say I got hurt a lot during that time. He also accidently chucked the wiimote at the wall and from then on there was a giant dent there...:(

Keaton

Premium
Wiimote : the Silent Killer! :D

Lol, the damages that controller has done :)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I know... There was this one time my bro was playing Wii Bowling and he threw the Wiimote at the TV. And it was a NEW TV! I'm just glad it still works...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I guess i'm the only who "injured" his hardware and wasn't "injured" by it. 0_oThanks god they are good and sturdy.For reasons unknown that is.

Romero

Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
I've had blisters, multiple cases of tendinitis, and back in the day when I used poor quality joysticks the skin peeled off my fingers (because of blisters). And insomnia and fatigue a couple times lol.
I'm lucky to be alive! :O

:p

Vergil'sB*tch;199139 said:
I think i got off quite lightly with that shock.
That happened at night, and the bang woke eveybody up...
I have also had a piece of plastic fly out of the PS1 from the bit that holds the disc.
Crikey! Did the console break?

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Crikey Romero!

Nope, it's still working (from what i'm aware of.)

We live in a very damp house, and its starting to affect my consoles. My slimline PS2 is making more of a racket now, than what it did when i first got it.
Plus the lens won't read the discs properly.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
One occasion I picked up my PS2 controller to play some Snake Eater and stabbed my thumb on a part of the left stick. Turns out one of my chinchillas had been busy while he was out of his cage, chewed the top of one of the sticks clean off and I hadn't noticed. He also bit Start and Select off and the wire pretty badly. My back was turned for what, twenty seconds? Little demon.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Erm...I played the crap out of Tekken 6 when it came out, and upon fighting Bruce for the first time, I got so ****ed off that I shut down the 360, and then, for some stupid ass reason, I mimicked the move that Bruce does where he knees you in the gut and elbows you in the back at the same time.

Problem was...there was no fleshy human pillow to keep my elbow from annihilating my thigh.

I felt like a stupid, pained nerd after the incident. I left myself limping.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL...my recent gaming injury would consist of blisters on my thumbs. Youch! That's what happens when you're obsessed with getting that S rank and decide to fight Dante, and fight him again,... and again and again and again and again...grrrrr....

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Uhhh... Maybe it's just me, but I never get blisters. My skin gets callussed instead. I didn't even get blisters when I did my three day long DMC series stream. That was a while ago, though. If I'd known about this forum at that time, you can bet your buttocks I'd have posted a link. Sorry! :\

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I did the same thing with Beowulf on DMC3. I almost busted my only working PS2 controller from anger with that fight too XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ Ouch... Yeah, you gotta be careful with those buttholes that call themselves bosses. You WOULD NOT BELIEVE how many tries it took me to kill Zedonius in Ninja Gaiden II... Fourty some, I believe...

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Jeez! I haven't played Ninja Gaiden 2 yet, though I own it. I'm still working on Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
BlueDevil;202647 said:
Jeez! I haven't played Ninja Gaiden 2 yet, though I own it. I'm still working on Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden II is full of cheap bosses. I wasn't able to kill Alexei, even though I tried thirty four times. Imagine my embarrassment when my TWELVE YEAR OLD brother beat him in one try... I have HORRIBLE luck...

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
DreadnoughtDT;202651 said:
Yeah, Ninja Gaiden II is full of cheap bosses. I wasn't able to kill Alexei, even though I tried thirty four times. Imagine my embarrassment when my TWELVE YEAR OLD brother beat him in one try... I have HORRIBLE luck...

I know your pain...XD

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I got cramp in my right hand last night trying to beat that water demon as Dante on DMC2. (Jokatgulm)
I had to turn the console off because i couldn't move my hand anymore.

aoshi

I would not injure myself...lol.... May be blisters on my thumbs. But i find few games can cause post-trauma after gameplay due to the difficulty and game-play. Its traumatic to guard cerebrus and vergil. Vergil's killer bee on DT was really traumatic to guard. Some sleepless nights as well.

dj.darkx

Devil Hunter
If you are playin' too hard that you are hurting your brain and your body, i have seen a gamer in my country dead in computer desk, he has play for 2 days no food, no clothing, no shower, just sitting and played the game, after 2 days, when he stand up, he dead suddenly:(.
SO you must balance your time, don't play too much.

Top Bottom