• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you think Vergil's DLC will set up the events for the next DmC?

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I heard the DLC will have around 4 to 5 hours of gameplay plus bloody palace as Vergil.

Given NT's rather loose definition of gameplay I'm doubtful that completion time estimate is accurate, but I'm prepared to be impressed.

Maybe that's the campaign's length if you play through it on every difficulty. And count the toilet breaks.

I kid, I kid. :) I should neither brow-beat or pole-lick something I haven't played yet. Cautious optimism ho!

Terrutas

Not really. The events of Terminator 2 occur after The Terminator. Does that mean that The Terminator doesn't have an ending?

If they added a ten minute short film after the fact where Sarah Connor meets her Mexican friends and establishes their relationship to set up for T2, I don't think people would have been that upset.

Although we can't actually comment on the content for Vergil's Downfall because we don't know what it contains, DmC still has an ending even if it's a limp one.
Yeah,you're right.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
you know what they say about a horse with a limp leg...you got to put it down...sorry DmC

At least phrase that within the thread's context; I don't want it to be modded shut just yet.

Does anyone have any predictions for how the plot will turn out, or outlandish guesses for what will happen?

I'm hoping it brings as much joy to people as my favourite Downfall did.

Hitler-Downfall-Parody.png

...Oh bloody hell, I dun Godwin'd meself.

s8ntmark

i think it will end with Nelo Angelo.....Didn't the original story end with Vergil going into the underworld and being turned into Nelo by the end? (I'm thinking of the Special Edition of DMC3) This feels like it may be the same story.

Terrutas

i think it will end with Nelo Angelo.....Didn't the original story end with Vergil going into the underworld and being turned into Nelo by the end? (I'm thinking of the Special Edition of DMC3) This feels like it may be the same story.
Nelo angelo seems to make sense actually. and it would be pretty awesome to see him in there. but I'm hoping they wont keep too close to the original series and kill Vergil once again.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I don't know, I can find plenty of things in Bayonetta that were pretty insulting to the players...plus the fact that Kamiya goes out of his way to be degradingly insulting to his fans, and yet they act like he's shat on them with gold and diamonds. At least Tameem was a reactionary, Kamiya just throws insults at people on a sheer whim, proving he's a condencending douche.

Also, the f**king wig was not meant as an insult, it was a little poking fun at the fact that Dante WAS GOING TO BE WHITE HAIRED BY THE END. IRONIC FORESHADOWING.
Then why the **** was it in original Dante's style

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Then why the **** was it in original Dante's style

You do know that the best joke is the one made at your own expense, yes? If it had been intended as insulting, it never would have gotten past Capcom. It was playful ribbing and ironic foreshadowing, NT's crew even said that you see this Dante slowly grow into the one we know from the classic series, and how he get that way. It may be very possible he WILL have something similar to that style, more resistically done, in the next game if it happens.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

I hope they correct that stupid mistranslation and call him "Nero Angelo". We've been living with Engrish for too damned long. I know it's been there for so long that people will whine if they do, but hell, it'd please me.

I think the Angelo route will be the predictable one to take given prior lore, but I think if Vergil gets slapped in the armor without a personality like he did before it'd be selling short his character. I hope they put a spin on it so he can still be a character in his own right rather than some Arch Demon's mute enforcer.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I hope they correct that stupid mistranslation and call him "Nero Angelo". We've been living with Engrish for too damned long. I know it's been there for so long that people will whine if they do, but hell, it'd please me.

I think the Angelo route will be the predictable one to take given prior lore, but I think if Vergil gets slapped in the armor without a personality like he did before it'd be selling short his character. I hope they put a spin on it so he can still be a character in his own right rather than some Arch Demon's mute enforcer.

For once, I think we're in heavy agreement on this. Get rid of that stupid mistype and make him properly "Nero Angelo" as it even is IN the japanese original of DMC1. I'd love to see this Vergil, with Mundus seemingly out of the way, attempt to rise up in his place, and see teh aftermath of his choices as he becomes the Black Angel...a title even more appropriate to this rendition than the original as this vergil is part demon/part angel...

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
[...]he becomes the Black Angel...a title even more appropriate to this rendition than the original as this vergil is part demon/part angel...

Arguably it fits a character with human/demonic lineage fine, as in Christian mythology Demons are all former angels. It is a lot simpler if they have angelic blood though, which would certainly help idiot-proof the story.

You do know that the best joke is the one made at your own expense, yes?

No, the best joke is "NT walks into an office[REDACTED]"So show me your act"[REDACTED]baby murder[REDACTED]wubwub[REDACTED]strobe lighting[REDACTED]Arbiter Spam[REDACTED]and so the stock holder said "That's quite an act! What do you call it?"[REDACTED]SHAKESPEAREAN!"

If it had been intended as insulting, it never would have gotten past Capcom.

Oh yes. Capcom would never condone insulting the committed fans that made them a success.

mega-man-box-art-guy.jpg

Tsujimoto: LOL, put "Legends 2" on his chest.

It was playful ribbing and ironic foreshadowing,

Of course it was, and it was just too clever and well put for the thousands of potentially paying customers it offended to understand. You know, they should do an interview where they explain how DmC is actually a clever satire intended for adults, because people are too stupid to realise that too.

NT's crew even said that you see this Dante slowly grow into the one we know from the classic series, and how he get that way. It may be very possible he WILL have something similar to that style, more resistically done, in the next game if it happens.

So it wasn't bad natured and poorly executed, because in another four years we'll have a game that explains the joke! YAY!

Top Bottom