• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Controller??

What is ur favorite controller?(which console?)
and why do u think its better than the others?

for me the best is the playstation controller i played with it since the days of the psx which make it about 10 years since i am using it and i am very adapted to it, when i try playing using any other controller i usually mess up since my hands have the feeling of playstation controllers
:lol:
Anyway what about u people?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Xbox 360 is mine, used to like the N64 one but the stick gave me blisters which put a dampener on the experience and also the first Dual Shock Playstation controllers. However all in all on every console ive played id say 360 is my fave controller and Gamecube is my least fave controller.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Every time I touched a Playstation controller, I felt like I was going to snap the thing in two. My PS2 controller isn't like the normal Sony Dual Shock 2 controllers, it actually has more weight on it and it makes me feel like I'm using my 360 controller; which I feel more accustomed to.

There is no poll for this, but my vote would be for the 360 controller if there was one :)

Nice thread also. +rep

^ well i didnt make a poll because there are many controllers and many consoles(including old ones) and i am not comparing between a certain number of controllers i am just asking for various opinions about controllers

anyway tell me LOD why is ur ps2 controller heavier than a normal one? :O

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
biohazardmaster;155778 said:
^ well i didnt make a poll because there are many controllers and many consoles(including old ones) and i am not comparing between a certain number of controllers i am just asking for various opinions about controllers

anyway tell me LOD why is ur ps2 controller heavier than a normal one? :O

I never questioned why there wasn't a poll, merely stated what I'd put if there was one. But I understand why you didn't make one :D

My dad actually bought me a new PS2 controller one Christmas, because my other 'normal' PS2 controller broke.

The analogue stick was broken on it, and the buttons were messed up inside =] So he bought me a new one, which was silver and slightly clunkier than a normal PS2 controller. I prefer it to normal PS2 controllers, but when my friends come around and ever have to use it they simply say "No".

haha funny incident i have the reverse of ur controller cause i have a lighter version of the ps2 controller with much less plastic used and the dualshock function enhanced to make a lighter weight :)

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I like the Wii controller, mostly because of the motion sensitivity and that it makes playing shooters more fun for me (especially with the gun add-on; it's like playing in the arcade! :D).

I absolutely hated the N64 controller. I found it to be very awkward, particularly since I have fairly small hands.

^hmmm but i dont know if A Wiimote is a controller because it is so different its like a different controller so i am not sure if ir can even be counted as a controller

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
360 Controller for me, mainly because since I've been using it since April, every other controller I've picked up feels weird and alien to me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
biohazardmaster;155786 said:
^hmmm but i dont know if A Wiimote is a controller because it is so different its like a different controller so i am not sure if ir can even be counted as a controller

Well it controls a video game so is therefore a video game controller. :lol:

Keaton

Premium
The Wii-mote is paramount for me, making FPS' a dream :D

Xbox-360 is second, being superior for non-motion consoles :)

@DD: Touche' ^^

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
For me, it has to be Sony's controllers. Like bio stated, my hands are well adjusted to Sony's scheme for basically 10+ years. I never had a problem with the analogs being very close to each other either. I also liked Genesis, NES, and SNES controllers too, but I still like Sony's controllers more.

Now, my most hated controller has to be a tie between 360's controller, or Gamecube's controller, or N64's controller. I hate 360's controller because of the placement of the analogs, and because the buttons on the controller are round. I'm also one of the people who pretty much hates triggers on controllers. I didnt like it when Dreamcast did it either. And the D-Pad sucks...bad. The only plus side is the weight. I hated the Gamecube's and N64's controller because it seems like a crackhead assembled them. What the **** was Nintendo thinking (or smoking) while designing Gamecube's and N64's controllers? I cant even describe how awkward those controls were.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Esura;155801 said:
I hate 360's controller because of the placement of the analogs, and because the buttons on the controller are round. I'm also one of the people who pretty much hates triggers on controllers. I didnt like it when Dreamcast did it either. And the D-Pad sucks...bad. The only plus side is the weight. I hated the Gamecube's and N64's controller because it seems like a crackhead assembled them. What the **** was Nintendo thinking (or smoking) while designing Gamecube's and N64's controllers? I cant even describe how awkward those controls were.

