• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new Devil May Cry 4 character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysander

Re: Finally. Capcom confirms Nero as a new character.

Mundus;6065 said:
Well, Capcom did say hes not Vergil, so theres your proof! Im pretty sure they wouldnt lie about something like that. Besides, he is after all, alot younger than both Dante and Vergil.

Have they said this specifically? I haven't seen this, unless I misread something. They call him a 'new protagonist', but I haven't read it saying 'Nero isn't Vergil'. You got a link to something? That'd put all this to rest :)

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

Mundus;6065 said:
Well, Capcom did say hes not Vergil, so theres your proof! Im pretty sure they wouldnt lie about something like that. Besides, he is after all, alot younger than both Dante and Vergil.

Link please.

Mundus

Anyone here using their brain for crying out loud! THINK ABOUT IT! Nero is not Vergil, he is younger, and not to mention he doesnt look like Dante, and from what I remeber, Vergil and Dante are identical twins! And after all, he is human or so I have heard.
"Devil May Cry 4 will feature a new lead in the form of Nero, a new character." http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730818p1.html
Perphaps Capcom wants everyone to think that Nero is Nelo/Vergil with the white hair the long jacket and the sword, and if so they are doing a good job by the looks of it. Im pretty sure they wouldnt say that Nero isnt Vergil and then pull one of these:

"Oh we lied! HAHAHAHA!" -Love Capcom

Maybe Vergil is still Nelo Angelo ( At least thats what I think after seeing something that resembles Nelo Angelo in one of the DMC4 Concept arts http://gallery.devilmaycry.org/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=5&pos=-388 ), but I dont know. I do know that Nelo is not Nero. And if there is anyone here who can convince me to think otherwise, please do so!

-Thanks!

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

I'm not saying he is Vergil, but your argument holds no water. You give me a reason as to why they named him Nero, which just happens to very similar to something we all know of. Why name him Nero? Why not Johnny or Bob? And where does Capcom say specifically "Nero is not Vergil"?

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Nero is a new character...............dont u get it??
i knew all the time

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

I bet you do. Learn to spell and type right and then we'll talk.

Chrysander

Mundus;6071 said:
Anyone here using their brain for crying out loud! THINK ABOUT IT! Nero is not Vergil, he is younger, and not to mention he doesnt look like Dante, and from what I remeber, Vergil and Dante are identical twins! And after all, he is human or so I have heard.
"Devil May Cry 4 will feature a new lead in the form of Nero, a new character." http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730818p1.html
Perphaps Capcom wants everyone to think that Nero is Nelo/Vergil with the white hair the long jacket and the sword, and if so they are doing a good job by the looks of it. Im pretty sure they wouldnt say that Nero isnt Vergil and then pull one of these:

"Oh we lied! HAHAHAHA!" -Love Capcom

Maybe Vergil is still Nelo Angelo ( At least thats what I think after seeing something that resembles Nelo Angelo in one of the DMC4 Concept arts http://gallery.devilmaycry.org/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=5&pos=-388 ), but I dont know. I do know that Nelo is not Nero. And if there is anyone here who can convince me to think otherwise, please do so!

-Thanks!

Yeah, it doesn't say 'Nero is not Vergil'. I agree that by saying that he's a new character, that it can't be Vergil, as he's an old character. However, that's just IGN saying that, it wasn't a direct quote from Capcom, so I just ttake that as IGN's interpretation of the info they have so far.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

KingJordan;6090 said:
I bet you do. Learn to spell and type right and then we'll talk.

hhhmmmm................if u say so:$

Mundus

After some research, I have found the following.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First DMC4 details from Game Informer:

"Nero is NOT a son of Sparda and has no demonic transformation (per se), but does have the demonic posssessed arm.

Something special about the grip of the Red Queen, nero's blade, that Kobayashi won't reveal yet. It has some sort of brake lever which does something...

Variel, the fiery demon boss you've seen is about the size of a small building, and just being near other structures, will cause them to catch on fire, so getting anywhere near close to him is a no-no

Nero, won't have a devil trigger, with the key word being 'Devil'. Some other kind of trigger?

Nero lives on the remote island of fortuna which is the setting for most of the game. He belongs to an order that worships Sparda and fight demons in his name. Nero does "Special jobs" for the order cleaning up "messy situtations".

That ends when a white-haired man in a long red coat breaks into the order's temple and starts slaying the high clergy. "Just because Nero's in the game, doesn't mean Dante isn't. Dante does appear.", Kobayashi admits.

In the ensuing cutscene, we witness a heated battle between the two demon hunters that includes all of the stylish sword swinging and acrobatic action one could hope for.

Dante, at first is the primary antagonist that Nero chases across Fortuna. Dante being playable is neither confirmed nor denied. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that straightens everything up. The only thing left to say is...

