• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Fav DMC" Aftermath

Ryu Yamato

Absolution
After posting my "Fav DMC" thread, I've noticed a lot of people putting DmC very high on their lists, contrary to what I had thought the results to be, though, of course DMC3 was the most popular. I just want reason why people put DmC so high on their lists.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL what kind of reasons do you expect? They liked the game. If you wanna know what they liked, plenty of threads about it in the DmC section. My personal bet is because DmC fairs better compared to DMC1, 2 and 4, cause 1 feels very archaic (in the combat system above all), 2 we know the story, and 4 was disappointing for many.

And frankly, shouldn't be a surprise. This forum is for Devil May Cry in general. It's normal that there are DmC fans here, one of the few places where you can actually even discuss DmC. Dunno if you've noticed, but if you talk well about DmC in most places that are not here, you get more wrecked than a guy in a hive of Xenomorphs.

Obviously I'm not saying situation here is all good and argumentless, but still it's pretty fair in comparison.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Because for 90% of original games fans favourite game is DMC3. So most who prefer original over DmC will auto picked DMC3. So that lefts you with 10 % who prefer other games and DmC

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
For me....

+ Sleeker, more refined controls
+ Platforming (with better jumping) over constant backtracking and puzzles (save for the silly padding one near the end)
+ Different take on the franchise's lore, without retreading the same plot as three other games
+ Interesting lore of its own, with some neat concepts like Kat's aerosol cantrips, how Limbo works, and Dante's morphing weapon
+ More organic and relatable characters
+ Beautiful visuals
+ FINALLY! A SCYTHE!

My only gripe is still the lack of more gunplay skills, particularly things like Wild Stomp, Free Ride, and Gun Stinger; as well as taking advantage of more input types to offer more skills in general. Oh, and a few things that I would have just done differently in general.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
+ Beautiful visuals

I dunno if "beautiful" is the right word. I get what you mean but the visuals and world are kinda ugly, in the sense that the overall look of the game feels dirty and is overly colorful (dat saturation). Not to mention the frequent texture pop in and the fact that the textures themselves aren't even that pretty (well known issue of Unreal Engine).

I get it's on purpose though (except the technical problems like the textures), to match the different setting, so it was appropriate. Limbo's concept was cool too. But I don't think "beautiful" is the right word to describe it.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Not much to it man, they just like the game.
DmC has a more realistic and modern tone compared to the classic games.
I favor DMC3 personally though

Top Bottom