• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you thought you would like

Meg

Just like my other topic, but the opposite. What games did you buy thinking you would like, but then wound up being crappy.

For me it was freaking Dissidia Final Fantasy. :dry: I even played the demo and thought it was fun, but then after seven-ish hours of playing the actual game I was bored outta my mind! Though Cecil was pretty darn cool. Anyway, other one was Haze. It looked awesome so the week it came out I got it and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't that great either. From that moment forward I made sure I read the reviews for a game before I got it regardless of how amazing it looked.

What about all of you?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Tomb Raider Underworld
Devil May Cry 2
Resident Evil 5 - it wasn't terrible but nowhere near as good as I was expecting
Metal Gear Solid: the twin snakes - bad remake with no feeling
Gears of War
True Crime: NYC - I liked the first one but this was was just bleh imo
Fight Night: round 3 - too slow and slugish

CloudStryker

Surviving
I've mentioned this saomewhere before, but I can't remember.
I bought Just cause 2, Why - Just cause.

Anyway the demo's looked good but failed yo point out one thing.
To progress through the story you have to do side missions, no biggie.
Exept that you had to do LOADS of them and there was only, like 4 or 5 different types. Most of the map was just grass mountains and crappy little six house villages.

I got boed after playing it for three hours and swapped it for Nier, much better. :D
I could go on and fill this whole page with me ranting but someone else can have a go now.
Next.

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;229521 said:
Just like my other topic, but the opposite. What games did you buy thinking you would like, but then wound up being crappy.

For me it was freaking Dissidia Final Fantasy. :dry: I even played the demo and thought it was fun, but then after seven-ish hours of playing the actual game I was bored outta my mind! Though Cecil was pretty darn cool. Anyway, other one was Haze. It looked awesome so the week it came out I got it and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't that great either. From that moment forward I made sure I read the reviews for a game before I got it regardless of how amazing it looked.

What about all of you?

WHAT?! Dissidia is starting to bore my mind now. But that's when I've played over 380 hours!
But hell, you don't even like the FF series but FFXIII so it's hard for you to care as much I guess.

Hmm... Let's see.. I thought that... No... Nope, I've never been disappointed with a game. That's because I'm only playing game on the safe side.

Meg

aka958;229525 said:
WHAT?! Dissidia is starting to bore my mind now. But that's when I've played over 380 hours!
But hell, you don't even like the FF series but FFXIII so it's hard for you to care as much I guess.

Hmm... Let's see.. I thought that... No... Nope, I've never been disappointed with a game. That's because I'm only playing game on the safe side.

I thought Dissidia was shallow and concentrated to much on graphics. Whether or not I like FF shouldn't make or break a game. Gameplay seemed fun at first, but for me it got old really fast.

And that's nice you never got disappointed by a game before. You must be a smart game buyer. :cool:

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I must be not,but hell who of is.[C'mon aka,don't be shy,we were all noobs once. :p]

Just...3?No more :

Super Mario 64 DS
Tales of Versus PSP[Haven't sold it...yet.Yet again.]
Gundam Battle Universe PSP
Gundam Seed : Omni Vs Zaft PSP[Namdai-Crapcom collab]
Magical Girl Nanoha : Battle of the Aces PSP
Tales of the World : Radiant Mythology 1 and 2 PSP
Naruto : Ultimate Ninja Heroes portable PSP [I was forced to buy the original jap version to enjoy the game...]
Naruto Shippuden : Akatsuki rising PSP

And apart from the DS game and the collab one,all these games have one thing in common : NAMCO-BANDAI as the developer AND publisher...and I still have faith at their games...well not any more.Though the Ultimate Ninja game was made originally by cyberconnect2 the EU and US branch downgraded the game so much,it was a joke and a ploy to get two different games.Jack4##3s.

That's me.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I played Dark Void...and the crapness of that game made me die inside. It was a generic third person shooter....just with a jet pack. So. Completely. Boring.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^...Can you really count,this?No offense but ussually sequels are better[I'm not saying that exceptions don't exist],unless you bought it after Gundam Warriors 2 was out.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Dragon Age Origins, Eternal Sonata and Assassin's Creed 2.

Mass Effect 2 is fast becoming unappealing to me too - the first one was a good RPG but the second one is fast becoming another crappy shooter, which is a shame.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Devil May Cry 4 (Sanctus lets it down for me.)
tomb raider underworld & Legend
super mario 64 ds
true crime l.a.
onimusha dawn of dreams
sonic the hedgehog xbox 360
viewtiful joe (1&2)

That's just a few. I couldn't make a full list because of all the games i've got...

Meg

^ Aw, you didn't like Viewtiful Joe? That's a shame I thought the first one was fun. Playing as Dante was cool to. :)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angel;229849 said:
Dragon Age Origins, Eternal Sonata and Assassin's Creed 2.

Mass Effect 2 is fast becoming unappealing to me too - the first one was a good RPG but the second one is fast becoming another crappy shooter, which is a shame.

I know what you mean with Mass Effect 2, the story was VERY well done, and I do like my story driven games, personally I really did like the game, but not for it's gameplay, not in the slightest. The reason I liked it was for the plot and character development, aside from that, is was a crappy, half baked shooter.

And DA: O...I found that to be an alright game, but not even the story was good there, I just loved the character development, the companions really grew on me, especially Alistair.

---

As for me? Final Fantasy god damn XIII, waited years for that game to come out, expected to like it because I loved every other game up to that point (bar 11) and even dropped the extra money for a collector's edition walkthrough.
But now? I can't even bring myself to play it, I utterly hate the game, it bores me to tears, the entire battle system just makes me feel like Square Enix are patronising me, saying "It's okay, we know you can't string together competent strains of abilities, so we'll let you just hammer a button for a little while until everything dies! There there..."

I don't even like the character development, Lightning is a bitch, Snow is a tool, Hope is a whiny, angsty, emo bitch, Vanille is annoying as hell, I only actually like Sazh and Fang, and even Fang is kinda debatable.

Meg

Angelo Credo;229982 said:
As for me? Final Fantasy god damn XIII, waited years for that game to come out, expected to like it because I loved every other game up to that point (bar 11) and even dropped the extra money for a collector's edition walkthrough.
But now? I can't even bring myself to play it, I utterly hate the game, it bores me to tears, the entire battle system just makes me feel like Square Enix are patronising me, saying "It's okay, we know you can't string together competent strains of abilities, so we'll let you just hammer a button for a little while until everything dies! There there..."

I don't even like the character development, Lightning is a bitch, Snow is a tool, Hope is a whiny, angsty, emo bitch, Vanille is annoying as hell, I only actually like Sazh and Fang, and even Fang is kinda debatable.

While I completely disagree with you (with the exception of what you said about snow and vanille) i respect your opinion. Just beware of what Aka will say when he sees this. :p

Keaton

Premium
I'm on the same level as Mister Credo, FFXIII just disappointed me. Graphics were astounding but aside from that, little else really held my attention...I put 20 hours into trying to enjoy it, but alas no. Considering trading it in this weekend for Dead Space for the PS3 and maybe Super Street Fighter ^^

Another game I thought I would enjoy is Web of Shadows (Spider-Man) on the PS3. The terrible voice acting and massively repetitive missions ground me down, such a shame...I'm REALLY hoping Shattered Dimensions restores my faith! ^^

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i expected dmc2 to be the coolest game ever. i bought it as soon as i could. within days of beating dmc1 for the first time. then i played dmc2 and it was far from what i expected.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@ Angelo - My main issue with DA is that it seems hugely unfinished - like they were so keen on getting ME2 on the shelves, they rushed DA and didn't do it properly. My game is full of glitches and bugs which are too huge to be overlooked and the difficulty on Casual was on par with the higher ones in places - so much so that the first two patches BioWare released for the game were to do with difficulty issues.

Ranted over on Fable forums about it at length - think I seriously upset some BioWare fanboys in the process :lol:

Top Bottom