• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Downloadable Content?

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Hey... well, I dont know if this thread already exists... but anyway, do u guys think there should be any downloadable content for DMC4? If u think there is, please write here your ideas =D
Well... mines are these:
•First, there should be more costumes in the game, since I got very disappointed after beating the hardest modes without getting anything new(except for super dante and super nero), I think they could make some clothes so we could download, like DMC1 and DMC3 Dante, shirtless/topless Dante and some costumes to Nero too...

•Also, it would be very cool to see some new characters playable (I know its not easy to make new gameplay) like Vergil and Credo. Vergil's DT could be like the spirit in Nero's DT and he could wield yamato, gilgamesh and some other sword with yamato (like DMC3)
Credo could wield that sword that looks like Nero's and his DT could be Angelo Credo.

Keaton

Premium
I think that Capcom really missed a trick here.
Although the producers of the game stated that DMC4 '...has everything built in...', I strongly disagree. Its the first game in the series to not have any alternative costumes (Excl. Super) and by the same token the realms of DLC would allow so many different things to be available.

I would personally have loved to see...

--Boss Rush Mode
--New Costumes for both Nero and Dante (Coatless, Shirtless, Neros White Order Suit, Dantes Legendary Dark Knight.
--Vergil as a playable character (Bloody Palace)
--Different Weapon Skins: Beowolf/Ifrit>Giglamesh, Force Edge>Rebellion

aka958

Don't trust people
That would be too good. It would be awesome. All they have to do is redefine Vergils graphics and have him equipped the same stuff as DMC3 and let him go carnage in Bloody Palace.

Weapon skins would be awesome. But then you must win the skins so you feel that you have won it and you deserve it and actually use that skin for the weapon.
The boss rush mode would be awesome if you could do a custom boss rush mode where you choose the bosses you'll meet in wich order (EPIC!) and also a option where you go through them in order from who you meet first to the last.
The boss rush could have the reward of you getting costumes and weapon skins? that would be awesome. You gain a certain costume and a certain weapon skin for every different difficulty you clear the boss rush in (not counting the custom boss rush).

Wouldn't that be good?

Keaton

Premium
I think it would be great, and even from the money-making angle, they could sell the additional and optional features for a cheap sum, but many many people IMO would buy it.

The Enigmatic Man

Legendary Devil Hunter
I would definitely buy any downloadable content for DMC4. I was actually curious to see if Capcom was going to release anything sometime in the near future. I guess I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
I know I'm not a game developer and I can't judge properly, but parts of DMC4 made me think the game was unfinished and made in a hurry. I mean, they could have improved and polished the game much more if they wanted to. Bonus costumes is a good example of it. Also, dante's stages are too much similar to nero's...IMO

Keaton

Premium
^They;re not simalar, they're identical.
Aside from a different route and enemy placement Capcom seemed to get a bit sloppy with DMC4. Afterall, its pretty damn lazy to have you fight 4 of the primary bosses THREE TIMES (Berial, Ice Frog, Echidna and Agnus), and two other bosses twice (Sanctus and Dante) and one of the few really cool boss fights only once (Credo).

It seemed to lack a whole lot of variation following Mission 12.

sheepydee

Nothing
that would be great for custom content :D

until/if such a thing happens why dont you edit it yourself with texmod?? i would use it but my keyboard wont me use the
+ or - keys to choose textures to edit...

however for those who could do it why dont you learn how to use texmod and edit textures then create a mod file out of it for use with texmod and DMC4 :D

(that applies to DMC4 for PC of course)

those of you who dont know what texmod is , its pretty much a game texture editor thing i guess XD however how you would catch dante/nero's textures i dont know i only know how to do it with Tomb raider Legend,Anniversary + Underworld , however i guess if you really tried you could give it a shot on getting dante/nero's cosutme textures :D then open the textures in your fave image editing program and off u go :p

for more info refer to youtube lmao

since i cant do it myself because of this stupid laptop keyboard if anyone else uses texmod to edit character textures :D i'd like to see some :) specially some dante ones :D :D

EDIT : i have a new keyboard that lets me choose textures from tomb raider anyway , i'll give DMC4 a try later ok? i'll edit my post later if i can edit them ok , i should be able to

EDIT 2 : Sorry folks , Texmod works with the DirectX 9 version HOWEVER it doesnt seem to find dante/nero's ingame textures... it finds the ones on the mission select screen though but not ingame ones , however i'll look more thourough into it later.. however there are LOTS of different textures you can edit =) , like Dante's air hike you could change it to orange if you really wanted lol , thank the world for texmod lmao

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I don't want downloadable content...
I haven't got Xbox Live...

(I use my mobile phone for the internet you see, but i can't use it for Xbox Live.)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I really wish Capcom had come up with some nice DLC for Devil May Cry 4... even a few extra unlockable costumes; I totally would have bought it! Then again, I would have preferred a harder difficulty level or, better yet, an extended single player campaign.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Give me a legendary dark knight costume and the option to wield the sword of sparda with DT just like in the first game and I will admit there is goodness in the world.

Top Bottom