• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

TonyRedgraveDMC

So, among a LOT of other things, I have started to work on characterizing the four horsemen of the apocalypse as demons/devils for a fanfiction I'm working on. While I still haven't decided whether I want them to be major bosses for my Devil May Cry fancharacter Morpheus, OR for them to be major bosses for Dante to fight while in the Demon Realm/Hell in a fanfiction set during Dante's time there at the end of DMC2. One way or the other, while I have my own initial ideas for each, I'd like to speak them here and see what people say.

War - I very much envision War as being heavily armored and fighting much like Vergil/Nelo Angelo/Bolverk. Perhaps with multiple different Devil Arms, and/or take turns fighting you with one of YOUR/Dante's Devil Arms at a time. I could also see mook demons getting in the way during the boss fight and something very similar to Leviathan's "kill a lot of Hell Envy and use the Red Orbs they drop to unlock the Ignuus Fatuus" to provide an opening. Special attacks: Not sure.

Pestilence - While I can't put my finger on his appearance, I surmise he would have frustrating battle antics much like Jester. All I've done so far is compiled a few mechanics from the games he could find a way to incorporate into his boss fight: Red/Blue Door/Wall Barriers, freezing (ala Cerberus) pocket dimensions filled with enemies (ala Fault) Jester's swirling energy projectiles, Jester's damage filter thing, something like the Trial of the Warrior, poison/acid (ala Leviathan's stomach) Perhaps he could operate a different combination of frustrating tactics based on his own Styles, where War has his Devil Arms.

Famine - I could very well see him siphoning orbs or items like Heart of Leviathan, draining vitality like Nevan to circumvent his own slowly dwindling health (like the same process caused by Leviathan's stomach acid, or Haywire Neo-Generator) and absorbing from your Devil Trigger gauge like Nightmare, Soul Eater, and Heart of Leviathan in order to A) Activate his own Devil Trigger which would make him stronger AND circumvent the health loss B) As an energy source for his own Quicksilver/Doppelganger rank Style and/or an energy weapon like Nightmare-β/Artemis (Nightmare-ω? Apollo/Diana?) C) All of the Above.

Death - While I can not pinpoint how to avoid the resemblance, Death would surely have visual similarities with Hell Vanguard, Sin Scissors, etc. I'm still working out details on exactly how he would fight as an individual, I strongly believe in a Devil May Cry setting that the Horsemen of Death would play the role that Nightmare/Argosax/Lost Souls Nirvana/Stairway to Heaven served in DMC1-4 and cause you to fight previously defeated bosses. Depending on whether these fights are intended for my own story and character or Dante changes things. If Morpheus fights Death, then it would merely be bosses he would have fought on his way (minus the other 3 Horsemen) but if it for Dante, the fights would be important bosses Dante has fought before... possibly even some version of Vergil/Nelo Angelo. Plot twist: Using Death's Geryon-sized demon horse, Dante might can ride it out of Hell and perhaps attempt to bring Vergil with him. Results up for discussion.

So what do you think? I appreciate any real feedback, for the last few weeks the details surrounding possible appearances by the Horsemen in Devil May Cry's universe have been swirling in my head, and considering I am already piecing together a Devil May Cry fanfiction, it was inevitable.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Seems like some pretty good ideas on boss fights.

Perhaps War's special attack could summon an "army" to fight with him. (Thinking something along the lines of KH2's 1000 heartless battle) Just a whole lot of low level demons. Wars are fought with armies after all...I suppose.

For Pestilence you could do something along the lines of Supernatural (TV show) where he's just a sickly looking guy who leaves a trail of nasty goo where ever he goes. I guess you could get stuck or poisoned by said goo.

Supernatural also had a really awesome version of Death, I suggest you check it out if you need inspiration.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Seems like some pretty good ideas on boss fights.

Perhaps War's special attack could summon an "army" to fight with him. (Thinking something along the lines of KH2's 1000 heartless battle) Just a whole lot of low level demons. Wars are fought with armies after all...I suppose.

For Pestilence you could do something along the lines of Supernatural (TV show) where he's just a sickly looking guy who leaves a trail of nasty goo where ever he goes. I guess you could get stuck or poisoned by said goo.

Supernatural also had a really awesome version of Death, I suggest you check it out if you need inspiration.
Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions. Part of me even feels like they could be final bosses one way or another and War be an embodiment of the "goddess of time and space" statue, but that may be too iffy. If I implement the "army" thing, I expect their blood (Red Orbs) to be used against War. I do watch Supernatural, all 9 seasons to date. I can see Pestilence being a combination of Hell Gluttony, Envy, and Jester, while occasionally making parts of the ground poisonous or have freezing properties like Cerberus' ice breath.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
No problem. Happy to help. =) There's also the after credits scene of X-men: Days of Future Past. I'm not familiar with the comics but maybe you could check it out.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Oh, Apocalypse's "horsemen". They have next to nothing to do with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. While their battle styles are one thing, I definitely need help deciding on their roles in the story. Considering the apocalypse progresses as each of 7 seals are "broken", there could be similar Key Items that lead to their boss chambers. Generally though I just know they will be VERY high level demons or devils and as far as their attitudes go, they should match their named attributes: War would be an honorable warrior (like Nelo Angelo) Pestilence would be malicious and trickster-like, Famine would be depressing and nihilistic, Death would be mostly silent and to-the-point. Still not sure WHY they would become relevant enemies, or HOW, but that's just the next part of the process.

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ah, I see. Well like I said, I'm not familiar with the comics, I only know X-men through the movies. *cringe* XD
As for why the Horsemen might become enemies... I'm not sure. Only you know your story, so it's something only you could come up with.

Top Bottom