• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ending The Rivalry

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
shadow master;113030 said:
what u saying? r u being mean?

I don't think Koemi was being mean man. I think as

she wants me to continue. You may have thought she was saying something like "Dante better not have killed a human, coz that'd be stupid"... I assume. Correct me if I am wrong. But I see you are offline, which is a shame.

Stay tuned for the next part people ;) ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 3: Dwelling In Darkness, Part Two.

Dante could smell the blood on his hands.

At that moment Trish came into the room and saw Dante standing there in shock, not saying a word.

"Don't tell me you've turned into your brother" she said.

Dante turned his head quickly. The look of shock still on his face.

"What?!! No!! I... I, don't know how this happened" Dante replied, hanging his head in shame.

Trish left the place, leaving Dante on his own.

All of a sudden the lights in the room went out, and Dante could feel something breathing onto his neck. The breath was cold, and sent shivers down Dante's spine.

The last thing Dante felt was a tingling sensation, as he drifted to sleep.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ His amulet is acting up, just like Vergil's... Kinda makes you think they aren't in control of themselves any more, and that something has tainted their amulets ;) More soon...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
:lol: Almost forgot about this fic... I think I'll try and wrap this all up in about two more chapters. Thanks for reading Shadow Master +rep :)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry for the double post :)

Chapter 4: The Meeting, Part One

Dante woke, to find himself in some twisted graveyard. In the middle, his brother Vergil lay, bleeding.

Dante rushed to his side, "Bro!! Where the hell are we?" Dante asked, nudging Vergil. Vergil rolled over, but it was not his face. It was some twisted face.

Dante stepped back, and took a look at the sky. It was a swirl or red, orange, purple and black. He realised where he was.

"Finally we meet" a voice rang out.

Dante looked around.

"It'd be better if you showed your face" he replied.

"All in good time, Dante" the voice said back.

Dante kicked the ground, and then fiddled with his trench coat.

"The almighty Dante. Son of Sparda" the voice said, "You have a challenge before you" it added.

"I'm listening" Dante replied.

"Before you I raise Hell itself. If you are truly Legendary, you can conquer over it, and rule" the voice replied.

"I'm just here to clean up. I'm not the ruling type" Dante stated.

"Before you are seven doors, Dante. Enter into each one, and come out alive. In doing so, a final door will appear. There is where your fate lies" the voice informed Dante.

"I have to leave so soon? And I didn't get to see your face" Dante replied, cockily.

There was no reply, but seven large red doors appeared in the middle of the graveyard. The floor lit up white, pointing to the first door.

Dante edged closer, and pushed it open. In front of him lay nothing but darkness. As he stepped slowly into the darkness, light came and images formed. And an old face became visible.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Thanks ;) +rep.

Chapter 4: The Meeting, Part Two

The door behind Dante slammed shut. Dante continued to move forward, the face becoming more and more visible.

Then he gained his normal vision after a few seconds. And there he saw what stood before him.

"Ah come on!! This isn't even a challenge" Dante remarked.

The three Phantoms attacked, all raising fire from the ground around Dante.

Dante sped to one side, and avoided the flames. A fire bolt headed his way, and he repelled it with his sword.

The Phantoms scurried towards him, and Dante flipped into the air. Charging up Ebony and Ivory, he open fire onto them whilst in mid-air. He finally landed, and swung one of the Phantoms by the tail. He smashed the other two Phantoms, and then threw the one he was holding into a wall. The Phantom landed unharmed onto the wall.

The Phantom then jumped from the wall, and came towards Dante. Standing firm in his place, he equipped Gilgamesh quickly and smashed the Phantom into the air.

The other two shot at Dante, knocking him back a fair distance. Dante skidded across the ground, and finally regained his feet. Preserving his DT, he taunted the final two Phantoms.

Then, with a loud crash that shook the ground around the entire Coliseum. The Phantom Dante had sent flying into the air, landed down hard onto one of the remaining Phantoms.

Dante switched from Ebony and Ivory, to Coyote A. One of the remaining Phantoms charged, and was shot back heavily with Coyote A, whilst Dante was using Gunslinger.

Switching to Sword Master, Dante smashed one of the Phantoms into the air, and juggled it with his sword.

Finally, he knocked it up into the air. Jumping onto the other Phantom, he jumped off from it and landed onto the airborne one. Smashing Rebellion into its stomach, he then spun around on it whilst it was flying in the air.

He jumped from it, and landed down. Grabbing the last Phantom by the neck, and ripping its entire head off using only his brute strength.

"1 down, 7 to go" he said, as if pleased with his performance.

The door opened for Dante, who stepped back out again.

"Impressive" the mysterious voice rang out.

"Nah... Easy" Dante replied, cockily.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 4: The Meeting, Part Three

"You seem so confident, son of Sparda. You still have 7 doors to go" the voice replied back at Dante.

The second door lit up, and opened.

Dante stepped back...

"Hmm... Tell me... What exactly happens if I choose to not go in there?" Dante said, playfully.

"She... Will DIE!!!" the voice bellowed out. A huge demonic hand came from out of the darkness, clutching Trish.

Dante gave a dark demonic glare at the hand.

"Fine... I'll play it your way. I don't have any other choice in the matter" Dante said.

The voice fell silent once more.

Dante moved through the door, but couldn't feel the ground below his feet. Suddenly he started to fall, until a large mouth swallowed him whole.

Dante got up, and brushed himself down.

"Huh, I don't know how this guy considers this a challenge. I took this thing down before, I can easily do it again" Dante confirmed, and he advanced through Leviathan's body.

Dante had been walking for quite some time now, and he had gotten no closer to the heart of the huge beast.

The thing's heart seemed to be ages away, and all that Dante could see in his way were demons.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ +rep thanks ;)

Chapter 4: The Meeting, Part Four

Dante remembered the first time he had been tunnelling through Leviathan's body. That memory felt so long ago. He could remember how he had brought it down from inside, and had broken out from its eye. Hopefully this time he would get out without being covered in blood, and without reeking so much.

He ventured onwards, and slew a few demons as he did so. The mood was quite peaceful, as if there really was nothing standing in the way. But eventually, he had made it to the challenge at heart.

The beast's heart pulsated, and Dante could feel demonic energy being drawn from him. Like last time, Dante drew his blades and started to slash away at the heart.

The heart closed up, and Dante waited for the lasers to arrive. But after a while, nothing came.

"What's a matter?" Dante asked, smashing the beast's shielded heart with his bloody fist. "Man, this is dull" he added, as to which he paced around for awhile.

It appeared that the creature wasn't retaliating. Instead, Leviathan was merely defending its heart, and nothing more.

And as Dante could not break away the structure that was shielding the heart, he could not kill Leviathan.

"Finding it hard, son of Sparda?" came the voice.

"I think hard is the wrong word. I'm finding it dull" Dante replied, letting out a slight yawn.

"Perhaps if you had a little help? Then you might be able to take Leviathan down?" the voice answered.

Dante needn't say a word, as the expression on his face implied confusion.

"I give to you the second son of Sparda. Your brother, Vergil" the voice added; as its hand appeared clutching Vergil tightly, before letting him drop to the ground.

"Not the reunion I was expecting" Vergil said, as he got up and brushed dirt off his clothes.

"I was hoping to save him till later. But I now have other plans. It is my Master's decision to cut to the chase; so I will let you play on your own" the voice stated, before leaving once more.

"Got any ideas as to what he's trying to say?" Dante asked his brother.

Vergil took out his half of the amulet from his pocket, and dangled it in front of Dante's face.

"This" Vergil said, referring to his half of the amulet. "His control over me had corrupted me. It even tainted my amulet, that fell to you" Vergil added.

"How do you know this?" Dante asked, curiously.

"Well Dante, you must have noticed that something was up with your half of the amulet" Vergil replied.

"Yeah, I did. But I can't remove it" Dante said.

Vergil walked over to his brother, as if the two had never fought or argued. He stepped in front of him and placed his hand onto Dante's part of the amulet. He then took it off from Dante, and examined it.

"Well done sons of Sparda. You have freed yourself from corruption. But unfortunately your fate to come will not be so lucky. As you assumed Vergil, we tainted the amulets in order to control you. If you hadn't have figured this out, we would have destroyed the both of you. It seems that strength is not the only thing that lies in you, but also luck" the voice said, from out of nowhere.

"Right, right. I figure that now we go through something more than 7 doors, am I right?" Dante replied, playfully.

"Do not speak of this as if it is child's play. You are talking about the deadliest Devils all under Mundus' control" the voice replied, angered.

"Yeah, exactly. Child's play" Dante replied.

The two halves of the amulet rose from the ground. A red aura surrounding it, as it drew further away from Dante and Vergil.

It stopped in mid-air, before falling into the hand that belonged to the mysterious voice.

"The perfect amulet. Along with the sword of Sparda, grants the bearer the legendray dark knight Sparda's power. And in this case, I happen to have these items required" the voice informed the twins.

"I hate to break this to you pal, but you also need to have Sparda's blood running through you. And unless I'm wrong, you do not" Dante told the voice.

"Then son of Sparda, you are indeed wrong" the voice replied, and out from the darkness came their father's face.

Top Bottom