• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

+ for the environment and story

Gorbashou

Literally the one thing that made me itch to want to buy this game, when Dante gets into Limbo... epic. I've always loved abstract environments and Ninja Theory did a damn good job on that.

The actual story arc is pretty interesting, the arc that is and not the characters and their personalisation. I like how it's about demons governing and ruling over the oblivious mankind and using us as they please. It's a really nice setup for a story.

Name a few things you thought was really good in this game, like, SSSensationally good.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Level design was awesome in this game, almost every environment looks unique and I really loved some of the curve ball levels like the car escape mission, or the mission where Dante helps Kat escape during the raid.

I liked the enemy design as well, they all felt very organic and seemed like they fit this world.

Combat was just really fun, true it's not as complex as the old games like DMC3 and 4 but it's still just really fun to play with and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I liked the story, it was a little generic and the plot twist was expected but it's a story that is rarely seen in the video game world. I also liked Dante and Vergil's respective character arcs. A lot of folks complain that Dante is a douche and at the beginning he is because he is supposed to be, he grows up a fair bit during the game and has a nice arc.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It's feel. It was like an action movie but with an actual good plot. It took itself seriously as a story, but was also able to have a little fun with it as well. Just as a DMC game should be like.

Gorbashou

The gameplay was fun, but I never saw any faults in the gameplay of previous DMC games. It was like, the best thing about the whole series, the one aspect that was simple, but still had a ton of complexity for those willing to go those lengths. It's really fun to hack'n'slash this way, kinda sad I won't be hack'n'slashing good ol' DMC style though. :/

The plot twist could be seen from a mile away though.
*Last mission spoilers ahead*(should be a given that there will be though)
I very much disliked how Dante and Vergil faced off in the last mission. How Dante got all upset and it felt like he completely misunderstood Vergils intentions. Worst way to start a battle, then again, it didn't feel like much of a battle either. Like, Vergil gave me a free win with his stance going like "Are you ready? I'll attack now... *attacks*" all the time.
*end of spoilers*

Gotta be honest with one thing, I thought the new Dante looks really sleek while in combat, like a real badass. He just needs to wash his mouth and be more witty and he's another epic character imo.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Gotta be honest with one thing, I thought the new Dante looks really sleek while in combat, like a real badass. He just needs to wash his mouth and be more witty and he's another epic character imo.

I was actually surprised at how foul his mouth was in the game. It never really bothered me since he is such a young brash character and my mouth was never really that clean when I was a bit younger. I think in a potential sequel we will see him slowly become less of a punk and closer to someone like DMC1 Dante.

Gorbashou

I was actually surprised at how foul his mouth was in the game. It never really bothered me since he is such a young brash character and my mouth was never really that clean when I was a bit younger. I think in a potential sequel we will see him slowly become less of a punk and closer to someone like DMC1 Dante.

But DMC3 Dante was a punk as well, he didn't need to barrage everyone with profanities, he could just be taunting and witty like that instead.
His profanities makes his jokes more dry and his style so much more repelling imo... D=

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
But DMC3 Dante was a punk as well, he didn't need to barrage everyone with profanities, he could just be taunting and witty like that instead.
His profanities makes his jokes more dry and his style so much more repelling imo... D=
Personally I never considered DMC3 Dante to be a punk at all, he seemed to have little in common at all with any of the actual punk people I know. To me he just seemed like a younger Version of DMC1 Dante. DmC Dante has a little more in common with a lot of the graffiti punks I know in real life, and they can be very foul mouthed, still not like this guy though. I actually wish they had made him a tad bit more punk in this one.

Top Bottom