• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think well ever see the old Dante again??

DMC-Rebellion

I love the Devil May Cry saga and the new DMC is good but I was a lil upset that they took away the old Dante :/ so do you think well ever see the old Dante agen? I'm hoping they'll surprise us one day and bring him back wats your thoughts people??

TheOneGirl

I really hope Capcom Japan continues the old franchise by interrupting the new Devil May Cry. If the new DMC doesn't work out for Capcom...what will they do. The original Dante was cut WAY before his time and the last DMC game was DMC4 and Dante couldn't go anywhere but up from there.If Capcom does decide on going back to the original DMC, I hope they have the same cast because no one can be a better voice actor of Dante than Reuben Langdon :D

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That depends. which old Dante are you refering to?

The serious badass and cool Dante?
The emotionless and silent Dante?
The party crazy, fratboy, manwhore Dante?
Or the clowny lame cowboy campy Dunte?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, he does cameos. There was talk of Dante been in a Bayonetta spin-off for the 3DS.

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
MVC4, anyone?
I /hope/, if and when they decide to make a fourth game, they decide to keep Old Dante. They kind of have to, anyway, considering All-Stars got the new one, right?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Can I get the serious badass and cool Dante? :3 He is my favorite. ^_^ Don't care for DMC 3/4 and I have never played DMC 2 to get the feel of that Dante to say.

Meg

I'm sure we'll see him making cameo appearances at the very least.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It was Kamiya and another P* member. I read about it before th B2 announcement.

Was it licensed or okay by Capcom or was it an idea he wanted.....3DS....I heard he wanted to make a Jeanne spin-off on the....3DS..or was it PSP/Vita but it got turned down or something.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Was it licensed or okay by Capcom or was it an idea he wanted.....3DS....I heard he wanted to make a Jeanne spin-off on the....3DS..or was it PSP/Vita but it got turned down or something.
They didn't say anything about that, simply that that was the latest idea they had for the spin-off. I remember it involved Jeanne somehow but I can't remember if it was her game.

edit:
Found it. Kamiya was talking about ideas for the Jeanne spin off and people thought that that was his idea for the sequel.
http://newbreview.com/news-bayonetta-2-to-be-a-portable-game/

ZeroLove

LOOK HERE!!!
Dante_DMC1.png
And now you have seen the old Dante once more. ^^​

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
They didn't say anything about that, simply that that was the latest idea they had for the spin-off. I remember it involved Jeanne somehow but I can't remember if it was her game.

edit:
Found it. Kamiya was talking about ideas for the Jeanne spin off and people thought that that was his idea for the sequel.
http://newbreview.com/news-bayonetta-2-to-be-a-portable-game/

Oh what does acrobatic "wire-action" mean and RTS???

Umbra Witch Academy??? Lumen & Umbra war???

Since when was Jeanne a teacher when they were at war with them???

Plus unless if Bayonetta doesn't take place in the DMC universe and Dante got there via other dimensional travel like he did in Shin Megami: Devil's Nocturne for it wouldn't make sense for Dante to live in the time period (or maybe time travel) of the Umbra and Lumen wars.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh what does acrobatic "wire-action" mean and RTS???
Wire kung fu, as in the type of action you see in Kung Fu movies that use wires, the same type as DMC3, 4 and Bayonetta.

Umbra Witch Academy??? Lumen & Umbra war???
Have you played Bayonetta? That's explained in the first 2 minutes of the game.

Since when was Jeanne a teacher when they were at war with them???
I think the idea was for a modern academy. Otherwise Dante would be replaced with Sparda. But Jeanne is a teacher now, and if she was a teacher then I guess it'd make sense.
Jeanneschoolteacher.jpg

Plus unless if Bayonetta doesn't take place in the DMC universe and Dante got there via other dimensional travel like he did in Shin Megami: Devil's Nocturne for it wouldn't make sense for Dante to live in the time period (or maybe time travel) of the Umbra and Lumen wars.
Why? It's a crossover and from the sound of it it's a rather kid friendly game. I wouldn't be surprised if it were made with huge heads and stubby bodies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why? It's a crossover and from the sound of it it's a rather kid friendly game. I wouldn't be surprised if it were made with huge heads and stubby bodies.

Ignoring everything else why would they turn a DMCXBayonetta crossover to a kid friendly game?

That is like turning a Resident EvilxSilent Hill crossover to a kid friendly game.

Both have a track record of intense violence such as blood and gore(mostly Bayonetta), dark themes, religious...I mean sacrilegious (mostly Bayonetta) tone, strong langauge (mostly Bayonetta), and oversexualization (mostly Bayonetta).

Top Bottom