OWNED

There are also some talks of online gameplay! So excited. :lol:

Posted this in the wrong thread, feel a bit stupid! :p

Crimson Lucy

Lol . .dont tell them anything. Let them be broken hearted when they realize Nero is NOT Vergil.

Capcom is sticking their neck out on this one. They would get SO MANY MORE FANS if Nero was in fact Vergil, so why would they lie?

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

Anybody ever thought about Vergil being the thing that possesed Nero's arm? I probably couldn't give less of a **** who he was, so I who exactly did you own?

Mundus

It was nothing more than a finishing touch for my post. :D I apologize if you took it the wrong way, and yes I have considered that it could be Vergil who possesed Nero's arm but thats nothing more than a guess, we will find out soon eh? PS3's launch date is in November, and DMC4 will be released soon after. I said it once and I will say it again, there are rumors of Online play in DMC4, but these are nothing more than that, rumors.

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

New info about DMC 4:
The game will start off easier than DMC3 but eventually become as challenging and even harder as the game goes onward.

+ There is more emphasis on air - based combat.

+ Online functionality is planned for the game, Kobayashi (the producer) wants to have online co-op, but says "the intensive gameplay and graphical elements running at 60 fps would be too difficult with multiple fighters on screen." Although he makes certain to note it's something they will look into with the year left of development they have left.

+ The main character is Nero, although Dante is a big part of the story. Through the perspective you play as, Dante is seen as the villian.

+ Kobayashi says that Sony of Japan wanted them to release Devil May Cry 4 as soon as possible to launch, but he says that "Sony wants the game close to launch because of the name -devil may cry-, fans want it close to launch to play because of the name -devil may cry-, but we at Capcom will not release it until its ready, because of the name -devil may cry-, we want to live up to the name and quality. We have about a year of development left." [expected release, December 2007/January 2008]

+ We plan on using the tilt function.

+ Nero has the devil bringer ability, this allows him to grapple onto enemies, pull them away, launch them, and bring them closer. He says, the devil bringer + devil attacks + use of guns and weapons in combination of themselves will bring unparralled levels of combat to the PS3.

+ The game uses shaders, self-shadowing, and various other graphical tricks with full 4X anti-aliasing at 60 fps.

+ Gameinformer says they witnessed one cutscene in which Nero and Dante confronted each other, the article says (roughly) "expect all the acrobotic, gun toting / sword wielding martial art goodness you can think of."

+Kobayashi also said Nero's weapon works in a special way. Very much like a motorcycle (how you can rev the engine etc.) the Red-Queen's handle is like that of a motorcylce, he says it's a surprise on how this affects combat with the main blade so look foward to testing it out at TGS!

Chrysander

Mundus;6138 said:
After some research, I have found the following.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First DMC4 details from Game Informer:

"Nero is NOT a son of Sparda and has no demonic transformation (per se), but does have the demonic posssessed arm.

Something special about the grip of the Red Queen, nero's blade, that Kobayashi won't reveal yet. It has some sort of brake lever which does something...

Variel, the fiery demon boss you've seen is about the size of a small building, and just being near other structures, will cause them to catch on fire, so getting anywhere near close to him is a no-no

Nero, won't have a devil trigger, with the key word being 'Devil'. Some other kind of trigger?

Nero lives on the remote island of fortuna which is the setting for most of the game. He belongs to an order that worships Sparda and fight demons in his name. Nero does "Special jobs" for the order cleaning up "messy situtations".

That ends when a white-haired man in a long red coat breaks into the order's temple and starts slaying the high clergy. "Just because Nero's in the game, doesn't mean Dante isn't. Dante does appear.", Kobayashi admits.

In the ensuing cutscene, we witness a heated battle between the two demon hunters that includes all of the stylish sword swinging and acrobatic action one could hope for.

Dante, at first is the primary antagonist that Nero chases across Fortuna. Dante being playable is neither confirmed nor denied. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that straightens everything up. The only thing left to say is...

OWNED

There are also some talks of online gameplay! So excited. :lol:

Posted this in the wrong thread, feel a bit stupid! :p

Did Game Informer quote Capcom on that, or are they just assuming based on the screenshots? Most people aren't saying it is vergil, they're saying they're not sure, and if they haven't seen an article stating that he's not Vergil, why would they be sure that it's not Vergil? If this article is correct, cool.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

Hmmm...Neronot being a son of sparda breaks my heart....but I'd love to see that Dante has finally found someone except Vergil who can kick his ass ^_^

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

If Nero isn't Vergil or at least posseses by Vergil, Dante is gonna wipe the floor with his pretty boy ass.

Crimson Lucy

KingJordan;6186 said:
If Nero isn't Vergil or at least posseses by Vergil, Dante is gonna wipe the floor with his pretty boy ass.

And yet somehow Nero is the main character, and they never seem to lose.

Idea = FAILED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom