• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FFVI is it the best?

Is it the best?

• Total voters
well im making this topic to see how much people agree with me that FINAL FANTASY VI is the best from all of them
:)
i played all ff games except 9 and 11 :p
and i found the best to be 6 i wonder how many people agree with me here?^_^

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
To call a FF the best than the rest will always be a debated assumption. Truth be told, 6 and 9 were the best ones I've played (and people still get on me for that for liking 9, but screw them.) out of all of'em. Yes. I've played all and by far, those two are the ones I adore most.

Beware, for Sephiroth Fanboys (the extreme ones) will come with their pitch forks and torches after you, but you're not alone. I've been attacked and called an asshole for saying I didn't like 7 that much as if I insulted their own mother or something. XD

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
FFVI (which I must admit I haven't beaten yet) is an excellent game, but my own personal favorites are probably XII and V. Because they have pirates. :D

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
XII was a great step out of the traditional game play of previous FFs. The world was so vast and of course, there were some more challenges. As for it being better than another, really... There is no such thing as a terrible FF game, but you still have the right to like or dislike it. I didn't care much for XI, and was appalled by X-2. No really. X-2 was an insult for even having Final Fantasy in the title. It was written like a fanfic and Yuna looked sinfully horrible in that gunner outfit except for a few dresspheres. It was a game filled with fan service and the true storyline never came in to play until chapter 3 or 4. (This is just my opinion. I'm not saying this to start an argument or change your views on the game if you like it.) A prequal deserved to be made more than a sequal. Even though people who have played and beat X know what happens to Braska, Jecht, and Auron I still feel like there was alot more going on. :>

I'm looking forward to Dissidia. I just hope they do Kefka's voice good or I will be filled with HATEHATEHATEHATE! xD

aka958

Don't trust people
I've completed FFVI and i just got so many words with how great and great it is!... i've played X and VIII also to the end (fully played their storylines) and i've seen almost everything of FFVII's surroundings (not the actual game, it's graphics is worse than any other game... 3D is good but i really really prefer 2D instead of that cube form) FFVII's storyline is great. FFX's storyline and gameplay was great but it didn't have free fly around the world play and the secrets where just to point out... FFVIII is great it has many many secrets and omega weapon was a hell to find, loved it's storyline but it got so easy with that Renzokuken attack i just did that once or twice at every boss (not the last boss and the secret ones) and they dropped dead. FFVI's storyline wasn't that awesome in the beginning but later on i really loved it and afraid it was the end at the floating island, saw it was not and the new nearly dead world i saw that as an another awesome part of the game with new things and the storyline was far from the end. I was wrong... it was just like find your friends and kill kefka... no awesome missions together and that just secrets or kefka right away... that made me very sad. and Kefka didn't have any cool death scene after the boss battle either he just disappeared and i really don't like when my favorite villain just disappears...

from those i've played:

FFX: 8.5/10
FFVIII: 7.8/10
FFVI: 9.5/10

FFVII (mostly storyline rating): 9.5/10

So far the VI is the best and i can't get any more FF games... can't find them anywhere!!!

aka958

Don't trust people
you've played FFVI? as i see it you can just say your opinion about a game you played.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Sparda™;157419 said:
FFVII is the best. 'Nuff said. Now go pack yourselves up.

Yes it may be the most popular, but......it's not the best lol.
But to each his own

FF3 was awesome, but IMO FF10 and FF9 is where it was at.

Edit

The FFXIII series is awesome and my fav(haven't even played the game yet lol) and is going to blow all the other FF games out of the water.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Sparda™;157419 said:
FFVII is the best.

No. :> Popular and well known, yes.

I'm actually impressed with the fact Final Fantasy XIII Verses isn't going to have any magic or summons. I guess they wanted to go with a more realistic field with battles I assume. That's actually tempting me more to go for verses, but I'm gonna give them all a try. :>

aka958

Don't trust people
WHAT!? is Versus the version for the Xbox360!? if so why is only the 360's having a none magic one??? i love hte magic in FF and i really really don't like they wouldn't give any magic or summons wich i both love!

the 6 is the best because it has so many characters and each one has a back story non of them are neglected so in my opinion its the best game

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
I wouldn't say it's the "best" to be exact, but it does have a really good Storyline to it. The summons, the Characters were all awesome, but Kefka....have you ever seen such an evil Villain? Sephiroth VS Kefka.....meh :lol::D Over all it's a bloody good game ^_^

7, 9 and X XII are the best in my opinion. YES, 9 IS GOOD =D

aka958

Don't trust people
biohazardmaster;157746 said:
the 6 is the best because it has so many characters and each one has a back story non of them are neglected so in my opinion its the best game
I don't see so much story for GoGo, Umaro and Mog... not background story for Mog only he said someone wanted him/her too help you and you see him/her sometimes before he joins also.
Umaro: just a character nothing special more than a caveman.
GoGo: the only thing i got from that person is that it's sex is unknown.

The game is still my fav though

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Tawsie;157787 said:
Final Fantasy 9 for me. I can play that game over and over...its great.

It's always nice to know that there are others who enjoy 9 as much as I have. :> Poor game is so under rated. I'm glad 6 has been getting some more respect, but 9 desurves it equally as well.

Top Bottom