I love the analog placement, my fingers hit together on the Sony analogs as they are much to close. If i want to turn left in a game im pretty much screwed if one stick is used to go forward as my thumbs hit together. 360 nailed the analogs perfectly and that doesnt happen. The triggers are also excellent and i find them a breeze to use as they are where your fingers naturally rest in that position. Also can apply certain pressures to them for fast/slow or hard/soft attacks etc which is a nice touch. The D-Pad is awful agreed but its only used to navigate menus usually or quick select something. N64 controller was great also as it could be played with one hand. Strange how it was an FPS controller and another merged together and felt unnatural if played without the stick but easily usable. Only thing that annoyed me was it has no rubber on the stick meaning many blisters when playing Goldeneye & Perfect Dark constantly for 5 years+ like i did. Gamecube controller was awful though, horrible feeling triggers, tiny analog sticks that were really awkward to use and i could cross my thumbs over the controller it was so small.

Gikoku Harakami

Hot Dog and a Shake
My favorites are the Dreamcast & 360 Controllers, Sega Genesis controller was pretty nice as well.

Don't really like the Playstation controllers.. they hurt my hands after long periods of use, and the shoulder buttons would give my fingers cramps after awhile. The analog sticks were easily the worst I've ever experienced next to Gamecube & N64's analog sticks. Their round & plastic surface tops would be a bitch when playing intense fighting games because your thumb would occasionally slip off of them.

I'd seriously be even more turned off if Sony actually went through with that ridiculous Boomerang controller for the PS3. Thank goodness they didn't, but I'm not happy about the return to the original Dualshock model.

The Wii remote is a good controller as well if the sleeve is applied to it, surprisingly quite comfortable for a DVD remote design.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
IDK I like all game controllers. I never have any problems playing any games on any systems. So to me all you guys are weird :p honestly the fact that you list any cons actually baffles me because I experience none. No blisters, no innability to play because of button layout, etc. I didn't even know anyone could even touch fingures on a PS2 controller. <_<

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;155842 said:
IDK I like all game controllers. I never have any problems playing any games on any systems. So to me all you guys are weird :p honestly the fact that you list any cons actually baffles me because I experience none. No blisters, no innability to play because of button layout, etc. I didn't even know anyone could even touch fingures on a PS2 controller. <_<

Well now you do and i can, makes it damn awkward, Gamecube was the worst though and triggers with their stiffness and scraping made me cringe. Just felt badly made and cheap. Blisters on N64 were nightmare and friends all spoke about it too after long sessions on Perfect Dark against the bots.

Gikoku Harakami

Hot Dog and a Shake
Not everyone has the same hand size as so-and-so, so there will be those who experience problems. Let's see someone play with a controller made out of knives and nails, and not complain.

The Da3dra;155842 said:
IDK I like all game controllers. I never have any problems playing any games on any systems. So to me all you guys are weird :p honestly the fact that you list any cons actually baffles me because I experience none. No blisters, no innability to play because of button layout, etc.

2903265750_d3e4179948_o.jpg

Aha, that post... yeah, some serious fail, man.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
Well the only blisters I got from the N64 controller were from playing Mario Party and having to spin the stick as fast as you can. I would use the palm of my hand instead of just my thumb. But other than that I never got blisters. Perfect Dark was f***ing awesome tho. :) Perfect Dark 0...not so much.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Da3dra;155852 said:
Perfect Dark was f***ing awesome tho. :) Perfect Dark 0...not so much.

Serious understatement on Perfect Dark Zero. I loved Perfect Dark and played it a hell of a lot so i bought the limited edition Perfect Dark Zero. Was expensive and i played it and thought 'What the hell is this?' was an average game to say the least and thought it was an insult to the Perfect Dark name. Hope rare get around to making that 'True Sequel' to Perfect Dark for 360 they mentioned some time ago. Now that i would love to see as the original was awesome (as you said).

Top Bottom