• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally Devil May Cry 4 Demo for PC

Sparda™

The PS3 and X360 have limited graphics card, RAM and processing units. PC's not lacking them. Just upgrade your PC with a Quad Core 2 Intel, two 512 MB of 8800 GT Nvidia Video Cards, 4 GB of RAM, and you can play anything.....like I do...:D

slapsus

i have Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4 ghz, 8800GT 512 DDR3, 2 gb ram, directx 9.0c and it runs perfectly at 120-140 fps with everyting maxed out and 1280 res :cool:

Vergilissexy;94330 said:
Why? Is there something speacial about the PC version?

except better graphics configuration, it also has 2 new modes, extra content, and TURBO mode ^^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
slapsus;94368 said:
i have Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4 ghz, 8800GT 512 DDR3, 2 gb ram, directx 9.0c and it runs perfectly at 120-140 fps with everyting maxed out and 1280 res :cool:

except better graphics configuration, it also has 2 new modes, extra content, and TURBO mode ^^

Extra content?! As in new cut-scenes and/or pictures?!

Nsis

Works great and looks great on sweet 60FPS average [limited by me, without it its around 70-90 or higer] on DX10.
E6750
Vista 32 bit
Geforce 8800GTS
2gb ram

Will it work better on 9DX? Is there any noticeable difference?

The demo is kinda messed up don't you think? I cant play with VSYNC beacuse it reduce [I have no idea why] the FPS to about 30 [which makes the game slow and DMC is all about speed], and the controls are just, well, bad. If you have an X360 controls [which I don't have already sadly], then you will have a great time, but without it you will never be able to play properly [looks like I will need to get a new one, just for one game].

By the way is it just me or is it really hard? I die all the time. Don't know if its the controls and I never was that good in DMC, but I was able to finish DMC 3 on normal, so I should be able to finish the demo right?

slapsus

Nsis, with my config and Dx 9.0c it runs perfectly as i posted above, about 120-150 fps constant.(so you shouldn't have a problem :cool:)

There is no noticable difference between Dx9, and Dx10 versions... with Dx9 and high settings it will look exactly like the console version, maybe even a little better.

And if you want to play it at higher speeds, play it on Dx9 and XP... the RAM requirements are lower for XP :p

As for extra content I'm not sure, capcom hasn't stated... we'll w8 and see ;)

Phirotic

It doesn't work :(
4fa5dsfada.jpg

Lady_

Order Of R.L.C.
hehe... I downloaded it, thats the good point.
The bad one... I need to update my graphic card.
This is the only one that lacks me to play that demo...
I think Im gonna buy two of the gForce 8600, if your graphic card is worse as 512 mb, it just wont run...

logokas

Demo impressions:

Great work on PC visual enhancing.
Great work on PC controls. Apparently you can also control the camera placement with a set of keys, which is a welcomed feature by everyone, i bet.
Good work on Gamepad controls, but the launcher configurer was buggy under Vista( Server 2008 x64, to be exact ), making the mouse go crazy, and the control schemes available there are absolutely confusing. Other than that, configuring the gamepad inside the game works perfectly fine, although you're a bit limited if you're using a PS2 like gamepad, like, for example, mine, a Speedlink ThunderStrike.

I encountered some problems when playing the game that resulted in giving me an error too, but not too often and i suspect my Windows XP SP3 installation may very well be the cause of it. The rest of you who can't run the game, you might either have a hardware issue ( a non SSE2 CPU, like an old Pentium 3 perhaps, or a graphics card that lacks Shader Model 2, or 3, i forgot which one is required as a minimum. It can also be that your windows installation is messed up by spyware/viruses or some other software.

The demo is playable on just about any computer out there that have the required hardware capabilities ( Shader model, a more recent CPU that supports SSE2 instructions at a minimum ), because you can literally go to 640x480 resolution, and as blocky as it is, the gameplay will make you forget about it, and you can still enjoy the game.

I will be posting a video soon, on Youtube and possibly as a regular download aswell, as soon as i can beat the demo in 10 minutes and with Turbo mode.

slapsus

Lady_;94399 said:
hehe... I downloaded it, thats the good point.
The bad one... I need to update my graphic card.
This is the only one that lacks me to play that demo...
I think Im gonna buy two of the gForce 8600, if your graphic card is worse as 512 mb, it just wont run...

buy an 8800gt... it's cheaper and better than 2x 8600gt ;)

Lady_

Order Of R.L.C.
Dante Aseroth, you really need that much? Even Crysis runs with 3 gb ddr2ram and GeForce 8800 GTS. (And 3 - 4 ghz, I have 3)

Top Bottom