• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally : DMC5 Comfermed

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Look at the Genre in the details in this site [Link]
"this is the site that they told it about the western thing".

Acción = Action
Aventura = Adventure
Shooter <<< WTF is that??

DMC never been a shooter game before , is that what they call a "Western touch"?

Will it be a TPS game or what??????????

why in the hill did capcom let another studio develop their best franchise ?

moseslmpg

DMC has never really been an adventure game either. The shooter thing would just be referring to the fact that you shoot things.

I don't count this as official confirmation. This is just common sense. Confirmation is an official Capcom press release or a teaser trailer.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Expectations have hit DMC2 level, folks.

Don't get me wrong, I still love DMC2 equally to the others. But for other people... Yeah, you get the picture.

Meg

Wow. Am I really the only one excited about a "western touch?" We don't yet know what this means. I could very well mean that DMC5 will be darker and grittier than DMC4, which to me would be great because 4 was to pretty. The presentation was to Final Fantasy for me.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
No meg, you aren't the only one who's excited about it. I loved DMC4 to death, but...I like DMC1 better as far as environment and darkness go. And western touch doesn't mean it's necessarily going to be more action and less of everything else. That's insulting. Western Devs have made plenty of GREAT games. For all any of you know, this could be the very thing that DMC NEEDS.

moseslmpg

Woah, I just read this entire thread, and there are some seriously dumb posts. Like I could knock myself out from the magnitude of the facepalming that these posts evoke. I might even be able to knock someone out if they were standing behind me. I'm not going to name names, but (some of) you people should be ashamed of yourselves for submitting to such baseless hysteria.

RE became Gears? MGS becam GRAW? WTF is this the twilight zone or something? Where's that guy that does the intro? He's cool.

And Dante being ignored? Yeah, I guess 4 games and an anime and manga and novel and comic is downright negligent of Capcom, those stingy bastards. /SARCASM Maybe they should just have DMC5 be a game where all other characters are dead, and Dante just pleasures himself while admiring his reflection in a mirror, since he is so awesome. /Half Sarcasm.

This may be a little late, but let me just say: calm the hell down. This is Inafune, this isn't even an official press release. We don't even know what westernized means. Calm down.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
moseslmpg;270388 said:
And Dante being ignored? Yeah, I guess 4 games and an anime and manga and novel and comic is downright negligent of Capcom, those stingy bastards. /SARCASM Maybe they should just have DMC5 be a game where all other characters are dead, and Dante just pleasures himself while admiring his reflection in a mirror, since he is so awesome. /Half Sarcasm.

I was actually referring to Dante being ignored in threads on the forums. As in relation to how many "Nero is actually Vergil's son, because I said so" threads, he has hardly been touched upon. I never actually said he was ignored by Capcom. I stated they were going on what fans wanted. And if that were the case, judging by those threads here, it would be something stupid like getting rid of Dante.

Try to read my comment before jumping down my throat. I've had a busy day, and I don't need trolls.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Before this thread turns ugly...I MUST say one thing.

Everyone should be happy that the game is even being made.

This could answer all of the questions. It could tie up the loose ends. It could be the most stylish, yet perfectly dark game yet. JUST because it's been handed to Western Devs doesn't mean it's going to be a pile of wasted time and money. Have FAITH in what the West can do with this game. Just because we made God of War and that's our flagship Hack'n'Slash doesn't mean we're going to automatically turn DMC5 into that.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
meg127;270375 said:
Wow. Am I really the only one excited about a "western touch?" We don't yet know what this means. I could very well mean that DMC5 will be darker and grittier than DMC4, which to me would be great because 4 was to pretty. The presentation was to Final Fantasy for me.

I hope they make it darker than DMC4 , I mean DMC1/2/3 were Dark and makes me feel something special when i am playing them , but DMC4 it didn't gives me the same feeling.

I didn't say it's not a good game NO WAY , it's great as an amazing gameplay,story and it has a great environment too but it wasn't as dark as the previous 3 games.

Meg

Hurray I have support. While moses here put it very bluntly. I do agree with what he meant. Calming down is a joly thing I think we all need to do. And just be happy the game is being made like Blue Devil said.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have to agree with BD. We've been waiting so long for a word of DMC5 and now that there seems to be some substance behind the rumours that there WILL be a DMC5, I think we should just take a seat and savour the happies that Capcom hasn't called it quits on the DMC franchise.

Angelo Credo;270324 said:
Meh, while I like the series, DMC has a storyline with the depth of a tea-spoon and is about as clichéd as all hell get out, believe me, I've been engaged in enough of the Nero is Vergil's son debates that if I ever seen that comparison crop up again, I might just kill someone.

Primarily because I believe the theory to be the biggest cop-out answer that Capcom could possibly go for and would be the final nail in the "story" of DMC.
But that's a discussion for another thread.

Damn! I should have come read this thread before I posted mine up. Sorry! :( Please don't kill me!

Good grief it seems I have a vibe about me today that's just treading on everyone's toes. For everyone that I have offended and angered and hurt so far today, I'm really, REALLY sorry, I don't mean to. I think now is a good time for me to call it a day on the forums and back off.

moseslmpg

Hmm, I didn't expect any support. I had already rolled up into my defensive armadillo position...I'm going to remain wary >_>

LOD: I'm not going to argue specific points (there's no point :p), but a general rule for future online interaction:
Troll unto others as you would have them troll unto you, i.e. don't start nothing and there won't be nothing. Of course, I wasn't trolling under any definition of the term.

Anyway back on topic: I think that this is no cause for alarm, and may actually be some cause for rejoicing. DMC4 was arguably the least "westernized" of the DMC games in that it was basically a shonen anime in game form. DMC has been "westernized" from the beginning, with its focus on action, stylishness, guns and explosions and all that crazy stuff we Americans like. If that is what Inafune means, then we have nothing to fear. Even if it isn't what he means, he isn't working on the game anyway.

I for one am heartened by the possibility that Capcom might start paying attention to their Western fans when it comes to development. Yes, there is some disagreement among fans, and DMC4 has poisoned the well in some sense, but Capcom is not obligated to put every suggestion into the game. It will be fine. It can't possibly be worse than DMC2 or as much of an incomplete non-sequitur as DMC4.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
moses: you should name and shame. Godness knows it'll boost your already huge ego, Because no doubt you were referring to me too.

Acutally, a few ppl have pointed out that there aren't many new threads about Dante.

As long as they don't stick in videos where you have to push buttons to avoid stuff like in Tomb Raider.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I don't want it to be Nero ONLY, but I would like a lot of the focus to be on Nero. Crap, I would be happy if Nero even had only a third of the game...as long as they EXPLAIN him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom