• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DoTA banned in a small Filipino village?!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I cannot believe I am living in a third-world country with majority of those government officials being poorly trained and less knowledgeable droening in their own self-beliefs!

Here is that article from Kotaku, and as both a Filipino and a gamer, I am appaled to see that banning DoTA is such a hasty decision:
http://kotaku.com/filipino-village-bans-dota-after-multiple-murders-1681132049

All I can say is that it shows from a study that the Filipino people are the most emotional; further on this point is that my fellow Filipinos can be so easily BUTTHURT even over the slightest of mistakes! This is what these people must improve on if it were to thrive. As a gamer, it is not the game that should be blamed; it is the overly obsessed players who abused their gaming habits going as far as doing something bad like murder. Honsetly, this is Jack Thompson all over again!

Tell me your personal thoughts on this as both a gamer and a citizen of the country you are living in. I put this in the general discussion category because I want to discuss with you how you think my country's government and its citizens should improve from their very emotional state and in gaming in defense of DoTA, a computer game.

Viper

Premium
It's stupid to ban a game, when it's obvious the problem lies in society and economy, and without it they'll just find another thing to latch on and use as excuse to get violent.

A mentally stable person will not turn violent from a game.
A mentally unstable person will find any reason be good enough to turn violent.

Problem is, these kind of things attract very loud people that like to bitch and rile people up, so to calm the community, officials go for the easy route. I'm afraid there is nothing I can advise you, there needs to be some deeper changes to prevent people from gambling so much in the first place (as the problem is that they are using the game for gambling, not just gaming), but that takes massive time and effort.

Top Bottom