• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Funny opinion on new Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
THE MOST AMAZING JAR JAR BINKS REFERENCE EVER!!!(dam i hate that character!)nice to know it could have been worse though:huh:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
SpawnShooter;276506 said:
THE MOST AMAZING JAR JAR BINKS REFERENCE EVER!!!(dam i hate that character!)nice to know it could have been worse though:huh:

Yeah, the first line of that article is classic!

I'm getting more annoyed every time I read that 'If Dante walked into a bar' statement. He's not going to walk into a bloody bar is he! And if he does it's in videogame land so he should look like a videogame character!!!

Meg

^ Exactly! The world Dante lives in doesn't really exist, so why should he look realistic? And if you ask me I think the new Dante would be laughed at even more. (Many people have laughed at him already so :p)

Asmodaius

It's true that the haters are the loudest indeed. And I can see that it is easier to dislike something than to give changes a chance, even if the changes are major.

Capcom wanted to co-work with Ninja Theory on this game for a reason. They wanted to try out something new. I think it's brave of them and it could turn out to be incredible. No ones know yet.

Personally, I am getting rather tired of all the hateful posts repeating themselves over and over again. I guess the phrase 'haters be hating' is indeed something that is shown on this board.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
*Drops monocle and speaks with a shaken brittish accent*

Good Lord!As if it wasn't bad already!

Also my good fellow,it's not beacuse Capcom wanted to try something new,but as mr.Inafune said,"take globalization more seriously".That's why they are going to dish out existing franchises to western developers and keep coming up wth new original IPs in Japan.Also finding poor suckers-er...fellow companies to work for them.

I hope that Japan[and we ultimatelly] get over the crisis as,apparently,it still ahs a trememndous effect.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
I think the style is punk not emo.They keep saying he's emo it's kind of funny because he's not looks like emo actually.

Punk drug junkie is the what our guy here.

Asmodaius

Devil Bane;276552 said:
*Drops monocle and speaks with a shaken brittish accent*

Good Lord!As if it wasn't bad already!

Also my good fellow,it's not beacuse Capcom wanted to try something new,but as mr.Inafune said,"take globalization more seriously".That's why they are going to dish out existing franchises to western developers and keep coming up wth new original IPs in Japan.Also finding poor suckers-er...fellow companies to work for them.

I hope that Japan[and we ultimatelly] get over the crisis as,apparently,it still ahs a trememndous effect.

Indeed it has. It saddens me to see so many raging fans over this game, and to some extend I feel like they are overreacting. It's like Capcom have taken away a part of their lives which isn't the case. The past games of the DMC series are still there! We can all still go play them and enjoy having the white-haired Dante in the red coat smashing demons. And no one can take that away from us...

Dominus

Asmodaius;276539 said:
It's true that the haters are the loudest indeed. And I can see that it is easier to dislike something than to give changes a chance, even if the changes are major.

Capcom wanted to co-work with Ninja Theory on this game for a reason. They wanted to try out something new. I think it's brave of them and it could turn out to be incredible. No ones know yet.

Personally, I am getting rather tired of all the hateful posts repeating themselves over and over again. I guess the phrase 'haters be hating' is indeed something that is shown on this board.

I think blind optimism is just as dumb. Like I said before if the game was being developed in house with this look i'd be more willing to wait and see the final product because there's some guarantee it will retain the same gameplay. But in this case its being developed by an unproven western developer. We already know this hasn't worked well so far, see Bionic Commando reboot, so given that Capcom should have maybe waited to show a trailer with some game footage, then you might expect less backlash.

But Capcom doesn't seem to give a damn about its core audience and would rather show investors they are interested in capturing a bigger market for DMC5. So they are basically whoring out an established Capcom franchise in hopes of a larger profit. I don't really blame them for this because they are a business, but It still speaks volumes to us what actually product we might get. IT probably won't be original, its gameplay will be easily accessible (and lack depth), and it will probably sell good enough in the western market.

But if I happen to be wrong about Capcom hating on their fans then maybe they should fire their PR department because as seen by their SF4 PR it sucks.

Hell this new Dante actually makes me like Nero in comparison (gad why)

Vampi

Dominus: Well put as always. Also, i will always dislike Nero. I don't hate him, no no. But he's unnecessary. Not even Meth Addicted Dante would make me like Nero since he's just a blemish on Vergil's reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom