• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is Now In 100% Development

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
Every year, gamers cross their fingers in hopes of a Final Fantasy Versus XIII release date, but are disappointed when it is pushed back. Perhaps next year, that will no longer be the case.
At yesterday’s Fan Meeting, Yoshinori Kitase says confirmed to fans that the long awaited RPG is in full development

Type-0 and Versus XIII have of course advanced to 100% development power.
Due to the knowledge gained from developing Final Fantasy XIII, the team was able to develop XIII-2 in shorter time, thus why it is releasing before Versus, which is been in development since 2006. Unfortunately, Versus will not appear at Tokyo Game Show this year, but Tetsuya Nomura says that the next reveal has been set.
Final Fantasy Type-0 will be released on the PSP next month in Japan and XIII-2 will be released in December for Japan and January for North America.

http://igogaming.net/2011/09/10/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-is-now-in-100-development/

Kammosjuttu

Oh, I thought everyone knew this already? At least it's old news to me.
But I can say that I am glad that the Versus is going to be done; it has seemed interesting from the start. Yet what comes to that other title, I've not even done any research about it, since it hasn't grabbed my attention for some reason. Maybe I will warm up to it later on, who knows.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Oh, I thought everyone knew this already? At least it's old news to me.
But I can say that I am glad that the Versus is going to be done; it has seemed interesting from the start. Yet what comes to that other title, I've not even done any research about it, since it hasn't grabbed my attention for some reason. Maybe I will warm up to it later on, who knows.
If you like KH, then you prolly love Versus XIII (I know I already do...maybe I'll go back to bein Noctis for my avi...)

Kammosjuttu

If you like KH, then you prolly love Versus XIII (I know I already do...maybe I'll go back to bein Noctis for my avi...)

Sure I like KH; it was my very first PS2 game I have ever played. And Versus has been interesting from the start.
It's that Type-0 I haven't just figured out yet; should I be excited or not. Right now I'm maybe fifty-fifty about it; time shows do I want it or not. FFs usually are nice to play, so... we'll see.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Sure I like KH; it was my very first PS2 game I have ever played. And Versus has been interesting from the start.
It's that Type-0 I haven't just figured out yet; should I be excited or not. Right now I'm maybe fifty-fifty about it; time shows do I want it or not. FFs usually are nice to play, so... we'll see.
I wasn't aware S.E. changed the name (or did they?) but now I'm annoyed cuz I just found out that it releases tomorrow -.-* http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Agito_XIII

Kammosjuttu

I wasn't aware S.E. changed the name (or did they?) but now I'm annoyed cuz I just found out that it releases tomorrow -.-* http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Agito_XIII

Yeah, names change; I was aware of that, but I never understood why see the trouble of changing it in the end. But anyway, it had been planned to be a cellphone game at first, so... to put some distance there is a popular guess. I think I will wait and see what other people say about the game and how fan posted play videos seem before deciding on it is it worth to get --- after all, I already have a stack of unfinished games laying around and some titles I'm really excited about are waiting to be released rather soon. xD But I'm keeping my mind open about this.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
So if I try to play FF type zero, I must learn Japanese. Crap. I propably lend copy when it comes to my cousin, who knows Japanese. She could translate for me story and game mechanics

Kammosjuttu

So if I try to play FF type zero, I must learn Japanese. Crap. I propably lend copy when it comes to my cousin, who knows Japanese. She could translate for me story and game mechanics

If nothing else, game mechanics are very easy to learn. Mostly they are using either English or then loan words written in katakana, which means that if you have a katakana chart and English skills, you will understand it good enough (and the some standard words like "return", "yes", "no" and so on can be memorized quickly enough). But the story, of course, is another thing if one can't understand even a word of Japanese... but good luck with that; you have a cousin to help you! I'd love to have someone who could help me if I'm stuck, but I don't have anyone, so I must just push forwards with only my own strenght.

lorddemolatron

Premium
As well, I preordered whole set of this game, so Im getting content. Thank to god that i don't selled my Jap region silver PSP, what have Dissidia artwork on back. Time to buy new mem cards to it and wait for pack to ship for me :)

Kammosjuttu

As well, I preordered whole set of this game, so Im getting content. Thank to god that i don't selled my Jap region silver PSP, what have Dissidia artwork on back. Time to buy new mem cards to it and wait for pack to ship for me :)

Wow, quick decision! (Or maybe not, if you've been having this thought in your brain for a long time before this discussion).
What comes to PSP, it's great that wherever you buy the console, it'll be compatible with all UMDs around the world; I have European PSP and it happily plays me all Japanese games I buy. And now I am reminded that I have to buy a new memory card; I've finally filled up my previous one.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Kingdom Hearts 2 was one of the first games that made me feel Godly towards the end of the game, and it always has a place on my shelf. I cant wait to get this game

Kammosjuttu

I've only played 3 KH games in total; the first one, the second one and The Chain of Memories (ah, my good ol' GBA SP is still working, but it eats all energy charged in it so quickly, that it's practically in a state of needing to be plugged to the wall when playing). I still play all of 'em occasionally and like them. I'm in the means of getting the KH 3D game when it gets published around here (the date was pushed back, blerg) and I'm expecting it to freshen my memories about the earlier KHs and be nice --- KH is my first PS2 series I've played (it's so nostalgic) and with it I learned how to use games... and also English. When playing it I didn't know even a word of English and I, desperate to understand, kept pausing the screen, write the subtitles up on paper and try to either solve what it meant by myself or then show it to someone else. More often than not my translations back then were dead wrong, lol. And from KH I advanced to play FF --- still not understanding English, hahaha. Ah, such times... *lost in childhood*

lorddemolatron

Premium
Some new news. Yesterday I gotten shipment confirment from SE. The game comes to me on 4th November, so I still have to wait

Top Bottom