• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Don't know if this has been posted but...Vergil vs. Mundus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Have you ever developed a game?
It's not as easy as you want to believe, especially if you're working with a heavily modified version of the Unreal Engine 3.
What type of engine what to do with balance which is pretty much pure mathematic? I know balancing is hard, not even chess are ideal in that matter.

AlchemistFromEden

Geez, do you even know what i am talking about? Balancing gameplay, you know? Making sure that weapons, enemies and bosses are balanced, that none of that is too strong or too weak.
if you think its that simple to make a game then i feel even more sorry for you

Dante47

Geez, do you even know what i am talking about? Balancing gameplay, you know? Making sure that weapons, enemies and bosses are balanced, that none of that is too strong or too weak.
You worded it strange. Reread what you wrote, and it doesn't translate well.

AlchemistFromEden

I dont know why when i am talking about balance issue you are saying "you dont know how to make whole game, DOH".
balancing itself is not even as simple as you making sure everything is connected in a coherent way, its literally IMPOSSIBLE to make a perfectly balanced game, and the old DMCs certainly were not very balanced at all

Martius

SSSmokin!
balancing itself is not even as simple as you making sure everything is connected in a coherent way, its literally IMPOSSIBLE to make a perfectly balanced game, and the old DMCs certainly were not very balanced at all
Too bad i am aware of that, even chess are not balanced because white are always first!
I am done, it looks like you are not even reading my posts.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
All of you seriously need to take this elsewhere. This topic was to inform people, especially people like me who are trying to mod this game for the rest of you, that there are those out there who are trying to put Vergil into the main game. All of this other nonsense is just disgusting to read now. There are only a few of you spatting over nothing that matters than to your own beliefs, egos and desires. I honestly don't care if what anyone has to even say is even factually correct, so don't play the "what I said is true though" card, but this is not the place to do it. Go make your own thread about whatever you are debating or do it in a private chat please.

Maybe it's your obligation to stand up for yourself and prove it to everyone else here who can read it when you are called out, maybe you just want to reply here since it's easier and maybe you just don't care. No matter the reason again please go somewhere else to discuss this. I got nothing wrong with stretching topics a little beyond their intended purposes to continue a conversation but when it comes to this it is just unsettling. I have really nothing against any of you here however it gets on I would like to say, many of the users nerves when this keeps happening in topic upon topic each day. Heck if I have to I'll host a live chat if you ever want to dispute something. I'll even make separate chat rooms we can all go into and I won't even mediate it yet stand back and watch though most of this to me just seems like many would rather gain attention from the community by arguing with one another and given the chance to do it privately none would oblige. Prove me wrong if you will otherwise I ask one last time let's drop it.

On a side note wouldn't a chatroom type be a good idea for stuff like this for this site?

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I love how easily people throw around the word "coding."
"Bloody Palace would've taken a week to code"
"it would be so easy to code Vergil into Bloody Palace"

Tell me something, have any of you ever programmed something in your life? Because it doesn't seem like any of you have.

Well I am taking a programming class. And you don't just program a fully fledged game like this in an instant. As a programmer I can tell you now that bloody palace and Vergil would've taken weeks to make, even if they did recycle code.

All this Lucas guy has done is a model swap and edited a few configuration files. He doesn't have the source code.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover

Tell me something, have any of you ever programmed something in your life? Because it doesn't seem like any of you have.

Well I am taking a programming class. And you don't just program a fully fledged game like this in an instant. As a programmer I can tell you now that bloody palace and Vergil would've taken weeks to make, even if they did recycle code.

All this Lucas guy has done is a model swap and edited a few configuration files. He doesn't have the source code.
Your right it would have taken longer than most of us think. I have had some experience with the nightmare that is coding and it's no easy task and at the end of the day it comes down to money and what Capcom is willing to pay for

AlchemistFromEden

this

this, but no no let's just pretend like none of what you said is legit and that NT are lazy because a modder is able to do some "simple"(on a coding level) editing

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's hilarious how I've ignored so many people that all I'm seeing are the responses.

I'm gonna leave this thread for now. I didn't even read the responses because at this point, I don't even want to know.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
All of you seriously need to take this elsewhere. This topic was to inform people, especially people like me who are trying to mod this game for the rest of you, that there are those out there who are trying to put Vergil into the main game. All of this other nonsense is just disgusting to read now. There are only a few of you spatting over nothing that matters than to your own beliefs, egos and desires. I honestly don't care if what anyone has to even say is even factually correct, so don't play the "what I said is true though" card, but this is not the place to do it. Go make your own thread about whatever you are debating or do it in a private chat please.

Maybe it's your obligation to stand up for yourself and prove it to everyone else here who can read it when you are called out, maybe you just want to reply here since it's easier and maybe you just don't care. No matter the reason again please go somewhere else to discuss this. I got nothing wrong with stretching topics a little beyond their intended purposes to continue a conversation but when it comes to this it is just unsettling. I have really nothing against any of you here however it gets on I would like to say, many of the users nerves when this keeps happening in topic upon topic each day. Heck if I have to I'll host a live chat if you ever want to dispute something. I'll even make separate chat rooms we can all go into and I won't even mediate it yet stand back and watch though most of this to me just seems like many would rather gain attention from the community by arguing with one another and given the chance to do it privately none would oblige. Prove me wrong if you will otherwise I ask one last time let's drop it.

Seeing as no one pays a blind bit of notice to the staff, perhaps you'll all take a moment to read through what Judgement has posted. Because it pretty much echoes what we've been saying FOR MONTHS.

Good grief, guys, it's not rocket science. It's not even first grade science. It's common sense. I swear, if we had the rep system back, this poster would have had it shot up through the roof for saying the first sensible thing in this thread for pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom