• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

First Pregnancy Test

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Okay so here goes with the news. I'm twenty years of age, my girlfriend is twenty next month also. We've both been wanting a baby recently, as some of you are aware. However, the first time I believed she was pregnant she actually wasn't. I was rather upset because I'd built my hopes up quite a bit. However, she knew she wasn't more so that time because she hadn't felt that many symptoms indicating that she was. I just wanted to ignore her 'negativity' because I was doubting whether it was what she really wanted with me, but then I realised I was just being a bit of a jerk. I only acted that way really because it was what I wanted myself, and I thought that she must do herself so I didn't know why she was saying it probably wasn't. Turns out the reason could of been due to the fact that the pill was still in her system. She hadn't been off from it for very long.

Anyway, last month went a lot better. This technically being the first month that we were properly trying for a baby. She hadn't taken the pill for over a month at this point, because she technically stopped taking it the month before then (But like I said, it was still in her body in a sense).

But I'm rambling. The reason last month went a lot better is for the following reason. Some of you may be aware that I've been saying "My girlfriend isn't giving me much attention recently". Or that "My girlfriend has been feeling sick lately". Well a week and a half ago, she started explaining these symptoms that pointed to pregnancy. Instantly thinking we couldn't possibly get so lucky so quickly, I drew up negative comments. We both got to the point in saying that it probably wasn't that, and that she was just sick for some reason. The sickness got worse and she went to the doctor's. The first thing they told her to do was to take a pregnancy test. Money was scarce that day, I couldn't go and buy one. The next day I could however, so I did so after work.

Leaving work at 6pm I went to the supermarket and brought a 'First Response' pregnancy test. To my knowledge there are two types of pregnancy tests. Ones that have lines and ones that simply say "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant". She wanted the lined pregnancy test, because she didn't want to read it saying "Not Pregnant". If you don't know what the lined one means it's simply this; if you get one line you're not pregnant, if you get two lines or one line and a slightly faded line then you're pregnant.

I arrived at her house, we had dinner (It was pizza, so yey) And then after a few hours she needed to go to the toilet. So she took the pregnancy test. My heart was in my mouth, but I'm sure she felt more nervous than me. Eventually she came back in, nervously clutching the test in her hands. She placed it on her bedside table, it was too dark to make out at first. She told me that after you take one, you have to wait a minute or so to see the result. I already knew this, and it hadn't been a minute. I could see one line only, she told me she could see two. We turned the bedside light on, and it confirmed that there was actually only one line like I had said. This made me think that it was just one line, she wasn't pregnant. I would of been disappointed, but I hadn't been getting my hopes up so it would of helped with the sadness if she really wasn't pregnant.

But then a break through. Whilst watching the test hoping that another line would show up, something slowly became visible. Much to our joy and relief, a second line was slowly appearing (It hadn't been a minute yet) it was faint at first, almost insignificant in comparison to the original line that was bright and vivid. In due time, as the minute grew longer, so did the brightest of the second line. Eventually after the minute was up, in disbelief we were both staring at the pregnancy test thinking that it was wrong or something. We couldn't believe our luck, we were so happy and pleased, overwhelmed and overjoyed. It was one of the best days of our lives.

My question however is this. How accurate are pregnancy tests? This one said above 99% accurate (In other words it's basically right, but they can never put 100% on anything) Also, can you ultimately trust the first pregnancy test? They say that you have to take two pregnancy tests. The first one said she was pregnant. She's going to take the second test on Tuesday.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
In my experience you CAN get a dud test, they are just factory made things and some are broken; if she goes to the family planning clinic she can get as many tests as she wants for free.

But they are usually right.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Always take a second test to make sure as they arent 100% accurate (like everything) and always that chance they are wrong. They pick up certain hormones in urine to get the result and the body can release certain ones that the test picks up that can mean it shows as Pregnant when the person isnt.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what happens when she takes her second pregnancy test on Tuesday. Fingers crossed though that it comes up positive. Thanks for the feedback.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^^ Thank you Ebony =)

^ I...don't know what you're talking about *Has edited post* I know, she changed her mind and wanted to do on Tuesday instead. I think it's rushing it a bit early, but it's up to her.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL!!! I used the same brand for my pregnancies, and when mine threw out 2 lines I actually shook it, thinking there must be a malfunction with it, but they've been 100% accurate with me every time. That includes the times when I wasn't pregnant as well, so i can vouch that you guys are highly likely preggers. When she does the next test, have her drink a glass of water the night before she goes to bed, and do the test first thing Tuesday morning. Sounds gross but first wee of the day carries the hormones stronger if you're pregnant. And the second line will be much clearer and show up quicker too. There is a 000.0000001% chance that I'm wrong....but I'm never wrong ;) so, I'll take this moment to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Come chat to us when the shock wears off and panic sets in =)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks everyone =)

Well, yesterday my girlfriend took her second pregnancy test and I can confirm the result. It was positive, she got two lines again. I'm going to be a daddy =) The baby is due in March, the same month as my birthday. It'd be funny if it was born on the same day as me, and sweet ^^

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
YAY! Congratulations man you've just made an actual bloody person! How trippy is that?

But seriously, glad to hear it was positive im really happy for ya. :D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
YAY! Congratulations man you've just made an actual bloody person! How trippy is that?

But seriously, glad to hear it was positive im really happy for ya. :D

Thanks a lot Andy =) I know man, I made another person. And this human being will grow up with respect and manners. If it's a girl we're calling it Chloe-Sofia Moore. And if it's a boy we're calling it Damien Thomas Moore.

Aww LoD, congratulations
1775465354wan.gif

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Aww LoD, congratulations
1775465354wan.gif

Thank you Drakkar, I appreciate it a lot =) We're hoping that it's a baby girl, but it's still too early to tell as of yet. I'll let everyone know more news as it develops.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Thanks a lot Andy =) I know man, I made another person. And this human being will grow up with respect and manners. If it's a girl we're calling it Chloe-Sofia Moore. And if it's a boy we're calling it Damien Thomas Moore.
Oh you've got one already sorry lol I guess the whole playing to the initial realisation doesn't work quite so well. Im not very good at keeping up with...well everything.:oops:
I like the choice of names as well especially Chloe.

Top Bottom