• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite DMC game?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Nine chances outta ten, theirs already like ten posts like this one. But just for the he!! of it, which DMC game is your favorite? Mine's DMC3 (it's actually my favorite game in general). It was the first I played and I loved the characters and the environments. In-fact, my idea of a perfect DMC game, is basically DMC3, but with DMC4 (or better) graphics, and Dante able to change styles on the fly like in DMC4. How about you?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
None really.

DMC1 was a contrived pile of stereotypical J-action nonsense mixed with Resident Evil and anime tropes.

DMC2 was just dull and almost lifeless with dull characters and very boring settings.

DMC3 was one big anime action trope that's been seen millions of times in anime before, and done better. If not for it's gameplay, I'd say this game was anime suicide.

DMC4 was anime genocide by giving us Zero and making Douchete such a thundercunt. Plus sluggish gameplay didn't help DMC4 either.

DmC was that fight the power crap with all this "the government is bad! hate the government!" which has been done millions of times before. Though DmC had better places, and a Dante I could tolerate (but still dislike) it still falls short on its face just like its past series.

Kaim Argonar

DMC3 is probably my favorite. I loved almost everything about it besides how frackin hard it can be first time. Followed by DMC1 for the same reasons. That Dante straight up sh*ts on the others.

-DMC4 was good but I didn't like that Dante took a back seat and also had only 4 styles to choose from. I liked Nero a lot too. He was kind of a polar opposite to Dante which was interesting to say the least but they needed to give him a damn back story.
-DMC2 was also good too. Hell I'm not afraid to say that I liked this game but it lacked polish to hold up to the other 3. That being said, I loved the atmosphere and OST. Dante was darker here and Lucia is super underrated. The gameplay believe it or not, actually paved the path for the style system so I give it a lot of props for that.
-DmC was a mixed bag for me. The game play was fine but not as good as 3 or 4. I can't say I'm a huge fan of any character except for Kat, Phineas and Bob (lol Rill O' Beilly) The OST wasn't much to my liking either. The atmosphere was cool though and the art style was refreshing. The story played a bigger role but I wouldn't really say it was good. So in the end it was an meh for me.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
DMC 1 is my favorite still mainly for nostalgic heartstrings.

DMC 3 and DmC however are tied for the second place spot.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
My favorite is DMC1 the atmosphere of the game is great. The enemy designs were the most interesting to me. I liked Dante's personality the most in that one and although the combat wasn't as in depth as later entries I still find it enjoyable

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Ive only played 3 and 4 and DmC ( which IN MY OPINION is not a proper DMC)
and 3 is my favourite

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
My favorite DMC is the reboot one.

Alright guys, don't shoot! Let me explain.

First of all, I am totally aware DmC: Devil May Cry is not as good as previous installments of the original franchise, although I do think it's better than that pile of ****ty scrabble sets we got in the form of DMC4. In my opinion, the first DMC is the best so far, however the reason I favor the reboot over it's arguably better predecessors is the fact that we're presented with a progressive Dante here. I think that Antoniades did a better job at actually making Dante grow up, which has also been done by Itsuno in a more subtle way in Dante's Awakening. Something else Antoniades did better than Itsuno was the relationship between Vergil and Dante. It was more realistic, more heartwarming, more detailed. Just seeing them work together, it filled my insides with warmth.

About the rest of the franchise, I think the original one was the most enjoyable of them all. The difficulty was unforgiving, the characters were interesting and the combat system was a blast. It was overall fun.

DMC2 had interesting bosses, the combat was a slight improvement over the DMC1 combat and it featured what I believe the best Devil Trigger in the franchise. However, it had some drawbacks, like Dante's playful personality missing, some areas being too dark, the toned difficulty. Don't get me wrong; it was good, and I think all fans should give it a second chance/

Dante's Awakening was a blast. The combat system was significantly improved, the number of weapons you could use was acceptable, the difficulty was as challenging as one could handle, the bosses were awesome, some better than the others and the characters were very interesting, especially Vergil and young Dante. It was basically DMC going back to it's roots.

DMC4..was DMC3, only sillier, slightly less difficult, more cinematic, featured dull and oversexualized characters and the biggest flaw was that there was less combat. Seriously, I found myself more solving puzzles than kicking ass, which was a disappointment. The weapons were awesome though, the combat remained as satisfying and the Devil Trigger was very powerful. It made you feel like a god. I still think it was the worst of the series, though.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
My favorite one in the series is also DmC. Good choice.

Yeah, go ahead and shoot.

matrix-smith-dodging-bullets-o.gif

You guys got nothin' on me.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
My favorite DMC is the reboot one.

Alright guys, don't shoot! Let me explain.

First of all, I am totally aware DmC: Devil May Cry is not as good as previous installments of the original franchise, although I do think it's better than that pile of ****ty scrabble sets we got in the form of DMC4. In my opinion, the first DMC is the best so far, however the reason I favor the reboot over it's arguably better predecessors is the fact that we're presented with a progressive Dante here. I think that Antoniades did a better job at actually making Dante grow up, which has also been done by Itsuno in a more subtle way in Dante's Awakening. Something else Antoniades did better than Itsuno was the relationship between Vergil and Dante. It was more realistic, more heartwarming, more detailed. Just seeing them work together, it filled my insides with warmth.

About the rest of the franchise, I think the original one was the most enjoyable of them all. The difficulty was unforgiving, the characters were interesting and the combat system was a blast. It was overall fun.

DMC2 had interesting bosses, the combat was a slight improvement over the DMC1 combat and it featured what I believe the best Devil Trigger in the franchise. However, it had some drawbacks, like Dante's playful personality missing, some areas being too dark, the toned difficulty. Don't get me wrong; it was good, and I think all fans should give it a second chance/

Dante's Awakening was a blast. The combat system was significantly improved, the number of weapons you could use was acceptable, the difficulty was as challenging as one could handle, the bosses were awesome, some better than the others and the characters were very interesting, especially Vergil and young Dante. It was basically DMC going back to it's roots.

DMC4..was DMC3, only sillier, slightly less difficult, more cinematic, featured dull and oversexualized characters and the biggest flaw was that there was less combat. Seriously, I found myself more solving puzzles than kicking ass, which was a disappointment. The weapons were awesome though, the combat remained as satisfying and the Devil Trigger was very powerful. It made you feel like a god. I still think it was the worst of the series, though.
My favorite one in the series is also DmC. Good choice.

Yeah, go ahead and shoot.

matrix-smith-dodging-bullets-o.gif

You guys got nothin' on me.
Hey guys it's cool. Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone's got their own.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Probably should have said this in the post. But no "shooting" anyone for personally favoring a game that you dislike. We should be able to respect other people's opinions

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hey guys it's cool. Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone's got their own.

Exactly.

Just because you say you like DmC doesn't mean someone is automatically going to come in and **** on your opinion.

Just like others should feel safe with being able to say that their favorite game is DMC4 for example.:D

But regarding the topic at hand, My favorite is DMC3 with DMC1 being a very close second.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And just to clarify, it was not my initial post that was edited for those wondering, but my second post where I addressed Frostmourne's funny picture and reply.

Top Bottom