• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamespot doing a Now playing segment on DmC on april 10th?

ReRave

smug jerk
The graphics are even better (the game was already beautiful) but the combat doesn't seem as smooth as in The Fight or The Secret trailers, maybe because the guy playing had no clue of what he was doing...
I blame it on the poor quality of the video and the guy had no clue what he was doing (double-jumps all the frickin time).

Terrence

Because your culture affects your way of thinking and thus affects your opinions. That's common psychology.

I'm not a fangirl, not even a girl, and I loved it. ;P
How it was addressed to me it was unnecessary and made me felt like I was being pushed as a stereotypical American. As for your opinion lol thats good for you as for me I was reeling horror o.o'

Terrence

I blame it on the poor quality of the video and the guy had no clue what he was doing (double-jumps all the frickin time).
It could be that they still don't have they controls quite finished but that's just me speculating from the work in progress image.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
I liked what I saw: showing the HUD and little bit of controls plus new enemy types and not too much of the story. I'm quite sure that Vergil is in the game and probably some other familiar characters too, I mean why would they try to hide so much of the story unless there were somekind of big surprise. :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
if you watch the gameplay videos on gametrailers you hear a man talking to dante at the beginning, perhaps this is vergil working with dante?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
My impressions on the DmC gameplay video by Gamespot:

Pros
- Fluid combat. The switch between Rebellion, scythe and axe is smooth when mixing them in combos.
- Stylish meter is present.
- Some moves from previous DMC games are retained.
- Better overall graphics.
- No noticeable graphical issues.

Cons
- Overly simple combat. Either the player in the demo is an average player or the game itself is too easy.
- HUD is pretty lackluster. It is neither cool, demonic, nor great to look at. It is only black and white health bar and Dante's face. This also applies to the Stylish meter.
- No taunts. I expected to see a few taunts in the video, but this did not happen.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
They are talking about MUNDUS seems very interesting ...

- Mundus doesn't know I exist...

Might be Vergil or someone that has somekind of value to Mundus...

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It looks like the female protagonist's face has been revealed and, fortunately for me, she's not a red-head.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The demo was areas we saw already but it highlighted some new things.

Since it was a stream it had some bad quality and I couldnt hear anything over the voices.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The demo was areas we saw already but it highlighted some new things.

Since it was a stream it had some bad quality and I couldnt hear anything over the voices.
then you should watch the gametrailer videos, much better quality, no talking, and even more gameplay! :)

Razyel

Soul Reaver
My impressions on the DmC gameplay video by Gamespot:

Pros
- Fluid combat. The switch between Rebellion, scythe and axe is smooth when mixing them in combos.
- Stylish meter is present.
- Some moves from previous DMC games are retained.
- Better overall graphics.
- No noticeable graphical issues.

Cons
- Overly simple combat. Either the player in the demo is an average player or the game itself is too easy.
- HUD is pretty lackluster. It is neither cool, demonic, nor great to look at. It is only black and white health bar and Dante's face. This also applies to the Stylish meter.
- No taunts. I expected to see a few taunts in the video, but this did not happen.

I think that they don't want to show the best moves just yet and that mission seems to be pretty early in the game maybe mission 3 or 4 or something like that. Also there's no indicator for DT..yet. The combat to me looks just fine, they already showed more moves than Nero had in DMC4

sabre1222

It might be because he was weakened by mundus and has gone into hidding to hibernate , to heal himself. so he sends dante on a quest to find out more information of the hideout

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
O.k. You ready for this?

You're wrong.

You must be American, because you can't see subtlety in the differences between the coolness and humor in any scene in Bayonetta and this game. Also, the difference between the subtly ironic and the obvious. (I'm American, by the way)

In Japanese entertainment, the chaos and cool is usually created and maintained by the focus character(s). They create the cool scenario to act cool in. They are usually responsible for initiating the coolness and maintaining the over-the-top feel of the moment with what they say and do. Everything has to be and stay cool with them. Dante wrecked his own shop in DMC 3 yet blamed it on the demons. Bayonetta killed angels in unnecessary fashion and spoke and moved in unrelatable character at all times, even when it wasn't necessary. Classic Dante spoke in 'cool' even if his responses had nothing to do with anything another character was saying or the tone of the moment. His dialogue came off as so random he sounded like his own internal monologue.

Cerberus: You are not welcome here! You are unworthy!
Dante: Wow! I've never seen a talking dog before! In a dog show, you'd definitely take first prize.
Cerberus: You will pay!
Dante: Let's go for a walk.
Cerberus: I'll kill you!
Dante: It's showtime.

All of that was so random.

In this DmC the actions Dante takes are not random, or things he does just to be cool. He does things in response to his surroundings and actions taken for or against him- He just happens to look cool doing them. Dante didn't want to get dressed that way, he had no choice if he didn't want to fly out the window naked.
Because he does not have to carry a scenes tone, he can shift to adjust to whatever mode he, as a multidimensional character needs to to express his character properly with out seeming out of character or having a jarring shift of character at a pivotal moment in the story just cause the story needs him to. That's what real characterization is.
Some people say they don't see the angry Dante in this. The truth is, that's the genius of great writing. If you notice, Dante went through several different phases and emotions in the two minutes of this trailer all seamlessly and without out-and-out snarling, scowling or yelling "WHOO-HOO!" repeatedly. He's already showed more range, subtlety and depth in a single trailer than all the other Dante's combined and he's had a bigger opening action scene.

...But, then again, who'd notice in a world where Micheal Bay films break records.
I call BS on this, Dante was not being random with that dialogue towards Cerberus, he was merely taunting at the fact Cerberus was a GOD DAMN THREE HEADED TALKING DOG. Then when Cerberus said he would kill Dante, Dante made a taunt indicating he was ready for battle.
And Ninja Theory suck at writing compared to the makers of Robocop (RIP Great movie that will be butchered by a terrible remake in 2013) That is all

Razyel

Soul Reaver
It might be because he was weakened by mundus and has gone into hidding to hibernate , to heal himself. so he sends dante on a quest to find out more information of the hideout

Good theory. :) Then try to explain how Dante got into those orphanages? Basically everything is possible at this moment. The Voice sounded much older than Dante so it's a possibility...

Top Bottom