• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Explaination of Vergil's Lust for Power.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
This is going to be a one shot. but i am going to post it in two parts. It contains three Orignal characters, they are;
Megara Sparda- Vergil and Dante's little sister.
Ellie Nyvenette- Eva's older sister, Vergil, Dante and Megara's aunt, who raises them after their parents deaths.
Shara Hartwood-Vergil's best friend in high school.

so here is part 1:

“I failed!”cried Vergil. “I failed to protect you Meggie! I promise I won’t do that anymore, I’ll do what ever it takes to be able to protect you.”
6 years earlier…
Upon crimson stained grass, a blonde woman, lay dying. She reached out to the air.
“Dante, Vergil.” She whispered.
Two young indentical boys ran to her side, one wearing red, the other wearing blue.
“Mom!” cried the one in red.
“Dante.” She said, reaching out to her. This woman was Sparda’s wife, the lovely Eva.
“Mom, don’t leave us!” Cried the boy called Dante.
“I don’t have a choice, love.” Said Eva. “Damn minions of Mundus.”
Dante didn’t reply, he just held his mother’s hand and sobbed.
“Vergil.” Said Eva, reaching her free hand to her elder son.
“Mom.” Answered Vergil.
“Vergil don’t fight with your brother, so much.” Said Eva, as Vergil took the hand she was holding out to him.
“I’ll try, Mom.” He replied.
“Both of you.”
Both Vergil and Dante looked at their mother.
“Take care of your little sister.”
Both boys nodded.
“Love her always and protect her.”
“always.” Said Dante and Vergil together.
“Ok, good.” Said Eva. “Megara!”
“MOMMY!” cried a little six year old, running onto the scene.
“Meg, darling.” Said Eva in a hushed tone.
“Are you dying, Mommy?” the little girl asked.
“yes, love. Minions of one of your father’s enemies have made it that way. Listen closely you three, your father did a very good thing in closing the gate to the demon world but in doing so he created for himself many enemies. You three will be hunted by those enemies because you are your father’s children. I know it’s not fair but it’s the way it will be. You three need to prepare yourselves for a lot of evil and ugly coming at you from a never ending parade of stupid.”
“We understand, Mom.” Said Vergil. “Dante and I will always protect, Meggie.”
Dante nodded.
“That’s good to hear.” Said Eva. “Listen these are your instructions, here is what I want you to do; Vergil, Dante, take your sister, and go to your aunt Ellie’s apartment. It’s on west 15th street, in Soho. Try not to be seen by any demons, they could be anywhere right now. I suspect Ellie already knows what happened. I want you three to know that I love you all with all of my heart and soul. And Vergil I do not love you any less than I love your brother and sister. I love you all equally.”
And with that she was gone.
Dante did not move, he continued to sob into his dead mother’s hand. Megara crawled over to her older brother and gave him a hug.
“Don’t cry, Dante.” She said. “It’ll be alright. Aunty Ellie will take care of us.”
Dante returned his little sister’s hug, noticing that she was crying as much as he was, but Vergil was barely crying at all, just a few tears.
“Dante, Meggie…”Said Vergil. “Let’s go before the demons come back.”
Dante and Megara reluctantly left their mother’s side after much convincing from their older brother; they then followed Vergil out of the graveyard and onto the cold hard streets of New York City. They walked in silence. Once half way to Soho, Dante broke the silence.
“Hey Bro, can we stop and rest, we’ve been walking for hours!” he complained.
Vergil stopped and sat on the curb. He was tired too.
“Dante.” Said Vergil
“Yeah bro?”
“Let’s make a pact now, to always look out for and protect Meggie.”
“Ok.”
“Do you, Dante Sparda, swear to always look out for and protect Megara Sparda, no matter what the cost or consequence?”
“Yes, I Dante Sparda, swear always to look out for and protect Megara Sparda, no matter what the cost or consequence. Do you, Vergil Sparda, swear always to look out for and protect Megara Sparda, no matter what the cost or consequence?”
“Yes, I Vergil Sparda, swear to always look out for and protect Megara Sparda, no matter what the cost or consequence.”
The boys both spit on their hands and they shook hands.
“it’s done then.” Said dante
“Yes, it’s done.” Said Vergil. “If we want to get to aunt Ellie’s before tomorrow morning, we should start walking again.”
“Too late, Verge. It’s already tomorrow morning.” Said Dante, said showing his brother, his watch. Dante’s watch read 1:55 AM.
“well then as soon as possilable.” Said Vergil.
“My feet hurt.” She said. “Can one of you carry me?”
“Sure thing, Meggie.” Said Dante, bend down so Meg could get on for a piggy-back ride.
Meg hoped on her brother’s back. And they continued on their way.

****to be continued****
What do you guys think?
Part 2 is coming soon....
if you guys could offer me any suggestions for part 2, i would be much appreciative.

Sparda™

It is different. It does add some nuances of randomness and fresh ideas at the same time. I'd say this can be a nice piece to read.;)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
An interesting read, certainly adds some nice new ideas to the twin's childhood, certainly different for sure, I liked it. ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I really like it... Very moving, and more emotional than I am use to... But I guess I can adapt my likings :)

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
im still working on it.. my comp broke and its on my computer not on my mom's which i am using...i meant to say part two

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A party? :huh: Why do I get no party? The ****ing cheek :dry:

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
sure....if you want to have a party.....we can have a party.,...but to keep this on topic....i am getting the usb thingy with all of my junk from dead computer hopefully today....if not in soon.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Part 2

The twins and their little sister continued to walk down the streets of manhattan. Dante carrying Meg, piggy back. They reached the subway station on the corner of broadway and layfette street. The trio went below ground and hopped the subway going toward houston street. when they got off, they would still have some walking to do, from houston street to south houston but at least they would be closer to their destination.
On the subway, Vergil, always the pratical one, paid attention to the stops while Meg sat on Dante's lap singing to herself.
"I'll always remember
It was late afternoon
It lasted forever
And ended too soon
You were all by yourself
Staring up at a dark gray sky
I was changed

In places no one would find
All your feelings so deep
inside (deep inside)
It was then that I realized
That forever was in your eyes
The moment I saw you cry
"
They got off at the houston street stop.
"Geez, Meggie,your getting heavy." said Dante, once they were above ground again. He was once again carrying his little sister piggy back.
"Hey, Vergil. You wanna carry Meggie, for a while?"
"No not really but okay." said Vergil.
Vergil carried Meg piggy back for the rest of the way to their destination. It was nearly 6 am when they finally got to their aunt's loft apartment.
Ellie met them at the door, and ushered them inside. she showed them to their rooms. and decided to let them sleep for a while.
Ellie was was Eva's older sister. Ellie had green eyes and brown curly hair. after showing her niece and nephews to their rooms she went to sleep herself in her room. Ellie didn't know then that Meg had crawled out of her bed and went to into her brothers room. she woke up Vergil and crawled onto the bed with him. she fell asleep save in her brother's arms.

Yeah Part 2 is up!!!

Top Bottom