• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

does it feel like a devil may cry title?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
well the gameplay is verymuch dmc4. even with all his changes, nero is everything he was in 4, his run, his moves..

i don't know if it is just me, but i don't feel like seeing a devil may cry game. the setting was very much what i hoped for a devil may cry game, but i don't quite get the dmc vibe there.

instead i'm getting more LoS2 and RE2 vibe, dunno why..

am i alone here? could the visual style change gets me like this?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
the modern look gave a really significant impact for me i assume..

glad to know i'm not alone about the resident evil now @heatlancer

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Yeah, I'm gonna with others and say it might be the "modernized" factor. The combo as well as some moves remind me very much of Nero.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Oh really now. I've heard DmC, and I've heard DMC4, but not DMC3 so far. Interesting.
The whole color palette in the the early level felt very DMC3 to me, that coupled with the fact that I haven't been this much into a game since DMC3 makes me kina nostalgic I guess.

berto

I Saw the Devil
am i alone here? could the visual style change gets me like this?
No. That's a huge reason I think DMC4 sticks out from the original games like a fully decorated and lit house for christmas in May.

In this case, I think the architecture makes a huge difference. The original series was a mix of Gothic and Art Nouveau while this is very clearly London inspired. It's not the modern chunks that make it feel like it sticks out, it's locale.

It's just different and different isn't bad. I do still wish they'd take the time to make a DMC1-like game for the DMC series but I get the feeling Capcom doesn't want to do anything that involved relating to DMC1 or 2.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I ask myself this question every time a new game comes out.

Especially when 4 came out as we went from a modern-ish American city to this medieval looking European where apart from a few things like Nero's headphones, really seemed from another time. I was very confused and initially unsure if I would like 4 since it seemed so different. Granted 4 did end up being one of my least favourite entries but for entirely different reasons.

Perhaps to its detriment in the past, the aesthetic look of DMC games have tended to shift from game to game. And 5 has once again has changed its look, which is especially noticeable with the change in both console generation and engine. Though I much enjoy the style 5 is aiming for.

DarkSlayerVergil

I ask myself this question every time a new game comes out.

Especially when 4 came out as we went from a modern-ish American city to this medieval looking European where apart from a few things like Nero's headphones, really seemed from another time. I was very confused and initially unsure if I would like 4 since it seemed so different. Granted 4 did end up being one of my least favourite entries but for entirely different reasons.

Perhaps to its detriment in the past, the aesthetic look of DMC games have tended to shift from game to game. And 5 has once again has changed its look, which is especially noticeable with the change in both console generation and engine. Though I much enjoy the style 5 is aiming for.
This so much as I swear if wasn't DMC4 gameplay, I probably would of confused it for a FF game.

DMC

Devil May Cry
Still a Devil May Cry game to me... Everything what i see in the previews is pretty much like the other original DMC games except with a realistic approach... I only disliked DmC reboot for the fact... They completely changed dante and vergil... Like nobody asked for that... But this game only thing i see what changed is the visual and im ok with it.

DarkSlayerVergil

Still a Devil May Cry game to me... Everything what i see in the previews is pretty much like the other original DMC games except with a realistic approach... I only disliked DmC reboot for the fact... They completely changed dante and vergil... Like nobody asked for that... But this game only thing i see what changed is the visual and im ok with it.
I'm sorry but the whole reason for not liking the reboot because they "changed" Dante and Vergil seems silly considering the reboot was it's own universe plus Dante in the original franchise wasn't really consistent to begin with while Vergil has only DMC3 in terms of character portrayals and maybe DMC1 through Nelo Angelo a bit. Not trying to start a derail just never got the complaint tbh.

Top Bottom