• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

~GameChain~

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I created this user-group so that people may come and ask our members to submit a review on games so that YOU have an idea what your buying!
Simply ask for review and we will kindly give you one, or find you one.

You request the review on the group page and it will be submited here.

I hope alot of people join. After all I don't have every freaking game ever created!:lol:

I pretty much designed this group so that alot of people could join.
So please do!
I'm sure most of you trust a fellow gamers review just as much(or more) then a reviewer on a site. Think of it this way, you'll always have a second opinion!^_^

Now common every one! I'm not gettin' any older!

Keaton

Premium
I think this is a great idea, I have been meaning to get some of my reviews posted up :D

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Yes, post your review in this thread and if you have a request post the request on the group page and it will be answered here.

You all may join!

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sounds like a good idea, may I become a part of this? I review games as a past time and I'd like to help out here if you'll allow it. ^_^

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
You may join, AngeloCredo!

To our members, go check the page, someone has requested a review of Chrono Trigger.
If none of you can find it I will but in the mean time Curse, you said that your experienced with older games. Do you think you could review it for us?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Put this pic in your signature please.

gcmember.png

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Ok, to the person who requested Chrono trigger I have not been able to find a review but I have come across player reviews/scores. I do not own this game so I found it from another source.

Proffesional reviews
---------------------------------
HonestGamers 9 / 10
Games Are Fun 10 / 10
Just RPG 93 / 100
Netjak 9.7 / 10
Videogames NZ 98 / 100
RPG Dreamers 9 / 10
VG-Force 10 / 10
Game Informer 9.2 / 10
Electronic Gaming Monthly 9.2 / 10
RPGamer 9 / 10
AllRPG 9.9 / 10
RPG Critic 9.8 /
Cubed3 9.6 / 10
Mad Gamers 9.5 / 10
RPGFan 97 / 100
GamePro 5 / 5
Nintendo Power 4.1 / 5

Considering this is a older game the scores are amazing but do take into account that is not a flashy 3D next-gen game. So if you don't like classics then don't pick it up.

Player reviews

----------------------------
Difficulty: Just Right
Time Spent: 20 to 40 Hours
"Masterpiece"
And in a way, I have to agree. There are many video games that get published each year, especially now that gaming has become mainstream. In my opinion, it is difficult to find a game these days that proves to be fun to play, as well as compelling and enjoyable. Metal Gear Solid, FFVII, and a few others have come out in the past 8 years to fill that gap. However, a decade or so ago, a game came out that had all of the essential ingredients to make a truly good game.

That game was ChronoTrigger.

To run it by with few spoilers, the game begins in a typical fantasy/RPG setting - boy lives in machine-less environment, has friends in small town, and wields sword. However, after a few early turns of events, he is whisked away to an environment similar, yet very different to his own (400 years in the past). What starts out as a "boy meets girl. boy goes back in time. boy saves girl." story soon evolves into much more, as they realize that their fantastical romp was merely the beginning. Now, instead of saving the cutie, the boy is forced to save the world. He isn't doing it on his own, however - he has friends to help him from all over the time-stream. A cave-woman, a malfunctioning robot, and even an old nemesis aid our hero as they fight the greatest battle of all times.

The graphics, with character design by manga/anime favorite Akira Toriyama (think Dr. Slump,SandLand, or the over-marketed DragonBall), are nice in this era, and were on the higher end of 2-D in 1995. From the evil Magus to the almost-too-cute-to-kill Imps that run rampant, the graphics echo the game's varied personality. Perhaps my favorite part of the game was its music. Composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, it is perhaps one of the most memorable game soundtracks ever. I often find myself singing themes from the game in my head (or out loud), although I haven't played it or listened to the soundtrack for at least two years. The sound effects are appropriate, nothing too great, but nothing too disgusting either.

The game has more replay value than a Free-Play DDR machine. Unlike all RPGs before it, where once you beat the game, the only option was to start over. Not so here. Instead, the "New Game+" option was invented. You start the game over, but every character's stats are as you had them at the end of the game. Instead of having difficulty destroying two Imps, you slaughter much of the enemies with the single goal of seeing more of the story. There is a new portal that lets you face the final boss at any point in the game, and at different points will get you different endings, from the plot-heavy to the hilarious. I have personally gotten all but two, and have loved all of them. There are also a plethora of side-quests once you are halfway through the game. After a certain point, you can go straight after the final boss, or you can do a side-quest involving each character. These can be simple tasks or heated battles. The option for all of them makes the game very appealing.

That was a lot of review, and most mindless rambling. I hope you can see that, if you can find a copy, this game is truly great. It is a title that you actually enjoy playing, and enjoy becoming a part of (my personal opinion - the reason Crono has no personality is because the designers want you - yes, you the gamer - to put yourself in his shoes, truly live the adventure). Greatest game ever? Maybe, maybe not. However, it is a damn good candidate.

User score- 10

I do not own any of this!

I hope it helps.^_^

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Due to evil Nero supporting our group and showing motivation and interest, he will so be promoted.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Yes, it will say co-owner!^_^

This is a high rank... With responsibilities!

Can you handle them? Submit one more review and I'll give it to you.^_^

I'll explain your duties via PM.

Evil Nero

Bringerofchaos;102185 said:
Yes, it will say co-owner!^_^

This is a high rank... With responsibilities!

Can you handle them? Submit one more review and I'll give it to you.^_^

I'll explain your duties via PM.

Of course I can handle them! just give me that review and i'll be there!

Top Bottom